Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foreman Blindsided

Quote:
"I'm blindsided by the whole thing, really. I really don't know what's going on," said Foreman, who led the team in tackles in 2002. "It's just one of those deals. In this business, you can't be surprised by anything."

Texans general manager Charley Casserly declined comment.

Although both of the Texans' starting inside linebackers are on the trading block several scenarios are possible:

The Texans could trade both players, only one, or decide to retain both, although the latter appears unlikely.
The team could place added emphasis on selecting an inside linebacker during the early rounds of the April draft.
Another inside linebacker could be acquired during free agency.
Sharper, 30, the team's leading tackler each of the last two seasons, is scheduled to count $6.13 million against the salary cap in 2005. Foreman, 29, a three-year starter recovering from an ankle injury, will have a $2.21 million cap hit.

Also Friday, the Texans hired University of Virginia assistant coach Mike London as defensive line coach. London spent the past four years working as defensive line coach/recruiting coordinator for Virginia, which uses a 3-4 defense, and previously worked for four seasons with Boston College. The position has been vacant since Todd Grantham left last month to become defensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns.

The Texans also signed a pair of unrestricted free agents. Fullback Moran Norris, 26, agreed to a three-year deal worth $1.9 million, including a $600,000 signing bonus, and cornerback Jason Bell, 26, signed a one-year deal worth $540,000 with a $25,000 signing bonus.

"I'm real glad to get this over," said Norris, the primary blocker the past two seasons for 1,000-yard rusher Domanick Davis. "It took a lot of stress off me being a free agent."

Receiver Corey Bradford is scheduled to meet with the Detroit Lions early next week.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3069791

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #2
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i like that cass and dom aren't complacent, they seem to be shaking things up a bit. so might this mean:

peek/wong/greenwood/babin?????
Old 03-05-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Bradford wants a better role in the offense, so he is flying to Detroit where Roy Williams and Charles Rogers are clearly 1 and 2.

Ok?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #4
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i'm guessing he will fly to oakland next. he should see alot of balls with moss and porter around.
Old 03-05-2005   #5
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Bradford wants a better role in the offense, so he is flying to Detroit where Roy Williams and Charles Rogers are clearly 1 and 2.

Ok?
He is just looking for work.
southtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #6
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bradford was smart, he'd be trying to talk to Philly... He is faster and has better hands than Freddie Mitchell has or even thinks he has.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #7
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
If Bradford was smart, he'd be trying to talk to Philly... He is faster and has better hands than Freddie Mitchell has or even thinks he has.
LoL, Freddie Mitchell...LoL
Freddie Mitchell = Dumb*****
TMac48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2005   #8
texman8
Veteran

It takes two to tango. Yeah, Eagles, Bears,Boys,and Fins are some teams Bradford should look to sign;that is, if any are interested.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

and the Ravens.

About Foreman.. that kinda bothers me. We have so far made it a point to treat our players right (or at least it seemed that way to me). I like the move to trade foreman and sharper.. but I would have expected both of the to get prior notice before we did so. Maybe things just happened too fast to do that.. but it still kinda sucks. I have nothing against either Sharper or Foreman. Both of them have played important roles on this team and have played no small part in getting it to where it is now.. I wouldnt want them to leave feeling disrespected or betrayed.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
and the Ravens.

About Foreman.. that kinda bothers me. We have so far made it a point to treat our players right (or at least it seemed that way to me). I like the move to trade foreman and sharper.. but I would have expected both of the to get prior notice before we did so. Maybe things just happened too fast to do that.. but it still kinda sucks. I have nothing against either Sharper or Foreman. Both of them have played important roles on this team and have played no small part in getting it to where it is now.. I wouldnt want them to leave feeling disrespected or betrayed.

Players feeling betrayed and/or disrespected is unavoidable during contract negotiations and when decisions like this have to be made. It's just the nature of a pro athlete. They were both notified and I'm sure have much more of the story than we do. Athletes at that level just have remarkable self-images and beliefs in their abilities, so many times they can't grasp that someone else would be better. Don't knock Casserly and company for trying to do their job.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ok?
He'd be #2 there after game 3 when Rogers' arm falls off.
Old 03-05-2005   #12
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

If Foreman is blindsided by an attempt to replace him he has had his head in the sand, or up some body cavity.

I bet Steve McKinney will also feel betrayed and blindsided when he gets replaced, just like Matt Stevens was surprised.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #13
hound
Rookie

Quote:

Ok?

Maybe he's seen Chalie Rogers' stats for the last two years (22 catches for 243 yards) and thinks he's better than a guy that never plays. Rogers has had that colar bone repaired with some stainless steel parts... but he has two colar bones. Detroit may have seen Rogers X-Rays and his stats and thinks having another guy around might be a good thing.

I wouldn't think a FA TE would be silly to talk to Houston even though we have Joppru.
hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Texans ready to part with Foreman"

Along with Sharper, Foreman has been given permission to seek trade as well, according to the Houston Chronicle.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #15
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes but he hasn't been as important to this defense as Sharper has. Thats why nobody is talking about it. Also he don't have the big of trade value.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #16
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound
I wouldn't think a FA TE would be silly to talk to Houston even though we have Joppru.
I sure hope he was worth sitting on the bench for 2 years and filling up a spot on our roster.
Old 03-05-2005   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge

Better hands????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
Thats why the Texans don't want him anymore. He can't catch!!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the case of Bradford Vs. Mitchell, better is a very relative term.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #19
TexanTom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I don't think giving them permission to seek a trade is disrespecting them. They didn't blindside them with a trade. They said, look we've brought in more players and if you think there is a better situation out there for you then we give you permission to go pursue it. I think that is giving them at least some respect. Now I know that quite often giving a player permission to seek a trade means "find a trade or you're cut" but I don't even think that's the case. I think it is simply saying "you're going to have to compete for your position in this training camp, so if you don't want to do that then find someone who isn't going to do that" I wouldn't call it the ultimate display of confidence...but not disprespect either.
TexanTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans pretty much told Foreman that he is not playing up to his contract numbers and if you don't restructure you will probably be in danger of being cut. He probably didn't want to restructure so the Texans told him to find a deal if he doesn't want to chance being a camp casualty. Letting the player know where he stands in March is far classier than just cutting him out of nowhere in August.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read