Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-08-2010   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default O.J. Atogwe

There was some chatter last week about the possibility of going after him but didnt know if there was any merit to it. Does anyone know anymore on this?
Old 03-08-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O.J. Atogwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
There was some chatter last week about the possibility of going after him but didnt know if there was any merit to it. Does anyone know anymore on this?
I don't think there was any merit to it other than a poster stating that if we get Leigh Bodden we could go after Atogwe because he would come on the cheap and he's real good. Getting both of those guys would allow us to go into the draft not having to draft DBs until the later rounds.

I doubt we go after him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #3
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I don't think there was any merit to it other than a poster stating that if we get Leigh Bodden we could go after Atogwe because he would come on the cheap and he's real good. Getting both of those guys would allow us to go into the draft not having to draft DBs until the later rounds.

I doubt we go after him.
Thats too bad if we dont, that guy is a stud. If we can land Bodden AND Atogwe, we would definately be going in the right direction. I dont understand why we wouldnt go after him seeing how young he is. Going into his 7th season and his prime, this would be good my friend.
Old 03-08-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Thats too bad if we dont, that guy is a stud. If we can land Bodden AND Atogwe, we would definately be going in the right direction. I dont understand why we wouldnt go after him seeing how young he is. Going into his 7th season and his prime, this would be good my friend.

I believe he had a knee injury that put him on IR. It's plain to see though, that St. Louis' d went down hill fast when he was out.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's just fan wishes... much like some of us were wanting to trade for Peyton Hillis last year.

I'd be a big fan if we could get Bodden and Atogwe. That would put our DB's as Bodden, Quin, Reeves, Atogwe, Pollard and Wilson. I think that's a secondary we would be VERY comfortable with, even in the playoffs. Then, we have arguably the best LB corps with Cushing, Demeco and Diles. Add another penetrating DT to rotate and our 'D' looks downright scary.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

From ESPN Rumor page:

Quote:
Bears interested in Atogwe?
11:11AM ET
Oshiomogho Atogwe | Rams | Interested: Bears?, 49ers?

"I think safety is becoming such a prevalent position now," ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski told the Chicago Sun-Times in February. "You have to have someone who is a thumper back there, and [the Chicago Bears] don't have that right now."

One possibility is Oshiomogho Atogwe, who was tendered at the lowest level by the St. Louis Rams. Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune argues in favor of making a move for Atogwe in a column from this past weekend, but the Bears may have some competition from the 49ers.

If they don't land Atogwe, Ryan Clark could be an option; however, Clark is in Miami on Monday and could sign a deal with the Fins soon.
No mention of the Texans going after him. Atogwe was franchised last year, so I would imagine the Rams will match any deal that another team makes. The Rams just hope that someone low-balls him and they match for cheaper rather than paying him what he is really worth. It would be nice to see the Texans bring him in and add to their secondary, but I don't think he's on the radar right now.
Old 03-23-2010   #7
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting no one has made a move on this guy...the media believes the Rams will match if he gets an offer but for now they want to see his worth. Does anyone know how Eugene Wilson is doing? I bet it would make the Rams hella pissed if Atogwe would get offered a huge 1 yr deal, in this uncapped season. I wouldn't mind it if Wilson isn't expected to be 100% by training camp.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2010   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
Interesting no one has made a move on this guy...the media believes the Rams will match if he gets an offer but for now they want to see his worth. Does anyone know how Eugene Wilson is doing? I bet it would make the Rams hella pissed if Atogwe would get offered a huge 1 yr deal, in this uncapped season. I wouldn't mind it if Wilson isn't expected to be 100% by training camp.
There's no player who's worth anything that wants a huge 1 year deal. They all want YEARS on their contracts. They want long term security.

That's one reason why this uncapped year isn't shaping up to be the buying spree that a lot of fans expected.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #9
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There's no player who's worth anything that wants a huge 1 year deal. They all want YEARS on their contracts. They want long term security.

That's one reason why this uncapped year isn't shaping up to be the buying spree that a lot of fans expected.
I know and I posted this in another thread, but it still would be funny to have that happen to the Rams...also maybe an older guy looking at a shot to win the SB, but it makes little sense for us
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read