Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-24-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default The "I Hate The Offseason" Thread

So I just tortured myself and watched my DVR recording of the MNF game against the Tacks.

The draft can't keep me distracted as much anymore since we are a better team and our draft picks aren't quite as crucial as they used to be, although still important.

The offseason sucks.
Old 02-24-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "I Hate The Offseason" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
So I just tortured myself and watched my DVR recording of the MNF game against the Tacks.
Why would you do that to yourself? That's about the equivalent of punching yourself in the junk.
Old 02-24-2010   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why would you do that to yourself? That's about the equivalent of punching yourself in the junk.
It was the only game i DVR'd this year for some reason. I needed a football fix, however bad it may be.
Old 02-24-2010   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was the only game i DVR'd this year for some reason. I needed a football fix, however bad it may be.
I have every game DVR'd in HD. I just don't know how to save them or anything. I don't have the time to watch them all either.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got every game DVR'd in HD except for the Jets game. Which I deleted.

Last night, I watched the FIRST Titans game. Wow. That was a wild game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No doubt! I'd rather shave my head with cheese grater than watch that game again.

Off-season blows. I try not to think about it.
Old 02-24-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No doubt! I'd rather shave my head with cheese grater than watch that game again.

Off-season blows. I try not to think about it.
Owwiieee!

I concur, the off-season does....in fact....suck
Old 02-24-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather wipe my ass with this:

Old 02-25-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the MNF Titans game is a good way to show you exactly why Dunta is no longer with our team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The draft can't keep me distracted as much anymore since we are a better team and our draft picks aren't quite as crucial as they used to be, although still important.

The offseason sucks.
I actually tend to think the other way around right now. Forgive my hopefulness but can you imagine drafting another player as "important" as #56 this time? WOW!

With so few holes you may find that an impact player in round 1 could have a bigger effect over all as opposed to before when 1 guy wasn't going to fix the train wreck.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I actually tend to think the other way around right now. Forgive my hopefulness but can you imagine drafting another player as "important" as #56 this time? WOW!

With so few holes you may find that an impact player in round 1 could have a bigger effect over all as opposed to before when 1 guy wasn't going to fix the train wreck.
That makes sense, but I just can't put enough emphasis to all the pre-draft hype anymore, so i need something else to keep me busy from the two months between the end of the season and the draft.
Old 02-25-2010   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Have you tried drinking heavily?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Yes, but i'm not doing it legally at the moment.
Old 02-25-2010   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've realized that I drink less on sundays but alot more during the week...

Are we there yet... Are we there yet.... Are we there yet?...
Old 02-25-2010   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only game on DVR I have is the New England NFLN Replay game. I should have kept more, but that opening drive sure was nice to see again. I believe that the NFL site has games you can download from last season. I'm sure I'll be checking that out after a while. I'll probably even be watching some of those AFL1 games on NFLN. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 61846 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The only game on DVR I have is the New England NFLN Replay game. I should have kept more, but that opening drive sure was nice to see again. I believe that the NFL site has games you can download from last season. I'm sure I'll be checking that out after a while. I'll probably even be watching some of those AFL1 games on NFLN. LOL
I watched that one along with the Tits away, "the catch" game today.....

Come on baseball season.....hurry up and get here!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I have four. titans I, San Fransisco, Miami and the paddies.

I hate....the fact that the NFLn didn't cover the offensive line man weigh ins. Or their media interviews. My next little project is transferring and organizing the list of the players to their groups and identifying numbers. How someone could have a gravy train job like taking care of the NFL's info page and suck so badly at it and retain their job, is beyond me. Bunch of worthless genderless ... .well you get the picture. They didn't changer the content of the combine splash page until yesterday. Pretty weak.

So anyone know the sixty players who we're officially interviewing this week ?
And why in the world is it such a big secret. Going to leak anyway.
Old 03-29-2010   #18
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans RB Arian Foster has changed his number from 37 to 23, the number formerly worn by CB Dunta Robinson per Nick Scurfield on Twitter.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #19
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

offseason = khari watches da spurs season!
Old 03-29-2010   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Texans RB Arian Foster has changed his number from 37 to 23, the number formerly worn by CB Dunta Robinson per Nick Scurfield on Twitter.
He should've stayed with 37....it was nice seeing that # in the backfield again.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read