Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-01-2010   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Official: Thomas Jones to be Released

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4957309

Quote:
NEW YORK -- The New York Jets will release running back Thomas Jones this week, allowing the leader of the NFL's top-ranked rushing offense to become a free agent.

General manager Mike Tannenbaum says Monday that the team told Jones it will cut ties with him when the league's free agency period begins Friday.

The 31-year-old Jones is coming off a season in which he set career highs with 1,402 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns while helping the Jets reach the AFC Championship Game.

Jones was due a $3 million roster bonus on top of a $2.8 million base salary this season. He and the Jets failed to reach a compromise on restructuring his contract.Jones was acquired from Chicago three years ago, and rushed for 3,833 yards and 28 touchdowns.
Old 03-01-2010   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official: Thomas Jones to be Released

I wouldn't mind having him here at all.

He's getting up there, but hasn't had any real injury problems. Probably has a few good years left. He's also produced at every stop he's been on.

This guy's a man's man.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I wouldn't mind having him here at all.

He's getting up there, but hasn't had any real injury problems. Probably has a few good years left. He's also produced at every stop he's been on.

This guy's a man's man.
He's been beaten up the last few years, but I'd much rather the Texans grab him than to go after LT if they're going to go that route. He might have a another really good year left in him before he starts breaking down. He's a work horse kind of guy that will not loaf at all. It is stilla bit risky to me though with his age and the amount of carries he got over the last two seasons. I don't think there will be a huge market for him though, so maybe he won't cost that much money.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he would be a good addition to bridge the gap at RB for a year. If Slaton is out for a long time then we will need someone to step in and contribute. If we don't draft Ryan Mathews then I would love to bring in Jones and have him share the load with Foster and a rookie if we draft one.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I would really like to add TJ if we are going to add a veteran RB. After the old lady flipped him off last year he may have a bad taste in his mouth though, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I would really like to add TJ if we are going to add a veteran RB. After the old lady flipped him off last year he may have a bad taste in his mouth though, lol.
Please don't call him TJ, TJ reminds me someone else(now in San Diego). Let's call him Thomas instead.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

No way we dont take a look at this guy.
Old 03-02-2010   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The ONLY FA RB that floats my boat would be Chester Taylor. Not particularly interested in him, but as a 30 year old back, he probably has the most tread left and is a solid blocker for pass protection. I would want him at a pretty low dollar and I doubt that will happen as he is very likely going to be the most sought after FA RB. No more that a 3 year deal for me and again, that's probably a big road block.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read