Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2010   #1
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you do this Trade?

Would you trade Houston Texans WR Jacoby Jones to the Buffalo Bills for RB Marshawn Lynch who is rumored to be out of favor in Buffalo? This is just a random thought that I had. To me it fills a need for both teams. The Bills trade a RB that has fallen out of favor and receives a WR that can replace T.O. and may be ready to become a #2 WR.(Also when Walter resigned that means JJ will be no more than a #3 WR for us). The Texans take a chance on a RB that is a complete RB that has some baggage and is still young (23 or 24) that I think can use a change of address and would fit well in our offense. I know most will say he is a trouble maker that the Texans front office have looked away from but I believe that we need some toughness on offense like Cushing/Pollard added on defense last season. What do you think?
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you do this Trade?

No..
Old 03-11-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Lynch is an ***** and want no part of him here.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Jacoby is one of my favorite players.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #5
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
Would you trade Houston Texans WR Jacoby Jones to the Buffalo Bills for RB Marshawn Lynch who is rumored to be out of favor in Buffalo? This is just a random thought that I had. To me it fills a need for both teams. The Bills trade a RB that has fallen out of favor and receives a WR that can replace T.O. and may be ready to become a #2 WR.(Also when Walter resigned that means JJ will be no more than a #3 WR for us). The Texans take a chance on a RB that is a complete RB that has some baggage and is still young (23 or 24) that I think can use a change of address and would fit well in our offense. I know most will say he is a trouble maker that the Texans front office have looked away from but I believe that we need some toughness on offense like Cushing/Pollard added on defense last season. What do you think?
Nope. While JJ has had maturity issues, nobody claims that he's a disruptive influence in the lockerroom. Not so with Marshawn. Plus, Lynch had a three-game suspension last year from the league. Usually, the next offense after such a suspension nets a year-long ban. And, even when Lynch was playing, he got beaten out by Fred Jackson.

I have no problem with the idea of trading Jones for a solid RB, but I don't think Lynch qualifies as a solid RB.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No

I would trade a 5th rd pick for Lynch though.

That way when he gets suspended not much would be lost.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks for bringing more crime to the city of Houston.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I want another RB I would not trade Jones for Lynch. I know you may think that Jones will only be a #3 receiver. However, if he keeps making these key 43 yard receptions at the times that he did last season, he will find the #2 spot eventually. Even if he doesn't do it this year, Walter could eventually get old fast and Jacoby will be there.
I think we've seen the best of Lynch and therefore feel the upside to Jacoby is greater.

Lastly, if Lynch is getting in the kind of trouble that he's getting into in Buffalo, who many players claim is the quietest most boring town in the NFL, no telling what kind of trouble is waiting for him in Houston.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #9
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
As much as I want another RB I would not trade Jones for Lynch. I know you may think that Jones will only be a #3 receiver. However, if he keeps making these key 43 yard receptions at the times that he did last season, he will find the #2 spot eventually. Even if he doesn't do it this year, Walter could eventually get old fast and Jacoby will be there.
I think we've seen the best of Lynch and therefore feel the upside to Jacoby is greater.

Lastly, if Lynch is getting in the kind of trouble that he's getting into in Buffalo, who many players claim is the quietest most boring town in the NFL, no telling what kind of trouble is waiting for him in Houston.
I might be in the minority here and say yes. sometimes new scenery helps players change their attitudes.

on another note, what does it even matter?

Since were playing the hypothetical game, would you trade Andre Johnson for Adrian Peterson?

Go ahead and marinate on that for a while. Im not sure I even know the answer to this one.
Old 03-11-2010   #10
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Agreed. I am predicting JJ takes over the #2 role this year. Everyone will see a definite increase in his production, route running, and pass catching. Most WR's breakout in their third year, although last year was his third, he didnt exactly break out but IMHO showed definite growth as a WR. I think JJ will breakout in his 4th year in leiu of.
Old 03-11-2010   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell no!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Lynch is injury prone and has character issues. No way.

Jacoby wouldn't be of much value to Buffalo since they have no one to throw down field to him.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I would want Marshawn Lynch as a free agent much less through a trade.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

No. For several reasons, but #1 being his gold teeth.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
No. For several reasons, but #1 being his gold teeth.
good point. and the fact that he refers to himself as "beece mode"
Old 03-11-2010   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I might be in the minority here and say yes. sometimes new scenery helps players change their attitudes.
True but this isn't Brad Lidge going elsewhere. This is a guy with every red flag possible, not to mention pretty average production last time I checked.
Quote:
Since were playing the hypothetical game, would you trade Andre Johnson for Adrian Peterson?

Go ahead and marinate on that for a while. Im not sure I even know the answer to this one.
Let me sprinkle some hell no on your marinade hahaha...I would trade AJ for AP, the whole Viking OL aaaaand their next 3 drafts, all rounds. If I seem ridiculous, I'm just answering the question presented.

I wouldn't trade JJ either. We've suffered through his progress and he's finally turning progress into production even buried behind sure fire starters. he's still a dynamic return man too. Frankly it's time to give him a REAL chance, not just be the x-factor type of player.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was one incident, then I could see giving a guy a chance. He has proven time and again that he can't stay out of trouble. He is an ***** and a thug, so no way. Jacoby has maturity problems, and even he thinks Lynch needs to grow up.
Old 03-11-2010   #18
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Lynch is injury prone and has character issues. No way.

Jacoby wouldn't be of much value to Buffalo since they have no one to throw down field to him.
Don't know if I agree with that. He has missed 7 games in 4 years, 3 of which were a manditory suspension by the league...

the character thing, his ESPN Fantasy Projection profile calls him a knucklehead...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

No. JJ might be trade bait in future but not for this guy.
Old 03-11-2010   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I'll bite, I love hypothetical trade games. I think Schaub and Andre have something special and I don't think I would trade Andre for any player in the league. He's the center of our Offense, the reason why it works so well and all we need is support around him. Peterson is GREAT, but I don't give up Andre.

Pretty interesting idea though. I'm not worried about derailing this thread (no offense) but I think it was over by Post #2's "No"

But who in the entire NFL would y'all trade Andre Johnson for? I can't think of a single person that would make me do that. I think that says A LOT about Andre!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read