Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2010   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chester Pitts on Sirius NFL

Chester coming up on Sirius NFL Radio in the next 30-40 minutes or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chester Pitts on Sirius NFL

Deja Vu'?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Chester Pitts on Sirius NFL

What did he say?
Old 03-09-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
What did he say?
Old 03-09-2010   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't hear the interview but judging by his twitter feed recently, he REALLY wants to return and doesn't wanna be anywhere else. He's almost lobbying the front office to give him a call, its tough to read cause I'm not so sure the FO feels the same way. I do, I like him at LG more than Studdard, hurt or rehabbed or whatever condition he'll be in.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He might have to settle for a money loss coming off an injury.
Old 03-09-2010   #7
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty confident that's their play. Let him shop, if nobody bites then he's got little to no leverage in a negotiations. I'm sure they'd welcome him back for pennies on the dollar. But I don't see them pursuing him until they are certain they aren't going to have to negotiate. If it happens it'll be on their terms.

For the record I'd love to have him back as veteran depth or starter but I am pulling for drafting a C/G higher than lower and letting it work itself out. If that means Pitts comes back and his knee is better and he starts in front of a young G/C for a year or two I'm happy.

There are things about Studdard's game that are exciting but I just don't how they can be "loving him at RG" as McCain puts it.

D. Brown/ Butler
Pitts/rookie G-C/Studdard
Meyers/Caldwell/rookie G-C
Caldwell/Briesel
Winston/Butler

at the start of camp sounds lovely to me. I don't care who's first on the depth chart at those interior positions either.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2010   #8
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I'm pretty confident that's their play. Let him shop, if nobody bites then he's got little to no leverage in a negotiations. I'm sure they'd welcome him back for pennies on the dollar. But I don't see them pursuing him until they are certain they aren't going to have to negotiate. If it happens it'll be on their terms.

For the record I'd love to have him back as veteran depth or starter but I am pulling for drafting a C/G higher than lower and letting it work itself out. If that means Pitts comes back and his knee is better and he starts in front of a young G/C for a year or two I'm happy.

There are things about Studdard's game that are exciting but I just don't how they can be "loving him at RG" as McCain puts it.

D. Brown/ Butler
Caldwell/Briesel
Winston/Butler

at the start of camp sounds lovely to me. I don't care who's first on the depth chart at those interior positions either.

I like the cut of your jib. Although Kubiak seems to be a lot more enamored with Studdard than the rest of us... If you asked him he'd probably say Studdards the #1 LG on the depth chart right now.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I like the cut of your jib. Although Kubiak seems to be a lot more enamored with Studdard than the rest of us... If you asked him he'd probably say Studdards the #1 LG on the depth chart right now.
Studdard is #1 LG on the depth chart right now because Pitts isn't on the roster. Something else to remember here. Pitts has not medically passed yet and won't for 1-2 more months. Occasionally you will see teams sign their own injured vets before passing medical but it's rare for another team to take such a player on. Pitts may very well dangle in the market until that time.
Old 03-10-2010   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what I expect to happen. He wants a 1 year deal so he can "prove he can stay healthy" so he can re-test the market next offseason (when there won't be any football ). I think it would be a great deal for the Texans to keep him on for a year and draft a LG/C somewhere that is not a project. (Pouncey)

I don't know how enamored Kubiak is with Studdard. He's had mixed comments about him. I have seen what he sees in him that he likes and he does possess some intangibles but I just think his lack of athleticism is a huge knock against his ability to be a good LG.

I don't put too much stock into McCain saying "so and so is the starter.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The "Kubiak loves Studdard" talk could just be a smoke screen in order to sign Pitts for less money. If Pitts feels like he is the better OG then he may feel he has some leverage over the FO.
Old 03-10-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

D. Brown/ Butler
Caldwell/Briesel
Winston/Butler

J/C......How would depth chart look with the signing of Wade Smith?
Old 03-10-2010   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I hope if nobody signs Pitts this offseason we give him a chance to reclaim his job in training camp. We wouldn't have to overpay for him by then and it would be nice to give a true iron man like Pitts the opportunity to take back his spot he's held down for so long.
Old 03-11-2010   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
J/C......How would depth chart look with the signing of Wade Smith?
Bye Bye White.

IMO Smith is a depth on a good team, not a starter. So we just over paid a back up.

He was a back up when he was a Jets after having started for the Dolphins, that concerns me.

I hope they don't sit on this guy as the only OL move before the draft. And if they do not draft an OL guy in the top 2 rounds, then this guy is playing over the current mess at OG.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN Radio is running an interview with Chester Pitts right now. Said he's talked to Detroit, Cincinnati, Denver, Miami and one other team (didn't catch the 5th one). Said he's still talking to the Texans, and Houston is still where he wants to be.
Old 03-11-2010   #16
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'm the only person that saw this on channel 11 the other night (video interview with Pitts in link).

A couple excerpts from the interview are that he's doing everything in his power to remain here and:
Quote:
"You could set up a deal where you play for this, if you do this, kind of like an incentive based type deal," says Pitts. "I think they’re working on things so where on my end, I get compensated and on their end, they have the protection they’re looking for."
I hope they make it happen.
Old 03-11-2010   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else feel that if The Texans make this deal with Pitts happen that it will go a long way in the locker room?

I mean, right now you got a couple of not so disgruntled players in Demeco and Owen. Perhaps showing the loyalty to Pitts will let them know that we are going to do everything we can to keep them?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Does anyone else feel that if The Texans make this deal with Pitts happen that it will go a long way in the locker room?

I mean, right now you got a couple of not so disgruntled players in Demeco and Owen. Perhaps showing the loyalty to Pitts will let them know that we are going to do everything we can to keep them?
I better be careful with the phraesology on this one...

I don't think Pitts is the locker room leader that he is perceived to be on this board. Therefore, I'm not sure making exceptions for him would have a net positive impact. The good feeling for seeing a player taken care of could be offset by questions of what makes some players special after their usefulness to the team has waned, especially when viewed by top performers who can't get extensions done.
Old 03-11-2010   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitts would ne welcomed back by players id perceived he could do the job. Chester may still have a year or three left as this was his first injury. Team is doing the right thing and same thing with RFA by taking it slow. Texans are in the driver's seat. I think the Smith signing has moved drafting an Oline player further down the priority list.
Old 03-11-2010   #20
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I better be careful with the phraesology on this one...

I don't think Pitts is the locker room leader that he is perceived to be on this board.
Care to elaborate ?
And which players would you rate as LR leaders ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read