Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2010   #1
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chester Pitts,,,

left Reliant for the last time today,,,as of midnight tonight he is no longer a Houston Texan. He stopped by the shop this evening with his trunk full of "8 years of stuff",,,even though the FO has been telling him this whole time that they'd give him a deal,,,,,"we'll take care of you",,,,"we want you back",,,"we're not going to let you go",,,"we don't want you in another uniform" don't ya think that they'd at least make an effort to say some kind or reassuring words to him as he left the stadium today? Hell no,,,he told alot of the people that he would deal with day to day good bye but he said the "powers to be" had nothing to say to him or made no effort to tell him a simple "Thanks",,,

He's been cleared from his injury and will miss no time at camp. He's rehabbed harder and more dedicated than anyone that has been injured like this before and according to him "Tomorrow morning when I wake up,,,,I'll no longer be a Houston Texan",,,you know it has to be a pretty sinking feeling for him after being one of the faces of the franchise since its inception and a corner stone in the locker room.
Old 03-04-2010   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chester Pitts,,,

No Way! This is truly a sad day in Texans history.

For me anyways.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you Chester for all that you have done for this ball club, I wish you nothing but the best. Thank you for being a Texan. Truly a sad day.
Old 03-04-2010   #4
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

It was expected[that he was gone]. Good luck to CP where ever he ends up.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a feeling he was gonna be let go, but I was hoping it wouldn't happen. I just like him as a person, and his hard work he put in while he was with this team. Good luck to him wherever he lands up.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey ... we have Studdard .

On second thought , I blame Chester's Dad for not having played with Kubiak .
Old 03-04-2010   #7
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

An original player, sad to see him go.

Good Luck!
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2010   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance the Texans will still try to sign him, in free agency?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

that's to bad. But, there is still a chance they could bring him back. You never know what happens. I wish him luck, he's a good guy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of respect for not knowing how much was attempted, on the side of the Texans ownership and management, I will refrain from siding with Chester and thereby blasting the owner and Texans front office.

I will say this: Chester was probably one of the more valuable pieces of the franchise's past history. Out of all the guys on the team, he was able to hang on to the very end and be out there as a true contributor.

Offensive line has now been placed front and center, without a doubt, as maybe THE area of concentration for either free agency and/or the draft.

Will this impact the Kevin Walter situation? Rick Smith said he can't keep everybody. Well, now you lost a part of the offensive line. So if you go the route of free agency to replace Pitts, do you sacrifice Walter in order to use that money for Chester's replacement? Or does Smithiak promote a current player into Pitts' position and draft for depth behind the new starter?

Lots of maneuvering, IMO. I think we're going to have a very active free agency that'll keep things interesting from now until the draft. Just my gut feeling right now.
Old 03-04-2010   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Hey ... we have Studdard .

On second thought , I blame Chester's Dad for not having played with Kubiak .
If we want him back, we need to get photos of him in a Broncos jersey and then email those to Gary.

He'll be back in Houston, fo sho.
Old 03-04-2010   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those "jaw droppers" for me. I haven't really been following him much this offseason, but I never thought he'd be let go. I thought he was consistent and a solid piece in our O-line. I know we need to upgrade at a lot of positions for us to get to the next level, my only concern is a huge turnover where we openly cut or lose key free agents that are big contributors. I'm having flashbacks to years past where we lost some veteran players and took a HUGE step back. I'm hoping they have something great up their sleeve and we'll all look back and say "man, that was a great move!".

Regardless, good luck Chester.....you were a great ambassador for our franchise and had a contagious smile. Hope you land on your feet somewhere and are extremely successful wherever you go.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anyone will want to sign him to a contract until he can pass a physical. So he may be one of those people where it takes a while before he gets a contract.
Old 03-04-2010   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Its unfortunate if he didn't get a nice heartfelt goodbye from Texans staff. That's simply professional courtesy for a guy who has put it all on the line for your team and paid his dues without reaping the reward of playing for a winner his entire NFL career thus far.

But I can't blame them for not resigning a 30+ year old OL coming off of injury. It sucks for Chester but he has played his best years on what is (hopefully) Houston's worst teams.
Old 03-04-2010   #15
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If we want him back, we need to get photos of him in a Broncos jersey and then email those to Gary.

He'll be back in Houston, fo sho.
booom!!!! lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitts was my favourite Texan.
Old 03-04-2010   #17
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Luck Chester.

So there is only one original Texans left on the roster and that is Kris Brown, why I don't know.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #18
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Chester Pitts is a hard worker and probably the best offensive linemen we have ever had. Sad to see him go as I was hoping he would retire as a Texan.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The OP has solid cred, and I do not doubt one word of what he says. The contract situation is what it is, and the business of the NFL is tough sometimes. I don't hold that against them. However, there's a right way to treat people, even in departure, and it's becoming more evident all the time that the Texans FO is full of jackasses.

I'm starting to get really pissed off at the team.
Old 03-04-2010   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that's not true. Chester Pitts has been one of my favorites for years. He's probably the only guy besides Andre that played well on offense in 2005.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read