Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2010   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Kyle Wilson thread

I did a quick search and saw no thread dedicated to Kyle Wilson so I figured I'd start one. A lot of people have us taking him in mocks so I'll post what I know.

He played for Boise State, he did very well, and I can't find an official 40 time for him from the combine. He is smaller (>200lbs) but people love his hips . He takes gambles a lot and has closing speed to make breaks on balls.

Fill me in on the rest.
Old 03-05-2010   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Kyle Wilson thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I did a quick search and saw no thread dedicated to Kyle Wilson so I figured I'd start one. A lot of people have us taking him in mocks so I'll post what I know.

He played for Boise State, he did very well, and I can't find an official 40 time for him from the combine. He is smaller (>200lbs) but people love his hips . He takes gambles a lot and has closing speed to make breaks on balls.

Fill me in on the rest.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69316

Quote:
Round 1: Bose State CB Kyle Wilson 5'10" 190
Big upper body, cut & plays physical. Competitive, confident matches up with teams #1 WR in man coverage. Does has some expereince @ FS. Lions staff coached @ the Senior Bowl, would like the tandem of Lous Delmas, FS paired with Kyle Wilson, CB but not if the Texan can take him first. Reminds me alot of Dunta Robinson when he first came into the league, except he seems stronger with position & hands, will jump route, has great intincts & and ball awareness. Wilson is considered the best cover-corner in the Senior Class which also means he's seasoned & mature possilbly more prepared for the NFL than even the top Juniors. Still despite Bosie States lack of national exposure Kyle did make 2nd team All-American & helped his team defeat an excellent TCU team in Tostitos Fiesta Bowl 17-10 (forced fumble, sack & two break-ups, 3 tackles) For his Bronco career Kyle had 159 tackles, 11 Int's, 27 passing break-ups & 959 punt return yards. Texans priority need would be #1 CB going into next season if Dunta Robinson is not re-signed & walks away a free-agent. Luckily the Texans will have a resolution to this situation prior to the draft which is in April.
Dunta is now gone & resolves this issue. if Kyle is available @ #20 this is who the Texans should target. He did not run @ the combine after lifting (did 25 reps to led WR's two more than DT McCoy) did interviews & measurements the following day deceided not to run due to some hamstring tightness. His Pro-Day I beleive is March 28th, should be well attended.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69316

Dunta is now gone & resolves this issue. if Kyle is available @ #20 this is who the Texans should target. He did not run @ the combine after lifting (did 25 reps to led WR's two more than DT McCoy) did interviews & measurements the following day deceided not to run due to some hamstring tightness. His Pro-Day I beleive is March 28th, should be well attended.
How possible is it that he shoots up draft boards and overtakes Haden as #1CB?
Old 03-06-2010   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

How possible is it that we get our pick of Haden, Wilson, or Earl Thomas when the Goodell announces the Houston Texans are on the clock?

It's pants creaming time if we get one of those three in our secondary!!!
Old 03-06-2010   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
How possible is it that we get our pick of Haden, Wilson, or Earl Thomas when the Goodell announces the Houston Texans are on the clock?

It's pants creaming time if we get one of those three in our secondary!!!
I've had Haden as a lock to be a top 10 pick for awhile now... I wouldn't even hesitate to take him if he was available at 20. If Haden isn't available I would be happy with either Thomas or Wilson.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
How possible is it that he shoots up draft boards and overtakes Haden as #1CB?
Haden hurt himself with his poor 40 time. He needs a good pro-day.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #7
Gymrat2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 27 Gymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I've had Haden as a lock to be a top 10 pick for awhile now... I wouldn't even hesitate to take him if he was available at 20. If Haden isn't available I would be happy with either Thomas or Wilson.
Haden ran a pedastrian 40 time for CB's,it was something like a 4.56,might of been 4.61 i cant remember but if thats the case,the dude has dropped out of the 1st imo,that is too slow.
Gymrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2010   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat2005 View Post
Haden ran a pedastrian 40 time for CB's,it was something like a 4.56,might of been 4.61 i cant remember but if thats the case,the dude has dropped out of the 1st imo,that is too slow.
he hasn't dropped out of the first round. He's droped down some places but he is still going in the first. Dude is too talented to drop out of the first.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
he hasn't dropped out of the first round. He's droped down some places but he is still going in the first. Dude is too talented to drop out of the first.
He's got a lot of great game film to offset his bad combine performance.

The thing is... he didn't look prepared for the combine. His technique in the 40 was terrible. He didn't do the drills well. Everyone expected him to eat that stuff up. I think HE expected to eat that stuff up without having to work very hard.

So, the combine probably will be a wakeup call for him. He'll probably bust his ass getting ready for his pro-day like he should have busted his ass getting ready for the combine.

But if he has a bad pro-day... who knows what's going to happen.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #10
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Haden could run much faster if he improved his hip extensibility. He is a short strider. He should be able to run in the 4.4s

I was really impressed with Ghee. Big guy that is very athletic
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big fan of this guy, he's had a great career at BSU. Oh by coincidence I'm actually wearing my BSU T-Shirt this morning - it's a bright orange (not
burnt orange, not to worry UT).
BTW you guys were lucky you didn't have to play BSU in the BCS this year,
there's no shame in losing to 'Bama but there is to BSU, just ask the Sooners.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Wilson, but he did not look good here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7rbevTpsM
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

couple things, Ryan is a beast & is going to make some team very happy, maybe its the Texans? In fairness, Kyle came over to help in run support & nobody is going to arm tackle this guy with a head of steam.

you know what would be epic is if the Texans could trade up into the first for Ryan so the Texans could have both, why not?
Old 03-06-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
couple things, Ryan is a beast & is going to make some team very happy, maybe its the Texans? In fairness, Kyle came over to help in run support & nobody is going to arm tackle this guy with a head of steam.

you know what would be epic is if the Texans could trade up into the first for Ryan so the Texans could have both, why not?
That would be epic!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen a lot of Wilson, but in his bowl game this season he did not look very good at all. If I remember correctly he was thrown at 6 times, and allowed 4 receptions for 50+ yards. He also missed some big tackles.

Now I'm not going to go all Vinny and say the guy is Petey Faggins waiting to happen over one game, but it does raise a little red flag for me.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I haven't seen a lot of Wilson, but in his bowl game this season he did not look very good at all. If I remember correctly he was thrown at 6 times, and allowed 4 receptions for 50+ yards. He also missed some big tackles.

Now I'm not going to go all Vinny and say the guy is Petey Faggins waiting to happen over one game, but it does raise a little red flag for me.
I was working & only got to see parts of the game. It would seem he held his man (KERLEY) scoreless only 65 yards no big deal probably in prevent mode since TCU struggled to run the ball. Still had a sack plus two break-ups & three tackles plus solid in punt returns. The defensive standout no doubt would not be Kyle but Daryl Washington, love to add his talent @ WILL for Texans.
Old 03-06-2010   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5XJg54xkA

Here's a Youtube video from the game that shows pretty much every time he was around the ball.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 03-06-2010   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5XJg54xkA

Here's a Youtube video from the game that shows pretty much every time he was around the ball.
cool, check his pro day last May 4.37 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxpdHHWKLiE&NR=1 is Dunta on steriods
Old 03-07-2010   #19
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
cool, check his pro day last May 4.37 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxpdHHWKLiE&NR=1 is Dunta on steriods
It will be interesting to see how he stacks up when all the numbers are published.

Dunta Robinson combine performance
5'10 & 5/8ths
186 lbs
40: 4.34
20: 2.48
Bench: 15
Vertical: 36
Broad: 10'
Shuttle: 3.75
3-cone: 6.97

He certainly passes the eyeball test.

Old 03-09-2010   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

time to start twittering @thetexans DRAFT KYLE WILSON OR I'LL BECOME A COLTS FAN.

(not that I would EVER stoop that low...but do THEY know that?)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read