Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2010   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan Restricted Free Agent Tenders

Have any been placed yet? I see that Denver has been busy and placed tenders on Dumerville and Marshall. Any word?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Texan Restricted Free Agent Tenders

They will start coming soon.

They are flying all over the place on PFT.com, I'm sure we'll see some movement from the Texans before later this evening.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully they are trying to work out some last minute long-term deals with a few of them before they use the tender.
Old 03-03-2010   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

It's too quiet right now on the Texans home front........
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #5
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

come on guys DO SOMETHING!
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #6
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

I have been refreshing pages and googling "Texans sign..." for hours now, WTF is going on? All this waiting in driving me crazy...Come on Free Agency Friday!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

If they tender Demeco, I'm gonna start to get impatient with this team. Pay him Rick!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2010   #8
Jottoz
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 767 Jottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respectedJottoz is a quality contributor and well respected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoworld
The Texans have opted against tendering S John Busing, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Busing made numerous spot starts last year, but was never going to excel in coverage at over 220 pounds with 4.6 wheels on hot coals. Houston may bring him back as a gunner, but Busing, ideally, will not see time on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain_on_NFL
Texans made seven qualifying offers today. As expected, Ryans and Daniels tendered the max at 1st- and 3rd-round picks and Pollard a first.

Texans fans don't have to worry about Ryans, Daniels and Pollard going anywhere because teams won't give up that compensation.

Now the Texans can work on long-term deals with Ryans, Daniels and Pollard as well as WR Kevin Walter, who'll be unrestricted.
Old 03-03-2010   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jottoz View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoworld
The Texans have opted against tendering S John Busing, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Busing made numerous spot starts last year, but was never going to excel in coverage at over 220 pounds with 4.6 wheels on hot coals. Houston may bring him back as a gunner, but Busing, ideally, will not see time on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain_on_NFL
Texans made seven qualifying offers today. As expected, Ryans and Daniels tendered the max at 1st- and 3rd-round picks and Pollard a first.

Texans fans don't have to worry about Ryans, Daniels and Pollard going anywhere because teams won't give up that compensation.

Now the Texans can work on long-term deals with Ryans, Daniels and Pollard as well as WR Kevin Walter, who'll be unrestricted.
Yes, please do.
Old 03-03-2010   #10
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yes, please do.
Thats my biggest concern too. If we don't lock him up soon, I think he may start to get pi$$ed. I cant blame him either.

As far as OD, I'm still waiting to see what he can do coming off the injury. If he does however come back to the OD we all know and love, lock him up.

Old 03-03-2010   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6895788.html

Quote:
The Texans made seven qualifying offers to players who will be restricted free agents on Thursday.

As expected, middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans and tight end Owen Daniels were tendered the maximum. That means if they receive qualifying offers and the Texans didn't match, they would get first- and third-round draft choices.

Strong safety Bernard Pollard was tendered at a first-round pick.

Offensive tackle Rashad Butler and running back Ryan Moats were tendered with a right of first refusal and their original draft pick. Butler (Carolina) and Moats (Philadelphia) were third-round picks.

The Texans have a right of first refusal on guard Chris White and defensive end Tim Bulman but will receive no compensation if they fail to match an offer the players receive.

Defensive tackle DelJuan Robinson signed a minimum tender Wednesday.
Old 03-03-2010   #12
False Start
On # 69

The Ravens are interested in Walter, I would hate to lose him.

Old 03-03-2010   #13
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

they better pay Meco. He has earned it. IK they are gonna pull some BS with Daniels b/c of his injury. Which I agree with, to an extent. They better not try and f him over and he gets a better offer. Our passing game went way down without OD.

Also I hope we sign Moats I really liked him and Foster last yr
Old 03-03-2010   #14
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
thursday??? to my clock its wednesday
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

......and the waiting game begins.....

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, I know it's still waaay early, but I guess I just feel the need to vent a little.

The first thing that came to mind last night when I saw D-Ryans received the max tender. Why can't this organization come to terms with it's star players?! I know I'm painting with a broad brush when I say that because the Texans really haven't had these issues very often.

Maybe it's the mad love I've got for D-Ryans? Possibly, I mean the dude's only the primary leader and captain of the defense...and team for that matter. He's an absolute beast on the field. He's earned a lucrative contract. I'm being somewhat sarcastic when I say this, but the guy should be writing his own pay checks if you ask me.

In the end, IMO if there's nothing done by the time their first team workout it's going to send a very bad message....if it hasn't aleady. I'm beginning to get pissed at the organization for not taking care of it's players.

/Rant/
Old 03-04-2010   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans aren't in an exclusive club when it comes to star players and contract negotiations. Brandon Marshall and Anquan Boldin have been chirping about pay and deals forever. There's always someone on every team that isn't happy about a deal and there are always players who end up franchise tagged because a deal couldn't be worked out. Every team has players that get tendered as Restricted Free Agents because a new deal isn't in place. It's a way to see what the market is saying about a player's value. It's part of the system and it probably won't change for a long, long time.
Old 03-04-2010   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
First off, I know it's still waaay early, but I guess I just feel the need to vent a little.

The first thing that came to mind last night when I saw D-Ryans received the max tender. Why can't this organization come to terms with it's star players?! I know I'm painting with a broad brush when I say that because the Texans really haven't had these issues very often.

Maybe it's the mad love I've got for D-Ryans? Possibly, I mean the dude's only the primary leader and captain of the defense...and team for that matter. He's an absolute beast on the field. He's earned a lucrative contract. I'm being somewhat sarcastic when I say this, but the guy should be writing his own pay checks if you ask me.

In the end, IMO if there's nothing done by the time their first team workout it's going to send a very bad message....if it hasn't aleady. I'm beginning to get pissed at the organization for not taking care of it's players.

/Rant/
The Texans can still sign him to a longterm contract, but it doesn't mean they will. Hopefully he will be getting a fat 5 year deal, or some other team will offer him one that they match.
Old 03-04-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The Texans can still sign him to a longterm contract, but it doesn't mean they will. Hopefully he will be getting a fat 5 year deal, or some other team will offer him one that they match.
Take note of the first sentence in my post. I realize it's way too early to get worried, but I needed to vent
Old 03-04-2010   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That's how they got David Andersen signed to a long term deal last year - matching the Bronco's offer to him (which would have only gotten a fifth or sixth round pick if they'd let him walk).

Team's have never been real high on giving up first and third round picks for anybody, and I think that attitude becomes even more pervasive this year. It's gonna be real hard to find a team willing to pay the bonus Demeco would be commanding if they could keep their first and third round picks, and pay rookie bonuses (remember, once you get past the top 10 picks or so, the bonuses aren't all that absurd). Interestingly, there is an argument made that the higher your first round pick is, the more you should be willing to give it up in order to sign a RFA.

I'd love to see it play out differently, but both Demeco and O.D. are in very similar positions to Dunta last year. The one-year deals they'd be getting are obviously far less than Dunta's franchise amount, but I don't see anybody ponying up what it would take to force the Texans to make a decision.

The main difference between now and a year ago is that Demeco and O.D. may not be able to go the one year route and test free agency next year, due to either a work stoppage, or a new CBA that keeps them restricted. The end result of this is that the Texans have some pretty good leverage on both guys, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them attempt to use it as much as they can.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read