Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2005   #161
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Please Jamie, stay one more year!!! We need you!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, I believe that we need him.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #162
Gilly
Rookie

as much as I have lobbied for a true #2 WR, I would hate to give up Sharpier for it. Warrick is good when he is healthy but as of late that is far and inbetween.

I dont like it, not one bit.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #163
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think trading Sharper would be a huge mistake. The kind that comes up to bite you eventually.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #164
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sharper won't sign an extension, what choice do the Texans have but to trade or release him? He'll be gone after the '05 season, anyway. For the future of the team, don't you think it's in everyones best interests to find a replacement (like Greenwood) and move on?
Old 03-05-2005   #165
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I think its a "regardless what u do" thing with Sharper next season. If he stays, and he has a productive year, I think he would still be let go...just my .....wouldn't u guys agree?
Old 03-05-2005   #166
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I think its a "regardless what u do" thing with Sharper next season. If he stays, and he has a productive year, I think he would still be let go...just my .....wouldn't u guys agree?
Yeah i do the guys 30 yrs old and he's not going to get any better as time goes buy im looking ahead for the future.
Old 03-05-2005   #167
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Leadership? What kind of a leader begs to be led?

Quote:
"I was done with losing that first season," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "No more positives. You have to produce. Somebody has to show us the way. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but who's going to direct us there? We need somebody to direct us to wins instead of close games."

This quote was obviously a part of ongoing conversation. He easily could have been talking about himself and the need to make more big plays. When he says "you have to produce" he isn't talking about a coach. Just a thought.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2005   #168
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
If Sharper won't sign an extension, what choice do the Texans have but to trade or release him? He'll be gone after the '05 season, anyway. For the future of the team, don't you think it's in everyones best interests to find a replacement (like Greenwood) and move on?
JS arguably has been the Texans best D player in the teams brief history.
He's also been one of its most highly compensted - he was paid and paid
very well for his time and efforts and performance. If Jamies performace is on the decline and accordingly the team expects him to make a financial accomadation and he's unwilling to do so, well...this NFL thing is first and most of all a business.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #169
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I just saw this on KFFL.

Quote:
Browns | Faine Could be Traded - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 05:50:54 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cleveland Browns may place C Jeff Faine on the trading block.
What do you think about trading Sharper or Foreman for him?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #170
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
I just saw this on KFFL.

What do you think about trading Sharper or Foreman for him?
Interesting. I don't think we'd be able to trade Foreman for him, but Faine would be a nice pickup. There are lots of good young C in the draft, but Faine might be able to start immediately.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #171
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I just read a thread on the Browns message board about Faine .... they seem only too happy to be rid of him ....
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #172
texman8
Veteran

Just thinking. Some posters were speculating about DJ playing outside LB. What is Dwight Freeney's size? ( sorry,I'm lazy.) Besides,if we can do this trade,we have the option of choosing DJ, Braylon Edwards, or any of the RBs, Benson, Brown or Williams.

Last edited by texman8; 03-06-2005 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #173
rosse
waterboy

Default Sharper

I for one think if Jaime Sharper is not happy in Houston then get rid of him. The only he won a ring was because of Ray Lewis. I never really liked him from the start. Yes he has been productive for us over the past three years but if we can get another running back instead of reciever that would crucial!!! I am thinking Edgerrin James for Sharper and draft pick. Domanick Davis needs some help in the back field
rosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #174
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Gal 312

Quote:
"I was done with losing that first season," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "No more positives. You have to produce. Somebody has to show us the way. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but who's going to direct us there? We need somebody to direct us to wins instead of close games."

This quote was obviously a part of ongoing conversation. He easily could have been talking about himself and the need to make more big plays. When he says "you have to produce" he isn't talking about a coach. Just a thought.

Same thing my husband said. Could be he was talking of himself...you know the media NEVER misconstrues what the high profile say....
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #175
H-townTexan
Rookie

Default Man thaz true

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
To Foreman adios, but why Sharper???????????????? Are they trying to make cap room or go at the ILB spot from scratch? Maybe go after DJ in the draft?
They talkin bout Sharper cost to much look at Foreman he is to expensive,,,,,,,,,Jamie Sharper is our only playoff berth
H-townTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #176
H-townTexan
Rookie

Default A Trade?????????????????

Listen want to get cap room why not trade David carr he is too expensive and he throws an interception every snap thatz emberresing
Old 03-06-2005   #177
H-townTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Fox 26 just reported that after the Texans signed Greenwood, they told Sharper and Foreman they could go ahead and seek trades...

I think Greenwood will be a decent ILB, definitely better than Foreman, but nowhere near Sharper's level...

Discuss...
You true homeboy but foreman isnt that good and their paying him almost as much as Sharper but why do they get rid of Sharper he is an ICON around H-town and thiz just blew me up
Old 03-06-2005   #178
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

.... where to begin?

Sharper doesnt want to be here
Sharper is more expensive than foreman by a long shot
Sharper is 30 years old
Sharper has been unwilling to restructure
Sharper would not have been resigned next season
Sharper is not an icon around houston, or if he is, Carr is a much bigger one
Sharper getting traded now, means we get value for him.. as opposed to watching him leave and getting nothing next year

Carr is very accurate
Carr's cap hit is large this year but that is because his contract was majorly back loaded
Carr is the leader of our offense
Carr is young and has huge upside
Carr loves the town and the team and does not want to go anywhere
Carr's interceptions have mostly come at times when he was trying to make something happen when we were losing a game

Sharper is our only playoff berth? you mean he is the only guy we have who has made it to the playoffs? no he isnt. you mean he is the guy who is going to get us to the playoffs? how? he has been consistent every year and he hasnt carried us to the playoffs.. he keeps getting older and costing us more money, and the playoffs are only getting closer cause our rookies are getting better.

Sharper is a great ILB and if he restructures ill be happy to have him back.. but we dont NEED him.. plain and simple.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #179
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-townTexan
Listen want to get cap room why not trade David carr he is too expensive and he throws an interception every snap thatz emberresing

What you been smokin ?

Go to NFL.com and compare Carr's stats to the TOP QB's in the NFL and you will find he is among the top 5-8 in several categories . Yes DC throws the occasional interception but many if not MOST of them can be directly attribted to POOR PROTECTION , not lack of talent , arm strength or mechanic's . Its pretty hard to hit your target when you are getting blasted from your blindside or forced to flee for your life on almost every passing play.

Considering the type of protection he's gotten over his 3 seasons here . im surprised he has such ..... respectable numbers . They could be much worse . Ask Saints Fan about Aaron Brooks ..... or Lions Fan about Joey Harrington .

My on Sharper and Foreman ....

Foreman is overpayed and has under produced . He is nothing more than a solid back up . Telling him to seek out a trade is more or less allowing him to find employment @ his current salary or telling him you either re-structure or get CUT . If they trade him at least they get something for him ..(if they throw in a six pack of cold ones) .... possibly a 4th -5th rounder.

Sharper is a different story . He's an established starting calibur NFL LB . Although he is getting older , he is still a better than average LB and one of the anchors of the Texans D. This is nothing more than a cap move . Either they re-structure the contract so as not to take the big cam hit next season and cut him like the Patriots have notably done with several players over the past couple years or they trade him now and get some value for him . Seems to me the choice is up to Sharper .

As for how this affects the draft .... if both players are traded or cut in the case of Foreman this turns a position of strength into a glaring weakness as far as depth meaning the texans are looking at a specific player in the draft . This could be DJ in the first round (most likely via trade up) or any number of players in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Last edited by Corrosion; 03-06-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #180
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

not sure what to make of all of this...i love how they did this on friday and the weekend basically killed all nfl deals...especially on sunday when there is pretty much no work being done...maybe over the weekend both sides have cooled down and maybe able to get a deal done...with sharper that is...if i was casserly i would either redo the foreman deal where he is getting about the vet. minimum or trade him for whatever we can get...sharper i would try to extend...i wouldn't trade him just yet because you never know how this season could turn out...we could have one of the biggest turn arounds and make it deep into the playoffs then sharper would want to return or we could trade him now and go bust because our ILB's all got hurt...personally i'd rather hold out and hope we have a great season and able to resign him rather than the other scenerio

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read