Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mock to keep the Texans on Austin TV

HuttoKarl

Veteran
So, KEYE has issues every season...do they play the Texans games (you know...the team ACTUALLY FROM TEXAS!!!!) or the Tennessee Vince Youngs. I tried to come up with a draft that actually helps our Texans' cause from a Texas television standpoint AND with picks that actually fit needs...no Colt McCoy...sorry Longhorn Honks (although initially I did have him as our 2nd rounder :fingergun:)

1. Earl Thomas CB/FS Texas - seriously fills a gap in our roster AND gives KEYE a Longhorn to hype up.

2. Perrish Cox CB OK State - not a Longhorn, but a Big XII guy who not only fills a Houston need, but could bring some OK State fans to the viewing audience.

3. Lamarr Houston DT Texas - The guy's name is HOUSTON. He can get at a passer and disrupt play. He's a Longhorn. KEYE would be stupid to show a Tacks game with Longhorn Houston on a Texans roster...unless the Tacks were facing our beloved Texans. This one is a no-brainer.

4. LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon - no Texas ties, but what good Texan wouldn't watch in hopes that someone talks noise to Blount and LaGarrette rings the fool's bell? Plus, he can run the ball pretty damn well.

5. Brandon Carter OG Texas Tech - another Big XII guy that would be a welcome addition in the middle of the line. Guns up! Austin Raider fans would love to see this mauler play on Sundays.

6. Eric Olsen C Notre Dame - We need a Center that isn't a Smurf.

6. Lonyae Miller RB Fresno State - With Ryan Matthews going in the first, early second, why not take the guy who runs the same offense and puts up pretty good numbers?

7. Hunter Lawrence PK Texas - KEYE's sporting director will have fainted from blood rushing from his head to his nether-regions when the Texans draft this Longhorn favorite clutch kicker. This pick would seal the deal and we'd never have to be subjected to a Meatballs over Texans game day debacle again.

It might take something more like this to get away from VY.

1 Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2 Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
3 JD Walton, C, Baylor
4 Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
5 Charles Scott, RB, LSU
6 Brian Jackson, CB, Oklahoma
6 Brandon Carter,OG, Texas Tech
7 Hunter Lawrence, PK, Texas

It might take something more like this to get away from VY.

1 Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2 Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
3 JD Walton, C, Baylor
4 Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
5 Charles Scott, RB, LSU
6 Brian Jackson, CB, Oklahoma
6 Brandon Carter,OG, Texas Tech
7 Hunter Lawrence, PK, Texas

I don't think my heart could stand the Schaub vs. Colt threads that would ensue.

So, KEYE has issues every season...do they play the Texans games (you know...the team ACTUALLY FROM TEXAS!!!!) or the Tennessee Vince Youngs. I tried to come up with a draft that actually helps our Texans' cause from a Texas television standpoint AND with picks that actually fit needs...no Colt McCoy...sorry Longhorn Honks (although initially I did have him as our 2nd rounder :fingergun:)

1. Earl Thomas CB/FS Texas - seriously fills a gap in our roster AND gives KEYE a Longhorn to hype up.

2. Perrish Cox CB OK State - not a Longhorn, but a Big XII guy who not only fills a Houston need, but could bring some OK State fans to the viewing audience.

3. Lamarr Houston DT Texas - The guy's name is HOUSTON. He can get at a passer and disrupt play. He's a Longhorn. KEYE would be stupid to show a Tacks game with Longhorn Houston on a Texans roster...unless the Tacks were facing our beloved Texans. This one is a no-brainer.

4. LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon - no Texas ties, but what good Texan wouldn't watch in hopes that someone talks noise to Blount and LaGarrette rings the fool's bell? Plus, he can run the ball pretty damn well.

5. Brandon Carter OG Texas Tech - another Big XII guy that would be a welcome addition in the middle of the line. Guns up! Austin Raider fans would love to see this mauler play on Sundays.

6. Eric Olsen C Notre Dame - We need a Center that isn't a Smurf.

6. Lonyae Miller RB Fresno State - With Ryan Matthews going in the first, early second, why not take the guy who runs the same offense and puts up pretty good numbers?

7. Hunter Lawrence PK Texas - KEYE's sporting director will have fainted from blood rushing from his head to his nether-regions when the Texans draft this Longhorn favorite clutch kicker. This pick would seal the deal and we'd never have to be subjected to a Meatballs over Texans game day debacle again.

Really like this mock

The only thing is Carter and Olsen dont really fit the ZBS system.

They should think about trying to trade a 5th and a 6th or a future pick to move up into the 3/4th rd and take Petrus or Newhouse.

It probably wouldn't take more than a 2011 3rd and a 2011 5th & 6th in 2010 to move up to the 3rd rd in 2010.

Really like this mock

The only thing is Carter and Olsen dont really fit the ZBS system.

They should think about trying to trade a 5th and a 6th or a future pick to move up into the 3/4th rd and take Petrus or Newhouse.

It probably wouldn't take more than a 2011 3rd and a 2011 5th & 6th in 2010 to move up to the 3rd rd in 2010.

I guess after the pathetic rushing offense of 2009, I'm ready to dump the zone for a more road-grader-ish sort of offensive line.

I guess after the pathetic rushing offense of 2009, I'm ready to dump the zone for a more road-grader-ish sort of offensive line.

You and me both - Football isnt a finesse game. Knock the snot out of the guy across from you and control the LOS.

You and me both - Football isnt a finesse game. Knock the snot out of the guy across from you and control the LOS.

Especially on the one yard line...if you need a yard, you don't want to have to finesse for it. You want to pummel someone across the line from you.

Back