Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Montario Hardesty-Tennessee

Put me on his bandwagon. He looked very impressive at the combine and would be a very good fit here in my opinion. He's listed at 6 ft, 225, and that was after he added ten pounds before the combine. He ended up being one of the top 5 RBs in the 40, running a pretty solid 4.49, finished first in both the vertical jump and borad jump, and finished 3rd in the 20 yard shuttle, and displayed very nice feet.

He was projected before the combine to go in the 3rd round, but he's now on the rise and will likely go in the 2nd. I'd love to snag him there and he'd be reunited with Arian Foster again.

Thoughts?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ck-on-the-rise
Old 03-01-2010   #2
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: Montario Hardesty-Tennessee

On my list as well, wouldn't mind taking him. I can't remember though, was it him that couldn't stay on the field because of injury? I know there was a UT RB that showed some skills, but was always injured.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Todd McShay via ESPN Insider:

Quote:
A few of the bigger running backs exceeded expectations on Sunday. Chief among them was Tennessee's Montario Hardesty, who has bulked up to 225 pounds but still ran an official 4.49.

Hardesty is an NFL-style runner who plays with good leverage and gets behind his pads, and now he has some explosiveness to go with his tough running style. He also showed the ability to bring the ball in as a receiver. Hardesty's durability could keep him out of the first two rounds, but we think he's worth the risk in Round 3.
I'd take him in the 3rd if he is still on the board.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #4
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been on my list all season, shocked at how fast he ran, only makes him more desirable.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #5
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

As RB's that the Texans should look at I have him listed at #3.

1. Ryan Mathews (1st rd lock)
2. Ben Tate (Probably worked his way into 2nd rd consideration)
3. Montario Hardesty (Won't make it to the 4th rd)

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
As RB's that the Texans should look at I have him listed at #3.

1. Ryan Mathews (1st rd lock)
2. Ben Tate (Probably worked his way into 2nd rd consideration)
3. Montario Hardesty (Won't make it to the 4th rd)
I don't get the Tate & Hardesty love. Unlike Mathews, these guys' 40 times never showed on the field. Hardesty especially lacks power and instincts. Here's a guy who couldn't beat out Arian Foster in 3 years at Knoxville. But, he supposed to take Foster's job here in Houston? I don't see it.
Old 03-01-2010   #7
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't get the Tate & Hardesty love. Unlike Mathews, these guys' 40 times never showed on the field. Hardesty especially lacks power and instincts. Here's a guy who couldn't beat out Arian Foster in 3 years at Knoxville. But, he supposed to take Foster's job here in Houston? I don't see it.
I'll give you Hardesty, but Tate was a beast this year at Auburn.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2010   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Both RB's were good last year

Tate played with a horrible QB

Hardesty was stuck behind Foster which bothers me. But Kiffin put a load on him last year and he responded. He was the best RB in the SEC. IMHO (better than Ingram) His QB Cromptom was horrible too.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read