Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-11-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Jake Sharp RB - Kansas

Quote:
University of Kansas RB Jake Sharp boosted his draft stock during the school’s pro day workout Wednesday. The diminutive (5-9 1/4, 194) runner, who wasn’t at the NFL Scouting Combine, posted a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash and his 10-4 broad jump matched the best leap recorded by a running back in Indianapolis.

Talent evaluators from 12 teams lined the indoor AstroTurf field to watch Sharp and nine other NFL hopefuls.

Sharp ran 4.46 and 4.43, had a 25-inch vertical leap, 10-4 broad jump, 4.06 short shuttle, 6.84 three-cone drill, and 19 bench press reps.
He had a pretty good career at KU, anybody have any good or bad opinions on him. Might be worth a look in the later rounds depending on how the draft works out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzUsJpZoFg
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake Sharp RB - Kansas

I'm a KU person and he has no place in the NFL. I wouldn't even pick him up as an UDFA. He's blazing fast. He was clocking in the 4.3's electronically training for the combine. With that said, his legs stop moving on first contact, he's extremely injury prone, he lacks lateral quickness. He's fast if you want him to run 40 yards in a straight line. If you need him to make someone miss, it's not going to happen. He's an awkward catcher of the ball in space.

Hope that sums it up after I've watched him for 3 years now.
Old 03-13-2010   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want a KU RB to keep an eye on, Toben Opurum. He knocked defenders out of the game as a true freshman. He's an NFL player unless he regresses.
Old 03-15-2010   #4
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Thanks for clearing that up LOL

I only saw KU like 3-4 times a year so I wasn't quite sure what the knocks on the guy was.

Appreciate it!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #5
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't 25 inches a really, really bad vert? Wonder what was up with that.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Isn't 25 inches a really, really bad vert? Wonder what was up with that.
For that kid's sake I am hoping that is a mistype. I can still a 25 inch vert. Not exact pretty, but that number is that bad.
Old 03-16-2010   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
For that kid's sake I am hoping that is a mistype. I can still a 25 inch vert. Not exact pretty, but that number is that bad.
That was with a DT hanging on his legs.

I hope.

For his sake.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read