Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2010   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans reach contract agreement with DelJuan Robinson

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Housto...examiner-email

Quote:
The Texans have agreed to a contract extension with defensive tackle DelJuan Robinson, according to the team's official website.

Terms of the deal are not currently available.

Robinson flashed in 2008 but you didn't hear his name as much last season, in part due to knee and calf injuries.

Robinson (6-3, 320) will turn 26 in July and was an exclusive rights free agent, meaning he had an expiring contract and less than three accrued seasons..

He has appeared in 27 games with three starts for the Texans over the past two seasons, primarily in a backup role to Amobi Okoye.
seems like a good sign
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #2
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans reach contract agreement with DelJuan Robinson

I'd rather see them work on getting Demeco, Pollard, and OD signed to some extensions. The FO is going to get a rep amongst good players as being cheap with their own while they are willing to throw money after garbage like Ahman Green.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'd rather see them work on getting Demeco, Pollard, and OD signed to some extensions. The FO is going to get a rep amongst good players as being cheap with their own while they are willing to throw money after garbage like Ahman Green.
His contract is likely an easier and lesser one which will have no true impact on the other signings.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's Dalemurphy, he was always shouting some man love for this guy, I would have thought he would be on with a big WOOHOO!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess whoever it was on here claiming to have "inside sources" saying that DelJuan didn't want to re-sign with the Texans was misled.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a good signing just because of what it does for us at DT. He didn't see the field alot even though he has been the only one I've seen make plays on a more consistent basis from the DT position. Perhaps this drops DT on our priority list for FA/Draft by a round.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Changes nothng unless they made the unusual move gave him a multi-contract. The single year, minimuim dollar agreements are near formalites unless the team does not want player refusing to offer a tender.
Old 02-26-2010   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

YIPPEE!

This is the best news of the off-season, so far! Now, if the next report is that the Texans have cut Kasey Studdard, I'm going to do a backflip!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
His contract is likely an easier and lesser one which will have no true impact on the other signings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Changes nothng unless they made the unusual move gave him a multi-contract. The single year, minimuim dollar agreements are near formalites unless the team does not want player refusing to offer a tender.
These contracts are a lot easier than those in the bucket of a Daniels/Demeco. I really hope its a longer term contract too. I think he's a young player that's only going to be getting better and better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Where's Dalemurphy, he was always shouting some man love for this guy, I would have thought he would be on with a big WOOHOO!
Dale is right on! I think Deljuan is one of the most underrated players on this team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I guess whoever it was on here claiming to have "inside sources" saying that DelJuan didn't want to re-sign with the Texans was misled.
It was never that he didn't want to re-sign, from what I can tell he loves being here. It was more of whether the FO would show him the respect that he's a wanted and needed person on this team. If they didn't show that, why not go live in an awesome city like san diego or something at the ripe old age of 25 making just as much if not more! Hopefully its a multi year deal that shows we really want him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
This is a good signing just because of what it does for us at DT. He didn't see the field alot even though he has been the only one I've seen make plays on a more consistent basis from the DT position. Perhaps this drops DT on our priority list for FA/Draft by a round.
I thought thought locking him up would be a needed/smart thing to do. We're lacking in depth in the 1st place and here's a guy that can potentially start for you. He's shown the work ethic, the heart, the commitment, he's performed. Those are the guys we gotta keep. He also fits the bill as one of the heavy guys.... Okam doesn't look near as good. I could see our depth at DT really getting weak with expiring contracts, DR is one step in the right direction. I think we still NEED to address the position, but like you said, maybe we look at it in the 2nd/3rd/etc instead of 1st! I don't think it will have too big of effect though b/c if they see a DT they think is a stud, I think they'll snag him up.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

And the FO's track record continues to mimic what I'm seeing on tape! We have locked up our best DT!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Check out John McClain's twitter from the Combine in the chron.com sport section. On one of the messages he said he just talked to Smith and he had met with OD's, Pollard's, and Walter's agents and was going to meet with DeMeco's agent tonight. That was at 11:55 this morning.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Consider me part of the crowd that questions Deljuan

How come he can't get on the field? Seems theres always something with him... and you can't blame the coaching, if he was showing them something he'd be out there
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Consider me part of the crowd that questions Deljuan

How come he can't get on the field? Seems theres always something with him... and you can't blame the coaching, if he was showing them something he'd be out there
He was injured most of last year, or so we're told.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I know that it is easier with far less haggling. I'm just getting worried that we haven't signed those guys. I realize they are RFAs most likely and we have a week to tender them, but I'd still like to see a long term deal get done. Making Demeco play another year on a 1 year contract is not going to make him want to stay long term.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know that it is easier with far less haggling. I'm just getting worried that we haven't signed those guys. I realize they are RFAs most likely and we have a week to tender them, but I'd still like to see a long term deal get done. Making Demeco play another year on a 1 year contract is not going to make him want to stay long term.
Definitely, no argument there.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And they should have that rep.
I'm not sure if it is still the case, but when Kris Brown signed his deal before last season, the Texans were paying him the highest salary for a kicker.

Winston's deal was a pretty good one at the time, as I recall.

Of course, neither of those deals got a ton of news to change team's reps or whatever.

I think that it would be helpful if there were good vets in the locker room to keep these players who were working on contracts in line. Sometimes agents tell players stupid stuff, and it is handy for them to have vets in the room to tell the players that their agents are full of shit. DR was the vet on the defense--nobody was going to tell him what was what because they had no good defensive vets.
Old 02-27-2010   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm not sure if it is still the case, but when Kris Brown signed his deal before last season, the Texans were paying him the highest salary for a kicker.

Winston's deal was a pretty good one at the time, as I recall.

Of course, neither of those deals got a ton of news to change team's reps or whatever.

I think that it would be helpful if there were good vets in the locker room to keep these players who were working on contracts in line. Sometimes agents tell players stupid stuff, and it is handy for them to have vets in the room to tell the players that their agents are full of shit. DR was the vet on the defense--nobody was going to tell him what was what because they had no good defensive vets.
hence my next favorite ex-Texans cb Aaron Glenn
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He was injured most of last year, or so we're told.
Yeah, I don't believe a damn thing this team says about player injuries.

They have lost me on the issue of trust. Which that's fine, that's their choice of how they project injuries to the media, to fans, and to opponents.

But I wonder, down in my "McNair is a nice guy" heart, if DelJuan was a casualty of niceness towards Amobi Okoye and/or Antonio Smith. The team doesn't want to insult those two guys by playing DelJuan more snaps than Amobi/Antonio. At least that's the skeptic in me, due to the Texans' past with roster decisions and injury truthfulness.

If he was hurt so badly that he couldn't perform the rest of the year, then why is he getting such a fast contract and OD isn't? Maybe it's due to the dollar difference. I dunno.

I just don't approach the Texans' front office decisions with the level of innocence that I used to when I was but a youngster 8 years ago.

I did say that I felt Robinson and Bulman would be our x-factor in 2009, but that prediction didn't come true. Thank God for Cushing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read