Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-02-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John McClain in chat

i asked him these questions the chat is going on for another 30 min so go over there
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/

question 1

john
Tuesday March 2, 2010 11:58 John McClain

11:59 [Comment From slatonisanbeast slatonisanbeast : ]
hi would you trade slaton for picks Tuesday March 2, 2010 11:59 slatonisanbeast

11:59 John McClain: What would you give for a back with a fumble problem coming off back/neck surgery?

question 2

[Comment From slatonisanbeast slatonisanbeast : ]
should the texans let go of kevin walter Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:05 slatonisanbeast

12:05 John McClain: Not unless his demands are outrageous.

question 3

would the texans have a chance to get c.j spiller in the draft Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:09 slatonisanbeast

12:10 John McClain: He's supposed to be gone, and if he isn't, I don't know yet how he fits with their system. Scouts tell me Mathews fits perfectly with what they and the Redskins are doing

question 4

is there a corner in free agentcy that you like and has a chance of joining the texans Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:17 slatonisanbeast

12:17 John McClain: Not as a starter. A bunch of journeymen. Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:17 John McClain
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain in chat

I bet he stinks of polish sausage and filterless cigarettes.
Old 03-02-2010   #3
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

haha
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #4
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas style View Post
Oh my...what's going on with your avatar?
Old 03-02-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

HOU-TEX's random comment of the day: McClain's chats are the worst evaaarrr!
Old 03-02-2010   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas style View Post
Who's the talent in your Avatar? She seems smart.
Old 03-02-2010   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Those 4 questions will be used in another form over and over. He covers about 10 total questions in an hour. Those 10 are asked 20 different ways,
Old 03-02-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Those 4 questions will be used in another form over and over. He covers about 10 total questions in an hour. Those 10 are asked 20 different ways,
A Classic McClain:

(sample)
Quote:
Joe Bob: Who do you think the Texans have rated higher in the 1st round RB or CB?

McGobbler: Whoever they have rated higher.
WTF??!! The reader asked for his opinion and this is the type answer they get? The dude's a parrot, nothing more
Old 03-02-2010   #10
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
have you seen Anna-Megan's blogs and chats? If I could find a puke smiley, I'd use it...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #11
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 257 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahh, enlightening answers by McClain as usual. I'm sure Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson are all wrong for "our system" as well.
Old 03-02-2010   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

They said just awhile ago on SR610, that McClain's word on football news is "golden." ..........

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

slaton, props on getting 4 questions answered. I'd rather read one of your old posts with the bad spelling and grammar then some of his "thoughts"

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108546 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I really do think his chat sessions are getting progressively worse.

A couple of years ago, I actually found them informative. Nowdays, he doesn't give you any more information than what can be found in his articles, and at least the articles are absent of all the ridiculously ignorant chat questions.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
nah, he's not cool enough for lucky strikes or english ovals.. more likely virginia slims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
slaton, props on getting 4 questions answered. I'd rather read one of your old posts with the bad spelling and grammar then some of his "thoughts"
those posts were capital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
They said just awhile ago on SR610, that McClain's word on football news is "golden." ..........
don't listen to that twaddle. unless kalu's on the air.
Old 03-04-2010   #16
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

I just saw a bunch of "I don't know until maybe next week" and "They'll take who they think is best" and "Sausage, biscuits, sausage, gravy, nicotine..." answers...which really aren't answers at all.

I could have given out that "insider" info. IMO, Lance Zierlein is the best the Chronicle has to offer.
Old 03-04-2010   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I just saw a bunch of "I don't know until maybe next week" and "They'll take who they think is best" and "Sausage, biscuits, sausage, gravy, nicotine..." answers...which really aren't answers at all.

I could have given out that "insider" info. IMO, Lance Zierlein is the best the Chronicle has to offer.
And TexansTalk's own Texans Chick, of course.
Old 03-04-2010   #18
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Of course!
Old 03-04-2010   #19
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I really do think his chat sessions are getting progressively worse.

A couple of years ago, I actually found them informative. Nowdays, he doesn't give you any more information than what can be found in his articles, and at least the articles are absent of all the ridiculously ignorant chat questions.
Thats kinda why I am not as hard on the guy as most around here. I mean if I was sent all those hundreds upon hundreds of completely IDIOTIC questions over and over and over and over again, I am not so sure my answers wouldn't be as watered down and repetitive as his are by now as well.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep

Repped
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read