Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-28-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Please let me know

To those who were at The Gary J. Lynn Chili Cook Off please let me know if you bought raffle tickets and how many. If you know someone who bought tickets please find out how many they bought and let me know.
Thank you
Old 02-28-2010   #2
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please let me know

My family bought abou 5 tickets if I remember correctly
Old 02-28-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

They walked off with the raffle money and that is illegal. Only 501 c3 can do raffles. We have asked for an account of the raffles and they don't respond If we don't get an answer by tomorrow we are calling the attorney for the foundation and the tv stations. I will let everyone know. They also used their own charge so if anyone put anything on their charge let me know.(We didn't know they had a charge)so no accounting. The GM of Bubba's is fuming mad because they told her we were getting all proceeds and that is what they put in their Rblok magazine. Bubba's won't do anything with them anymore.
Old 02-28-2010   #4
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

wow that sucks makes me wana punch out some 1
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

My mom's from New York. Do you know when you start with a person from New York what will end up happening?
Old 02-28-2010   #6
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude Gary let me know if i can be of any assitance. Was it Rblok that walked off with the money and if so call police immediately
Old 02-28-2010   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Dude Gary let me know if i can be of any assitance. Was it Rblok that walked off with the money and if so call police immediately
The Rblock it is.
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2010   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

A Message to RBLOK, You had better return the money you took from the Gary J Lynn Foundation and do it quickly. We here in Houston Texas do not take it lightly when we have to back up a 17 year old CP victim after he was taken advantage of. And for your information it was not the RBLOK cookoff it was the 2nd annual Gary J Lynn Chili Cookoff

just posted this on face book
Old 02-28-2010   #9
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we should all visit their next event????
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #10
JT
Justin Tripper

Rep Power: 63 JT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respected

I think before y'all start with the "i'm from New York" and "some Texas butt whooping" threats, that someone with a clear head read up on some fine print if there is any and/or contact the Attorney General's office and investigate this group.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

We just use expressions on this board. They are not to be taken literally. If you have been on this board long enough you should know that. People on TT stick together, most of the time.
Old 02-28-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Maybe we should all visit their next event????
Showed this to mom. She is going.
Old 02-28-2010   #13
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
I think before y'all start with the "i'm from New York" and "some Texas butt whooping" threats, that someone with a clear head read up on some fine print if there is any and/or contact the Attorney General's office and investigate this group.
There's a peckerhead in every crowd isn't there?

Not the "Rippin' off a kid in a wheelchair is pretty sorry" but read the contract....lol

I thought only one entity in this state that could hold a for profit lottery was the Texas Lottery Commission. Since you believe thats not so, please enlighten us all Mr Lawyerman.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Not the "Rippin' off a kid in a wheelchair is pretty sorry" but read the contract....lol

I thought only one entity in this state that could hold a for profit lottery was the Texas Lottery Commission. Since you believe thats not so, please enlighten us all Mr Lawyerman.
Repped.
Old 02-28-2010   #15
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

What is RBLOK?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
What is RBLOK?
They do business mags.
Old 02-28-2010   #17
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow, I can see both of sides of the point, of course yeah if they took funds (allegedly) then definitely get the law on them since yeah that's shady to do that and take advantage of a good cause, but I looked at their FB site too and they have "a portion of the proceeds" would be given, so someone is not holding up their end of the deal. Nevertheless I see, JT's point too (for once) and yeah call or contact someone who can investigate this because if they did this to this foundation, who else could they be doing this too as well. (allegedly)
Old 02-28-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Wow, I can see both of sides of the point, of course yeah if they took funds (allegedly) then definitely get the law on them since yeah that's shady to do that and take advantage of a good cause, but I looked at their FB site too and they have "a portion of the proceeds" would be given, so someone is not holding up their end of the deal. Nevertheless I see, JT's point too (for once) and yeah call or contact someone who can investigate this because if they did this to this foundation, who else could they be doing this too as well. (allegedly)
News for everyone,in the Rblok magazine it says ALL proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation and that is what they told Bubba's. It's in writting and the manager of Bubba's will tell you that's what they told her. ALL
Old 02-28-2010   #19
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

This from their website....

RBLOK
Chili Cook Off
February 20, 2010

Bubbas Sports Bar & Grill 11am-3pm
Proceeds benefiting
Gary J. Lynn Foundation
Old 02-28-2010   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

In their 77007 magazine the add says All proceeds benefit The GJL Foundation. If anyone took the magazine it is on page 60. The website says proceeds the magazine says All. This is in case someone says proceeds does not mean everything. All does.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read