Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-02-2010   #1
Kal
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Kal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respectedKal is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Justin Bannan

Me personally, I see DT as a huge need for the Texans. Particularly a guy who is good against the run. I don't think Cody has been that guy or has it in him to be, so I looked at the free agent pool and while the top guys have all been franchised or resigned there's a guy who is a part of the Baltimore rotation who I think would be a reral good fit for Houston. Rotates in/ Starts on 1st and 2nd down plays, allowing the standard nickel package of Barwin/ Smith/ Okoye/ Williams.

I see Okoye flash talent and feel he could succeed with a better defender next to him. Haven't noticed his name pop up once, and considering the resigning of Robinson I wonder if the team feels comfortable with their DT options.

Anyways I wrote this for profootballfocus and I thought it would be interesting to get Texan fans opinions on this need and this player as a potential upgrade.

Quote:
The Texans could really do with a defender who can be disruptive in run defense, and that man could be Bannan. He isn't going to get after the quarterback a great deal, but he flourished in the Ravens' rotation by coming in and helping shut down the opposition's running game. As a two-down player, he could be the perfect upgrade inside and has shown an ability to handle more snaps if required (he saw the majority of plays at Cincinnati in Week 9 with no negative impact on his performance). Also, his 23 stops is a good figure for a defensive tackle, especially coupled with no missed tackles. The Texans have a tremendous trio of playmakers in Mario Williams, Brian Cushing and DeMeco Ryans and adding a guy like Bannan should help facilitate those guys making more plays.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/arti...es&arc=&id=120
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Justin Bannan

It is one of those things where the texans need better DL play and one the surface it seems like Bannan is better (how much though) than what they have. No reason for me to oppose, but no reason to be excited based on a limited knowledge of the player.
Old 03-02-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

As with all posts promoting a run stopping 2-down DT, till the franchise shows any interest in such a player, it is safe to assume it ain't going to happen.
Old 03-02-2010   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
As with all posts promoting a run stopping 2-down DT, till the franchise shows any interest in such a player, it is safe to assume it ain't going to happen.
Probably true, but hw is more in the build 6'3 305-310 ish that they seem to prefer.
Old 03-02-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Probably true, but hw is more in the build 6'3 305-310 ish that they seem to prefer.
Yeah, cause no one ever wins with big fat ****s at DT... It drives me nutts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read