Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-12-2010   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Draft party

Plannin on it! Gotta hook with with my BC buds!! I MISS you all!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #22
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Anybody want to do the math and figure out what time we'll be listening to our pick at #20?

I'm thinking it's going to be a late night...not a great family-oriented event on a school-night, but a bigger party for the grown-ups. Start lining up those babysitters now!

I know one thing for sure...I'm already starting to feel it...I'm going to be sick on Friday and won't be able to go to work. Stupid allergies!
Old 03-13-2010   #23
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_General View Post
Anybody want to do the math and figure out what time we'll be listening to our pick at #20?

I'm thinking it's going to be a late night...not a great family-oriented event on a school-night, but a bigger party for the grown-ups. Start lining up those babysitters now!

I know one thing for sure...I'm already starting to feel it...I'm going to be sick on Friday and won't be able to go to work. Stupid allergies!
I went last year and that didn't end so well for me . As a matter of fact I don't think n e texans event ends well for me( draft party ,training camp, or the games. Seems like every time I go, I end up going to brickhouse with my brother afterwards. Maybe I should just go with the wife this year. lol
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #24
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Goodell ruined draft weekend for alot of fans. I've had a draft party for years and now nobody can really party on thurday night. If he was going to stretch it out over 3 days then he should have made it friday through sunday. Thursday night just plain sucks compared to saturday imho.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I think Goodell ruined draft weekend for alot of fans. I've had a draft party for years and now nobody can really party on thurday night. If he was going to stretch it out over 3 days then he should have made it friday through sunday. Thursday night just plain sucks compared to saturday imho.
Goddell screwed up a good thing.

Friday thru Sunday would've been a good time.

Hang out at draft party on Friday night. Get up and watch the draft with friends on Saturday. I guess that makes to much sense.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, this Thursday thing is dumb.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #27
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be there, as usual.
To answer a previous question: The first round has a 10 minute limit per pick, so mathematically our pick would be as late as 3 hours 10 minutes into the draft if each team were to take max time for their selection.
(19 teams before us * 10min each = 190min).
I think the timer is reset in the event of a trade, giving a full ten minutes to the team that traded into that spot, but I'm not 100% sure of how that works. If time is added then, of course, our pick could end up occurring a bit later.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2010   #28
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Well, I WOULD go, but the Mrs. might kill me. The little one turns 1-yr. old on that day!
The Texans have a draft every year. A first birthday only comes once.
Old 03-15-2010   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Goddell screwed up a good thing.

Friday thru Sunday would've been a good time.
Hang out at draft party on Friday night. Get up and watch the draft with friends on Saturday. I guess that makes to much sense.
I actually agree with you here. It would definitely make it better for the fans, which I thought were the primary target here. Two nights of partys and get-together = mo money fo all
Old 03-15-2010   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

doesn't bother me I'll just take another vacation day

what does bother me is the draft being always in NY & combine Indianapolis. If this is truely expansion of our national interest the draft process should be treated just like a Superbowl & opened up for bidding in other cities. Houston has the faciltities & interest to host such events as much as NY or Indy
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #31
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 2010 Draft party

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
doesn't bother me I'll just take another vacation day

what does bother me is the draft being always in NY & combine Indianapolis. If this is truely expansion of our national interest the draft process should be treated just like a Superbowl & opened up for bidding in other cities. Houston has the faciltities & interest to host such events as much as NY or Indy
I was pumpr when the idea was tossed around of a draft in NOLA. I would have gone.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Sucks but I might still be there.
Old 03-16-2010   #33
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary do not let this affect your gpa

Goodel has been messing with everything and he is kinda turning out like Obama and his football picks. Pro Bowl in Miami before the SB, Thursday night draft. Now he has the Jets Owner to contend with. What is next Roger come on let us know.
Old 03-22-2010   #34
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am boycotting the draft. I think it's retarded to have this thing on a weekday night. I just don't see how they expect to get better ratings going up against Thursday prime time television (Grey's Anatomy, etc.)

The way it was, people would have draft parties on Saturday and all these casual fans who normally wouldn't tune into the draft if there wasn't a party, you know, the people who will be watching Grey's Anatomy on Thursday, are watching the draft on Saturday at a party when there's nothing else on.

So screw 'em. Put the draft back on Saturday or I'm not watching. I'll check out Bones or CSI or I'm sure there'll be an Astros game on or something. The internet will tell me who the Texans drafted. I don't need there little prime time show.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #35
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you think it would be appropriate to bring my kids to this? The wife has work on thursday night and can't leave the kids home alone. This sucks.
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #36
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I am now off on Friday! So when I get off thursday Im walking over to stadium and its party time! I will see everyone there.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I see alot wrong with a Weekday, 1st Round-only division of the Draft. But, anyone think of the real possibility of the Texans trading down out of the 1st round (likely the 1st pick moved to the 2nd Round)? After all the schedule alterations that most working people would have to make to attend (if they even can), you aren't likely just to say, "Oh well, I'll just be sticking around for the 2nd Round anyway.".................There won't be a 2nd round to wait for........until the next day...........not at Reliant with the fanfare that most of us have looked forward to, celebrating together the introduction of our top pick(s). Just my personal feeling on the subject.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #38
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I see alot wrong with a Weekday, 1st Round-only division of the Draft. But, anyone think of the real possibility of the Texans trading down out of the 1st round (likely the 1st pick moved to the 2nd Round)? After all the schedule alterations that most working people would have to make to attend (if they even can), you aren't likely just to say, "Oh well, I'll just be sticking around for the 2nd Round anyway.".................There won't be a 2nd round to wait for........until the next day...........not at Reliant with the fanfare that most of us have looked forward to, celebrating together the introduction of our top pick(s). Just my personal feeling on the subject.
Yeah, that could kind of suck. Then again, we could still celebrate the trade down. Most of the draft in the first round is about the anticipation anyway.

Also, it seems silly to me that Goodell's decision-making regarding the draft would be heavily affected by the impact on stadium-site draft parties. That seems like a fairly tiny segment of the fandom. Having said that, I'm driving down with Barrett from Austin. Of course, we've decided to make it a two-day party anyway. We'll be hanging out in Houston to watch rounds 2 and 3.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #39
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Do you think it would be appropriate to bring my kids to this? The wife has work on thursday night and can't leave the kids home alone. This sucks.
I think that by the time the Texans pick, if may be pass their bed time...If kids even have those anymore.

What do I know; I don't have kids...I am sure some parents don't care about appearances and will have their kids out all hours of night while they are drinking.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #40
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I am now off on Friday! So when I get off thursday Im walking over to stadium and its party time! I will see everyone there.
Awesome....What time is the tailgating....I just may take off on Friday too...lol
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read