Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2010   #1
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Retread Running Backs for Texans per John McClain

Thank God! Perhaps we'll stop seeing every 30 year old running back's name associated with the Texans now.

LINK
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #2
Pocky
Rookie

Default Re: No Retread Running Backs for Texans per John McClain

Not so fast..

Quote:
I have inside sources close to the Texans FO that the Texans are INDEED interested in Chester Taylor and is going to pursuit him once FA starts tonight.

Posted by: dan
This dan fellow is saying he has sources saying they ARE going to pursue Chester Taylor. And of course McClain is saying the opposite.

Now it comes down to this, should we believe this unknown guy who claims to have sources within the Texans FO or should we believe beat writer, McClain?

My conclusion: They're both full of **** and don't have an effin' idea of what's going on within the Texans FO, nor what's Rick Smith gonna do in the FA.
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #3
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

There was another guy on the ht.com boards saying they also had interest in LT when McClain said they didnt.

Last edited by J_R; 03-04-2010 at 11:50 PM.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I suppose, technically, the guys who claim to have inside knowledge and McClain are all correct.

The Texans may want to offer Chester Taylor a contract, but it won't be nearly what he wants.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i have it on good authority that chester taylor will be a chicago bear tomorrow.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #6
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain is not the guy to trust on these things. He puts out what the FO wants him to put out.

Personally, I think that LT still has a lot left in the tank and would be great for our system. It'd be foolish to base these decisions on their experience with Ahman Green.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

So we will have a 1st rd rb. Ryan matthews is fine with me so long as they address cb in FA.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2010   #8
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, i would love the texans to get a FA running back just for the sheer fact we can rub in John's face that was wrong.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #9
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
Personally, i would love the texans to get a FA running back just for the sheer fact we can rub in John's face that was wrong.
Me too. Just to shut his fat, kielbasa disposal up.

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It might be wise for us to bring in a veteran RB at least. If we draft one our RB corps will consist of a bunch of babies who desperately need the mentorship of a vet. It might be a while, but I think we'll eventually bring in a vet. It might not be LT, TJ, CT, etc., but I think we get somebody.
Old 03-05-2010   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Not so fast..

This dan fellow is saying he has sources saying they ARE going to pursue Chester Taylor. And of course McClain is saying the opposite.

Now it comes down to this, should we believe this unknown guy who claims to have sources within the Texans FO or should we believe beat writer, McClain?

My conclusion: They're both full of **** and don't have an effin' idea of what's going on within the Texans FO, nor what's Rick Smith gonna do in the FA.
Id be lying if I said I wasnt interested in Chester Taylor. That guy has been good for a while but has never started so the mileage is low.

Last edited by 2slik4u; 03-05-2010 at 09:09 AM.
2slik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Texans will watch this first surge of free agency and then start bringing in players next week who can compete for jobs or back up.

From his rolling commentary/Twitter feed.

Is this ust me, but isn't every player that a team signs someone who could compete for jobs or back-up?
Old 03-05-2010   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It might be wise for us to bring in a veteran RB at least. If we draft one our RB corps will consist of a bunch of babies who desperately need the mentorship of a vet. It might be a while, but I think we'll eventually bring in a vet. It might not be LT, TJ, CT, etc., but I think we get somebody.
you would think so. its a pretty glaring weakness and there is a slew of guys that could come in and have a good shot at improving our team. i'm not sure the price would be that prohibitive either...it just may take some patience for the candidates to test the water and come back to us and accept possibly a more Texans-friendly deal than they originally asked for.

we might end up with a Willie Parker on a one year deal with possibly a team option in 2011 (the dead season). i don't think they are going to go after the top tier guys (taylor, jones, tomlinson). the team is operating as if there is a cap so don't expect much if anything at any position. after all, they just signed Matt Turk. Championship time.
Old 03-05-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
you would think so. its a pretty glaring weakness and there is a slew of guys that could come in and have a good shot at improving our team. i'm not sure the price would be that prohibitive either...it just may take some patience for the candidates to test the water and come back to us and accept possibly a more Texans-friendly deal than they originally asked for.

we might end up with a Willie Parker on a one year deal with possibly a team option in 2011 (the dead season). i don't think they are going to go after the top tier guys (taylor, jones, tomlinson). the team is operating as if there is a cap so don't expect much if anything at any position. after all, they just signed Matt Turk. Championship time.
Other than the normal free-spending teams, most of the league is acting as if there's still a cap. Do research, read about the league and you'll find the Texans are NOT the "cheap" team.

And yes, I do expect us to bring in a vet RB too. It'll be for a decent price too and rightfully so
Old 03-05-2010   #15
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I think Texans will watch this first surge of free agency and then start bringing in players next week who can compete for jobs or back up.

From his rolling commentary/Twitter feed.

Is this ust me, but isn't every player that a team signs someone who could compete for jobs or back-up?
Yes, but that's just John reporting at his best.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 229246 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
McClain is not the guy to trust on these things. He puts out what the FO wants him to put out.
I think it is exactly the opposite and since Capers/Casserly's departure McClain has been virtually locked out by the Texans. Very rarely anymore do you see or hear a line from him nowadays that "sources with the team told me" or anything similar and you heard that a lot in the Capers/Casserly era. You can tell in the interviews that Kubiak and Smith don't like McClain.
Old 03-05-2010   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have it on good athority that McClain couldn't find a way to get his head out of his own ass. That is all.
Old 03-05-2010   #18
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1002 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chester Taylor agrees to deal with Bears

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4967833
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw that the Raiders released Justin Fargas. Anyone for giving him a chance? I'm not real familiar with him, but he doesn't have a lot of miles on him.
Old 03-06-2010   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Just saw that the Raiders released Justin Fargas. Anyone for giving him a chance? I'm not real familiar with him, but he doesn't have a lot of miles on him.
Lots of injuries, too.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read