Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-02-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default slaton to be ready by preseason?????????????

i no i just made a post about the chat but this caught my eye

how well will slaton do after surgery and when do you expect him to be back in a texans uniform Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:36 slatonisanbeast

12:36 John McClain: He's way into his rehab. Everything is on schedule the last time I checked. They want him ready in preseason, and there's no reason he shouldn't be.

so can he play during the regular season ????????????????????
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: slaton to be ready by preseason?????????????

Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Front Office: Great, take running backs off the list for the draft and free agency. Tell Chris Brown to strap on his helmet. Whew!!! We almost paid money for some good running backs.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

It seems like people are going to eventually long forget his fumbleitis he suffered this year. I don't see him being the same back that he was during his rookie year.
Old 03-02-2010   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Texans Front Office: Great, take running backs off the list for the draft and free agency. Tell Chris Brown to strap on his helmet. Whew!!! We almost paid money for some good running backs.
I hope that your being sarcastic here, it's impossible to tell in a thread. RB is still a high priority pick until Slaton can prove that he can play at a high level on the field.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I hope that your being sarcastic here, it's impossible to tell in a thread. RB is still a high priority pick until Slaton can prove that he can play at a high level on the field.
This right here. ^^^

We have to still add depth at the RB position, because Slaton didn't run as well last season and even if he were to return to his form from two seasons ago, you have to have depth in the NFL these days. RB's drop like flies. And why haven't we heard any news of Chris Brown being released yet?
Old 03-02-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This right here. ^^^

We have to still add depth at the RB position, because Slaton didn't run as well last season and even if he were to return to his form from two seasons ago, you have to have depth in the NFL these days. RB's drop like flies. And why haven't we heard any news of Chris Brown being released yet?
Because he is an UFA and does not have to be released.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If Slaton's performance returns to somewhere between his rookie year and last year, consider the Texans lucky. And yep, we still need to draft a RB high this April.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Because he is an UFA and does not have to be released.
Oh, well good. I just don't want to see him ever in a Texans uni again.
Old 03-02-2010   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I really really hope Slaton can come back to his 2008 form. Not because I want the Texans to draft X RB, I just really enjoyed watching him and he seems like a good guy all around from a couple interviews I watched.
Old 03-02-2010   #11
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Remember that TD he had in Cincy where he just out ran everybody? That was awesome, but it was also about one of the only highlights of the season for him. Get well soon Stevie boy, we need ya!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure glad that we got an reliable update from a reliable reporter from a reliable injury reporting organization. And so early, too. Thank G-d, I can rest much easier now.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'm sure glad that we got an reliable update from a reliable reporter from a reliable injury reporting organization. And so early, too. Thank G-d, I can rest much easier now.
That's the thing. This is the same organization that had us believe Dominik Davis was ok. The same one that convinced us Boseli would get back on the field. The same one that told us year in and year out that Bennie Joppru was ready to step up and make a difference.

I will believe it when i see Slaton lining up as tailback on the first offense play of the 2010 NFL season.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes I was being very sarcastic. That's why I put a ":" after the word Front Office. To give it a scripted look.

My point is that our front office typically sees info like that and so they start feeling they don't have to address a position anymore. Then they find themselves having to feed us lines of BS about how things would've been different if so an so didn't get hurt.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all that think our staff is hush-hush with injuries and other ongoings would really, really be upset if we had a group similar to Belichick & Co. I think Pats fans are lucky they even get a PC from that dude.
Old 03-03-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This ^^^^^. I have no faith when it comes to injury reports from or about the Texans.
Old 03-03-2010   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This ^^^^^. I have no faith when it comes to injury reports from or about the Texans.

Remember when Charles Spencer was rehabing his injury, working out daily with Dunta. Kubiak said that he was looking good, losing weight, and doing nicely, the Texans cut him 3 days later.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remember when Charles Spencer was rehabing his injury, working out daily with Dunta. Kubiak said that he was looking good, losing weight, and doing nicely, the Texans cut him 3 days later.
Yup! And the whole DD debacle.
Old 03-03-2010   #19
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 22797 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to sound jaded, but I'm already in the mindset that Slaton will not be a Texan. Neck surgery and football doesn't sound like a good combination to me.
MightyTExan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'm assuming that Slaton is gone. We've got to grab some players in both FA and the draft and improve the RB position so that it's better than we've ever had. If Slaton comes back and performs, great. If he doesn't, that's fine, too.

And I've got no problem with bad or wrong injury reports coming from the Texans. That's just part of the obfuscation of keeping your enemies from knowing your current situation.

My problem is if the Texans staff isn't up to assessing the health of our players and prescribing the proper rehab routines to get them back on the field. If the staff is doing all the right things and correctly dealing with our injured players but then disinforming people with forethought, I'm happy. If the staff is screwing up, then I'm not happy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read