Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2005   #1
pilottim
Rookie

Default Official "Positions we won't draft in the first round Thread"

First the obvious

1.QB

Second, is one everyone is obsessed with

2.CB (we have 3 outstanding ones on the roster already)

The rest are easy eliminations
3. K
4. P
5. RB?
pilottim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilottim
Second, is one everyone is obsessed with

2.CB (we have 3 outstanding ones on the roster already)
Are you seriouse what 3 outstanding CBs do we have. We have 2 very good ones, one who is young and will become outstanding, and one who was outstanding but is on the decline of his carrer. How long do you expect Glenn to play at the level that he has been at for the last 3 years. Come on, I can see the drop in his production since the Texans expansion year when he went to the Pro- Bowl. Now, dont get me wrong I love Glenn and would love to see him play this way forever but that cant happen and if he goes down, who do we have ...Faggins.

I like Faggins but he is not starter material, hes good when we play nickel and when their are 3 or more receivers on the field, but I would not trust him to 1 on1 coverage with some of the better receivers.

I dont think that we need to take a CB in the 1st round if there is someone better, but if DJ, Barron, and TD are gone but either Antrell or Pac-Man is on the board, dont be suprised if we go with the stud CB.
Old 03-05-2005   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Are you seriouse what 3 outstanding CBs do we have. We have 2 very good ones, one who is young and will become outstanding, and one who was outstanding but is on the decline of his carrer. How long do you expect Glenn to play at the level that he has been at for the last 3 years. Come on, I can see the drop in his production since the Texans expansion year when he went to the Pro- Bowl. Now, dont get me wrong I love Glenn and would love to see him play this way forever but that cant happen and if he goes down, who do we have ...Faggins.

I like Faggins but he is not starter material, hes good when we play nickel and when their are 3 or more receivers on the field, but I would not trust him to 1 on1 coverage with some of the better receivers.

I dont think that we need to take a CB in the 1st round if there is someone better, but if DJ, Barron, and TD are gone but either Antrell or Pac-Man is on the board, dont be suprised if we go with the stud CB.
I agree. I think CB or DL is what we need. You hit the nail on the head with CB. one player injured changes the whole dynamics of the secondary Unless Coleman gets switched back to corner

DL ... we have seen what happens when 1 or 2 get injured.. we lack depth in that department..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #4
tiger06
Veteran

I really doubt we go OL at #13. I just don't think Barron or any other guy is worth taking that high. A CB like Pac-Man or DL like Spears seems reasonable. But of course, we'll go with the BPA that isn't a QB.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think K, P, FB, and QB are the most glaringly obvious ones, but as far as CB goes I have to agree that if one of the top two corners fell into our lap we might very well take him. Also, as far as RB goes, even though we may not have a desperate need for one if somehow or someway Ronnie Brown fell to 13 I think CC would have a hard time passing up on him. I think there aren't many positions that you can say that we would not take a guy in the 1st Round.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The strength of this draft is CB I think WR is next after that I guess RB. The 3rd best CB is a real good player the 3rd best WR is a real good player RBs go at least three deep also . Thats nine players , add 2 QBS + DJ + 9 ( 3CB,3WR,3RB ) = 12 players . We pick 13 so any of the 12 that falls except the QBs we take or trade the pick if someone really wants a RB .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than special teamsa players k/p you can only rule out ONE position and that is QB .

Let me explain what BPA .... it means the BEST PROSPECT AVAILABLE reguardless of needs elsewhere .

When you start eliminating positions (Even QB if that was the highest rated player available ) you are NOT drafting BPA , you are drafting out of NEED .
Sure a player from the top half of the first round should make some impact on his team . But if a stud talent is available at a position you dont feel the need to upgrade and you take a lesser rated player .... you didnt take the BPA .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read