Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-28-2010   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Please let me know

If you google 77007 rblok the blue magazine will come up. You can turn the pages on line. Go to page 60 and you will see All proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation.
Old 02-28-2010   #22
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry to hear about this Gary. I hope everything gets set right. Since they did not indicate "Net proceeds" all monies obtained should have gone to the foundation. (I'm no lawyer, so take my advice for what it is)

Also - I scannned the magazine page. Click on the thumbnail to view the larger size:

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #23
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
News for everyone,in the Rblok magazine it says ALL proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation and that is what they told Bubba's. It's in writting and the manager of Bubba's will tell you that's what they told her. ALL

Well they're Facebook person must of messed up or got it wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=rb....2916583110..1

RBLOK Neartown 2/20/10 - Rblok Chiili Cook Off/Business Expo at Bubbas Sports Bar & Grill A Chili Cook-Off and business expo will be held this Saturday, February 20, 2010 at Bubbas Sports Bar and Grill located at 6225 Washington Ave, Houston TX, 77007. A portion of the proceeds will benefiting the Gary J. Lynn Foundation
February 16 at 12:53pm

They got theirs I guess.
Old 02-28-2010   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

They went back and put it on. That was not on before. The magazine was first. If we post the things my aunt found he won't have a magazine left anyway. Too bad.
Old 03-01-2010   #25
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Well let us know what happens and if we all need to get together we can all show up and crash there next event and every event after that until they give you your money!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #26
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

You may wanna hit BBBHOU.org too and send in a complaint.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Please let me know

Not to be all lawyer - but it matters what the contract says and not what ads say.

Someone's lawyer needs to review the contract signed with RBlock for the event

As far as is it legal for them to take the proceeds of a raffle - not a clue (not my line of work).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2010   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Please let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If you google 77007 rblok the blue magazine will come up. You can turn the pages on line. Go to page 60 and you will see All proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation.
I can't find it - can you post a link? I'll do some quick digging on who they are, who owns them, and if they have any complaints floating out there. (just got a LOT of H&R Block, lol)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #29
gary
Hall of Fame

We basically resolved some things. My mom explained how things need to be done so no one questions anything. At this point it is hard to say what was taken in. We didn't want to seem ungrateful because we are always grateful but things will get taken care of. Yankee, only 501 c3 organizations can do raffles.
Old 03-02-2010   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I can't find it - can you post a link? I'll do some quick digging on who they are, who owns them, and if they have any complaints floating out there. (just got a LOT of H&R Block, lol)
Already found quite a few things on him.
Old 03-03-2010   #31
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, crazy. Anyway to just do it yourself instead of doing RBLOK?
Old 03-04-2010   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

We are. Bubba's said they want us to do it there again next year. The GM called mom and said their people had a great time and they will help put it together. They won't do anything with Rblok.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read