Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-15-2010   #21
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: a confesshion and good news,......

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
the worst thing i ever did in my life was fail out of college. Point blank period. But if not for that, would i have my fiancee and my life and my 2 cats and a new turtle? I don't know.
A new turtle?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #22
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
A new turtle?
bought it this week

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #23
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Just wanted to point out that the OP didn't drop out of college, he got kicked out of 9th grade for not going to school. Pretty sure the parents are to blame on this one. Either way the OP is probably going to be a drain on our tax dollars in the near future.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
i was recently kicked out of school for missing so many days.....my great grandma *101 years old* is in the hospital and she like died 3 times but some how she made it shes in rehab now

she fell and broker her hip she had to have surgery she had a heart attack and her kidneys shut down 2 times i was so nervious i could not bring my self to go to school worried she would die

im relly sorry i got kicked out of school for this year! im going back next year and i will do alot beter

now for the good news!

she is now walking with a walker when she takes pain pills

and some news about me

i just got a call today from j and j nursery off of 2920 wanting me to work for them i got hired i go to work monday minium wage
Great news about your grandmother but not so great about you. For some reason I thought you were still in high school? Please clarify that. I get the feeling for some reason that if it were not your grandma, you would have found another excuse for leaving school. There are other avenues of education and job training beside college and you should explore all of them. I agree with the poster that said you need a good male role model in your life to guide you. I think joining a Biblical church would do wonders for you & many help with education and employment. You must be living at home if you think minimum wage will support you and why should your folks bear the weight of your poor decisions?
Come on guy, you need to start putting your life together. Keep me informed. I care about you.
Old 03-16-2010   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: a confesshion and good news,......

Errr, what are the rules in Texas for a) being expelled and b) working when you're of school age?

I ask because in Ohio, to get a job when of school age you had to get approval from the school system.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #26
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about 'rules', But i know when i was in HS (graduated 2 years early, 2006) after a while the school gives up hope on you, puts you in some kinda work program, you go to work all day, get high school credits, and STILL graduate with a diploma. Kind of like early work release (coop) but a lot better.
Old 03-16-2010   #27
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Errr, what are the rules in Texas for a) being expelled and b) working when you're of school age?

I ask because in Ohio, to get a job when of school age you had to get approval from the school system.
If he's 16 (or older) he's pretty safe. If he's 15 or younger, without a hardship exemption, he's prohibited from working certain hours before/during school days.

Link to TX Child Labor Laws

Last edited by disaacks3; 03-16-2010 at 03:58 PM.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2010   #28
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
now for the good news!

and some news about me

i just got a call today from j and j nursery off of 2920 wanting me to work for them i got hired i go to work monday minium wage
I'm sorry but everyone has issues, don't use them as a crutch. I'm sorry about your great grandma but you have to face the facts she's not going to be around forever. You need to get back into school and finish, if you don't you are going to have a very hard time to make it in this world.

Just looking at your posts you had better start back at school sooner than later. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but IMHO you are making some bad choices, but then again it's not my life so you are more than welcome to tell me to go jump off a cliff.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #29
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon, that is highly unacceptable. We all have high hopes for you and were looking forward to hearing about your accomplishments during this school year. You need to do what ever it is you need to do to reach your goals. School is a pain in the arse but, but it will pay off heavy dividends if you make it through.
Try to focus on your future more and see what you can be not what you can't. Be good and if you need to talk feel free to give me a call.
Old 03-29-2010   #30
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I had some additional thoughts on thois subject I wished to share with you.

Something to consider. According to a recent poll, people without a highschool diploma were 50% times more likley than those with diplomas to be underemployed. Furthermore 21.5% of those surveyed without a highschool diploma were unemployed. In contrast, 12.3% of people with highschool diplomas were unemployed. http://www.gallup.com/poll/126995/Fo...mployment.aspx

The point is clear: get yourself back in school. in 2010 it is imperative to have a highschool diploma. life without a highschool diploma is exceedingly tough. Its tough to get a job, keep a job, and get a job that provides satisfaction without a degree.

The following are a series of steps I STRONGLY urge you to consider.

First, Find out what your classmates are reading for Literature classes and the types of writing assignments they needed to do. Put down on paper how you will read those books, write essays, etc. Find out what is happening in Math and Science too. use the web to develop a plan to continue to study those subjects independently. Begin to study those areas for a good 2 weeks. And when I mean study, I mean devote 50 minutes per day 5 days per week to each subject.

Second, go back to the school and beg, humble yourself, bargain, do whatever it takes to get back into school for the summer. Show your school your plan to study until then and then meet with the principal or some teacher there every couple of weeks to show your progress. At the initial meeting take a log of what you have done, demonstrate what you have learned, and show the school that you do not take your education for granted. Demonstrate to them that you did not sit on your butt during this time but you recognized your error and fully devoted yourself to your education.

Study at the same time each day and do not sleep in. Get up every morning by 7 and get started with studying by 8am every day. Taking your education seriously may go a long way to get back into school and will be immensely helpful for you down the line.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #31
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Something about this account is questionable. How many days are we talking about? What age? Does the District have truency rules? If so, do your parents have to go to court and/or pay a fine? Are there alternative school settings for excessive absentees?

I am finding it hard to believe that a school would expel someone for a semester due to a truency issue or what could be seen as excused absences if parents contact the school. College, of course, but high school I need answers or will do some research.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #32
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
i was recently kicked out of school for missing so many days.....my great grandma *101 years old* is in the hospital and she like died 3 times but some how she made it shes in rehab now

she fell and broker her hip she had to have surgery she had a heart attack and her kidneys shut down 2 times i was so nervious i could not bring my self to go to school worried she would die

im relly sorry i got kicked out of school for this year! im going back next year and i will do alot beter

now for the good news!

and some news about me

I used to volunteer at an assisted living community. A broken hip is very, very hard to recover from especially at her age. It's great to hear that she's doing so well given the circumstances.

As for school, I hope you get your act together. Once you stop going to school, it's really hard to come back. I know from experience. lol. Last year (my senior year in HS), I wasn't going to my first and second period classes. They were gym and english. I failed both. Luckily, I was able to make up that english credit using an online course. I finished it in 3 hours. But I had to take summer school gym. Very embarassing, because my family was expecting me to walk across the stage in June, but I had to wait until the end of July to graduate. It was awful. Biggest mistake of my life. I'm lucky that even with this bump, SHSU continued to enroll me rather than pull my acceptance.

Anyway, long story aside, I hope everything works out for you and your grandmother. Good luck with your new job as well.
Old 03-29-2010   #33
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Something about this account is questionable. How many days are we talking about? What age? Does the District have truency rules? If so, do your parents have to go to court and/or pay a fine? Are there alternative school settings for excessive absentees?

I am finding it hard to believe that a school would expel someone for a semester due to a truency issue or what could be seen as excused absences if parents contact the school. College, of course, but high school I need answers or will do some research.
i did have to go to court but they did not give a fine, and why the hell do yall keep saying im a troll, and im not guna give out personal info over the enternet no more so **** off and close this thread all i did was try to be nice to yall and all i get is neglet on another note thank you for the suport for my grandma and me....
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #34
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i did have to go to court but they did not give a fine, and why the hell do yall keep saying im a troll, and im not guna give out personal info over the enternet no more so **** off and close this thread all i did was try to be nice to yall and all i get is neglet on another note thank you for the suport for my grandma and me....
Nobody called you a troll. Jeez... Slaton's got fumblitis yet you still think he's a beast! That isn't the definition of a troll to me. You're a great fan. We all are.

...Although....

I'm somewhat skeptical of your intentions. I admit that. Do you know why I'm skeptical? I've seen intelligence in your posts. Bright as day. More than once. Strong intelligence too. This spelling issue of yours doesn't match up with the intelligence I've seen out of you. I think you're better than what you've been posting and you know it.

Life's all about choices. What's your next choice gonna be? It's only your life.
Old 03-29-2010   #35
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Things sure have changed here on Walton's mountain.

Quote:
Look man, try to hang in there. You have gotten a lot of good advice from a lot of folks, most people are showing a real interest in you getting back in school and doing your best. Take their advice and get back to school no matter what, it can define the rest of your life if you don't. A good number of us have either lived it or someone very close to us has. No one here wants you to fail, but it's going to take some hard work and the end it's up to you. You can do it.
Old 03-29-2010   #36
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look Man you are our Future and you need to take life with your head uP. I did not call you a Troll cause I know who you are. I want the best for you and right now School is it. If you do not like the school your in there are some alternatives like Houston Can Acadamy. I think Rich Lord can give me some info on them if you want it. I can also get you some info on a church school that will help you get your diploma. Man please listen your Diploma is so much more important now than when I was in school. And the difference between a college graduate and a high school drop out is about 50,000 dollars a year. that is to Start. DUde we all want the best for you that is why we ride you so much. and Believe me when I say do not take a lot of what is said on here to heart, it just might drive you crazy.
Old 03-29-2010   #37
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Look Man you are our Future and you need to take life with your head uP. I did not call you a Troll cause I know who you are. I want the best for you and right now School is it. If you do not like the school your in there are some alternatives like Houston Can Acadamy. I think Rich Lord can give me some info on them if you want it. I can also get you some info on a church school that will help you get your diploma. Man please listen your Diploma is so much more important now than when I was in school. And the difference between a college graduate and a high school drop out is about 50,000 dollars a year. that is to Start. DUde we all want the best for you that is why we ride you so much. and Believe me when I say do not take a lot of what is said on here to heart, it just might drive you crazy.

Careful Joe, people might start to think you have a heart!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Careful Joe, people might start to think you have a heart!

Who Me?
Old 03-29-2010   #39
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am actually a bit surprised and disappointed by your attitude. There have been a lot of people on here that have cared enough about you to give you some very solid advice. You are one of the youngest people (if not the youngest) that comes to this board. One of the advantages you could have is seeking the advice of people who have lived very different lives. Some people here were in your position at one time and wish to offer you some advice. Others of us have seen or know people that were in your position and see what happened to them.

All we can do is offer you advice. Whether you choose or not to follow it or not is obviously up to you. But, I am getting the feeling you really do not want to hear what I have to say. And that is perfectly acceptable. So, I will honor your choice and not offer any more advice to you, until you specifically ask me.

Best of luck to you, young man.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #40
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I think the kid is starving for attention. The attention that he isn't getting at home.

By the way, MMA stands for Marine Military Academy.
this is why i got so upset .... and hang on ill post more
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read