Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-13-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry a confesshion and good news,......

i was recently kicked out of school for missing so many days.....my great grandma *101 years old* is in the hospital and she like died 3 times but some how she made it shes in rehab now

she fell and broker her hip she had to have surgery she had a heart attack and her kidneys shut down 2 times i was so nervious i could not bring my self to go to school worried she would die

im relly sorry i got kicked out of school for this year! im going back next year and i will do alot beter

now for the good news!

she is now walking with a walker when she takes pain pills

and some news about me

i just got a call today from j and j nursery off of 2920 wanting me to work for them i got hired i go to work monday minium wage
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Re: a confesshion and good news,......

I hope that you go back to school next year. Working for minimum wage is not the way to go.
Old 03-13-2010   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
I hope that you go back to school next year. Working for minimum wage is not the way to go.
Agreed. Its hard for a person to acquire a good job without a degree.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Agreed. Its hard for a person to acquire a good job without a degree.
Sucks but true. On the flip side, school's not for everyone.
Old 03-13-2010   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Sucks but true. On the flip side, school's not for everyone.
Sure, but you pretty much NEED a high school diploma these days. While a GED can be ok, some places require a hs diploma.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-13-2010   #6
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes life gets in the way of school. It happens. But don't forget about school by any means. Worst case scenario, go get your GED, man. You can't get by anymore just working with no diploma/GED. It's too dang hard.
College isn't for everyone but you gotta get your high school diploma or at least GED. Good luck and glad your grandmother is better.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #7
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trust me.

Go to school, get an education, or prepare for a hard hard life. While schools not for everyone, the alternative is for even less. Its working long hours of hard jobs that don't pay well to hopefully one day move up, or join the Army (What i did).

You may hate school, and school may hate you, but its worth it.
Old 03-13-2010   #8
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6114 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy for ur grandma but get ur BUTT back in school (evening classes, online etc.)...I'm sure ur grandma would want you to at least finish. Life isn't always fair nor sympathetic...you're going to have to work twice as hard with ur grandma to help, working and school but it's worth it...get it done now vs later or you will regret it...I know I did

Last edited by playa465; 03-14-2010 at 01:56 AM.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't realize that you were a college student. I'm glad that your grandmother is recovering and doing well.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

slatonisabeast, my initial thought is missing school for a year will make it easier for you to not go next year. Kind of like a college student taking a semester off, promising to go the next year and 5 years later, wishing he finished what he started.

I'm sorry for your grandma, and I'm happy that even at 100+ she is still alive, but c'mon man!!!!!!! In the grand scheme of things, your grandma wants you to finish school so you don't have to earn minimum wages for a living. Take the time to grieve, but don't put yourself in a position to where you're getting kicked out of school because you're missing too many days.
Old 03-14-2010   #11
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Get back to school, dude. There ain't a frickin' thing worth dropping out for. Believe me...the quality of the honeys at J & J can't touch those at your school. Get back...NOW!

Life is tough...it's tougher if you're stoopid. And being stoopid is a choice. YOU are better than that, man!

It really sucks you have no responsible adult in your life to lead you by example.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #12
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Your parents just let you not go to school? Very responsible parenting!

My grandmother died of cancer, in my house, two months before I graduated high school. I think I maybe missed one day of school. I cannot believe your parents would be so irresponsible to let you skip school because your great grandmother was sick.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #13
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

no it not my parents fault i thrue fits at school and i made them come get \
me...i know im stuped....yes i thaught about suicide school is just to much for
me im praying it will be easyer next year...
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #14
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
Then someone needs to show you that "fits" are not acceptable. I think that is a lesson I would teach my kids with an ass whoopin' or 5.

There's a school down in Harlingen your folks oughta look into. Tailor made for kids like you, too. Hopefully they will.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
My suggestion to you is get into some good therapy/counseling to work through the problems you are currently facing. That way when you go back to school next year(perhaps even summer school now) you will have the coping strategies in hand to deal with your emotional problems.

There is nothing wrong with having emotional problems as long as you are taking steps to work through them.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 03-14-2010   #16
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Then someone needs to show you that "fits" are not acceptable. I think that is a lesson I would teach my kids with an ass whoopin' or 5.

There's a school down in Harlingen your folks oughta look into. Tailor made for kids like you, too. Hopefully they will.
You got it, Roc, three letters: MMA. I've seen and heard of countless young men who come down here and get straightened out. Discipline and structure...

MODS please delete that first post...apologies
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
You got it, Roc, three letters: MMA. I've seen and heard of countless young men who come down here and get straightened out. Discipline and structure...

MODS please delete that first post...apologies
MMA? Really? I don't know about teaching them to fight would be better than trade school? Automotive mechanics make a good, honest, and safe living.

FWIW, I think slaton is full of doodoo. I believe his misspellings to be greatly exaggerated and intentional. The guy can spell poise, recently, attack but not better or really? C'mon now... when will this charade end?
Old 03-14-2010   #18
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
MMA? Really? I don't know about teaching them to fight would be better than trade school? Automotive mechanics make a good, honest, and safe living.

FWIW, I think slaton is full of doodoo. I believe his misspellings to be greatly exaggerated and intentional. The guy can spell poise, recently, attack but not better or really? C'mon now... when will this charade end?
I think the kid is starving for attention. The attention that he isn't getting at home.

By the way, MMA stands for Marine Military Academy.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
By the way, MMA stands for Marine Military Academy.
Ah! I can get behind that!
Old 03-15-2010   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

the worst thing i ever did in my life was fail out of college. Point blank period. But if not for that, would i have my fiancee and my life and my 2 cats and a new turtle? I don't know.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read