Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2005   #21
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

they dont have a deifnant QB, I dont see how Johnson came off such a good season with them 2 years ago and did absoultely horrible last year
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #22
MikeMc
All Pro

WBB, how is it that John Clayton "begs to differ"?? That is the site that I got the numbers from...so I assume he or I agree?

That order is in alphabetical order, not ranking. So I do not see what you are saying about JC.
Old 03-04-2005   #23
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default NFL Salary Cap Page

not sure if this been posted yet, but this page displays the amount each team is under the 2005 salary cap (courtesy of espn.com):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2004973
Old 03-04-2005   #24
MikeMc
All Pro

Yes it has, the above Link.
Old 03-04-2005   #25
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
WBB, how is it that John Clayton "begs to differ"?? That is the site that I got the numbers from...so I assume he or I agree?

That order is in alphabetical order, not ranking. So I do not see what you are saying about JC.
Mehhhhh, I read your original post wrong. I originally thought it said 2nd, tied with Cleveland...bah.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #26
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bucs arent really a bad team.. they are actually pretty good when they play to their potential. they are just undisciplined.

sorry.. bit off topic
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #27
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Howdy ya'll, been awhile.

Just curious, it is probably in another thread but this one was near the top, what is Carr's cap # this year? Thanks in advance.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2005   #28
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Howdy ya'll, been awhile.

Just curious, it is probably in another thread but this one was near the top, what is Carr's cap # this year? Thanks in advance.
I think it's around 7 million.
Old 03-07-2005   #29
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

can anyone tell me the cap numbers for some of our older players along with signing bonuses. i would like to know how much these players make but also how much they would cost us if we released them. the older players or the ones i am most interested in. although i would like to see all players if possible. i am most interested in g. walker, glenn, sharper, and the three older offensive line players.

i saw the link at the top but that does not give all the info that i want. i also need signing bonuses and to see the entire contract not just the next 2 years.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #30
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I think it's around 7 million.
Thanks, but I think it is 8.6 mil minimum. I believe his base salary this year is 5.5 mil and his SB is 3.1 mil. I just don't know if he is due any other bonuses (such as roster bonus) that would count against the cap. If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2005   #31
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
can anyone tell me the cap numbers for some of our older players along with signing bonuses. i would like to know how much these players make but also how much they would cost us if we released them. the older players or the ones i am most interested in. although i would like to see all players if possible. i am most interested in g. walker, glenn, sharper, and the three older offensive line players.

i saw the link at the top but that does not give all the info that i want. i also need signing bonuses and to see the entire contract not just the next 2 years.
Can't help you with SB or other bonuses, but base salaries can be found at www.NFLPA.org
Old 03-07-2005   #32
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

OK, I guess I overestimated the SB. 11 mill over 7 yrs is more like 1.6, so you were right with the 7.1. Now if anyone knows about any other bonuses I would love to hear it.
Old 03-13-2005   #33
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Why bring Banks back when Ragone is playing like a mad man in Europe? Plue if Carr goes out *knock on wood* might as well get a high draft pick!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005   #34
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
Why bring Banks back when Ragone is playing like a mad man in Europe?
When the sam hill did he do that?? They haven't even arrived in Europe yet or started league play. They are practicing in Florida and, yes, he seems to be doing well in practice.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #35
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
When the sam hill did he do that?? They haven't even arrived in Europe yet or started league play. They are practicing in Florida and, yes, he seems to be doing well in practice.

Thought maybe he was talking about Banks
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005   #36
mean mark8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
Why bring Banks back when Ragone is playing like a mad man in Europe? Plue if Carr goes out *knock on wood* might as well get a high draft pick!
I agree that I don't know that we needed Banks but I disagree with going for the high draft pick. I don't think the fan support will give the team another year of sub-500 play, especially if it's due to the offense.
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #37
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean mark8
I agree that I don't know that we needed Banks
Competition breeds excellence, so if Carr or more specifically Ragone feel threatened by him, they may play at a higher level because of his presence...
Old 03-31-2005   #38
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Profootball talk.com says we are $3.8 mil under the cap as of today. Is this correct? I am not really familiar with their site.

LINK
Old 03-31-2005   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Its a gossip site. It could be right but I wouldn't trust anything on that site.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005   #40
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default McKinney

If McKinney is really counting $3,850,000 towards the cap, he needs to be cut. He's not worth nearly that much money. The team can in all likelihood find a better center in the 3rd round of the draft for relative chump change. At that salary, McKinney is the fourth highest paid player on the team, now that Sharper is gone.

Unbelievable!
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read