Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2005   #41
LBblitz
Veteran

I am kinda split down the middle on this. I'd love to see Sharper back because I dont think he skills have dimished like some say...but on the other picking up Johnson, an extreme talent, is making me want the season to start NOW!
LBblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #42
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The only positive thing about seeing Sharper gone is:
Quote:
ESPN.com also confirms that the Texans notified Kailee Wong before the signing that he would also be moved to inside linebacker, possibly freeing up the right outside linebacker position for Antwan Peek.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #43
texansfan1974
Veteran

Default sharper for bolden

the cards are talking about trading anquan boldin , sharper for boldin?
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #44
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #45
LBblitz
Veteran

I agree with Grid. I cannot see us losing Shaper without trying to get Johnson.

Also I may be alone on this...but I think if we give Carr enogh time in the pocket ( O-line upgrade) he could still utilize Gaffney.
Old 03-03-2005   #46
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
the cards are talking about trading anquan boldin , sharper for boldin?
I'm sorry, no thank you
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #47
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

if we trade Sharper.. id like to see us pick up an Oline upgrade, a Dline upgrade, or a 1st round pick.

any of those three would be worthwhile in my book.

and when i say upgrade.. im talking about a talented YOUNG player that fits us and will be a starter for years.

I feel bad talking about what we can get for Sharper .. I love the guy.. but lets face it he is a big cap hit, and if he doesnt restructure, we are better off getting what we can for him now so that we have a better shot at replacing his talent down the road.
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2005   #48
texansfan1974
Veteran

sharper will be wearing battle red and steel blue this season. so lets all quit worrying.
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #49
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anone else heard anything or are we all just shooting stuff here!
Old 03-03-2005   #50
LBblitz
Veteran

I am very optimistic about Greenwood and I could see him and DJ side by side for years to come...WHAT A TANDEM!

It will take some getting used, though, to see that Sharper isnt leading our defense. He has helped so much and when we are in the playoffs this year it just will not seem right without him.
Old 03-04-2005   #51
SESupergenius

Can we ever keep a unit together?
Old 03-04-2005   #52
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

http://houstonprofootball.com/

At 6'0" and 238 pounds, it is believed that Greenwood would move to inside linebacker, joining Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman, and maybe even pushing them out. According to a televised report on KRIV-TV, both Sharper and Foreman were notified that they would each be allowed to seek a trade and a new contract with another team if they could not reach modified deals with the Texans.

Jamie Sharper
Sharper, 30, is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $4.75 million and has a $6.125 million charge on the 2005 cap. If traded, the Texans would still reflect the remaining signing bonus amount of $1.375 million on the cap this year.

While general manager Charley Casserly confirmed that the team has room to keep all of its linebackers, the team is probably frustrated by an inability to strike an agreement with Sharper on a contract extension thus far. Complicating matters may be some emotional comments Sharper made regarding the coaching staff after a home loss to the Colts in December.

"Somebody has to show us the way," Sharper was quoted as saying in the Houston Chronicle. "There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but who's going to direct us there? We need somebody to direct us to wins instead of close games."

Foreman, 28, is entering the third year of his five-year contract this season. If traded, his signing bonus would accelerate, resulting in a dead cap charge of $1.32 million.
Old 03-04-2005   #53
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Anyone remember during the season when Sharper spoke out against the team. . . Stating "Something" needed to change. Anyone think he might be fed up with the Texans style and wants to move on while he feels he still has the chance of being successful?

I do, and what a great point you bring up. . . I found this on houstonprofootball.com

Complicating matters may be some emotional comments Sharper made regarding the coaching staff after a home loss to the Colts in December.

"Somebody has to show us the way," Sharper was quoted as saying in the Houston Chronicle. "There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but who's going to direct us there? We need somebody to direct us to wins instead of close games."

I love quoting myself (and the dancing banana)
Old 03-04-2005   #54
LBblitz
Veteran

why dont we sign the dancing banana? lol
Old 03-04-2005   #55
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
why dont we sign the dancing banana? lol

I LOVE THAT IDEA
Old 03-04-2005   #56
Grid
Hall of Fame

put him in as a olineman. he may not be able to stop anyone, but neither can our current linemen.. and at least banana can make them slip and fall.

(hyuck hyuck hyuck hyuck)
Old 03-04-2005   #57
LBblitz
Veteran

It MUST be getting late.lol
Old 03-04-2005   #58
SESupergenius

I just don't see why we spent that much money for that type of player. Where the heck was Kendral Bell and Hartwell in this equation?
Old 03-04-2005   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps they wanted more of a coverage guy, Bell isn't the best guy in coverage. Hartwell may have been asking for the Moon. Who knows?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #60
Grid
Hall of Fame

or they may have both had personalities that dont fit our team. *shrug*.. Greenwood was obviously the guy that fit us best, otherwise we wouldnt have offered him such a good contract.

Like I said in the other thread.. we have plenty of time to evaluate him before the meat of the contract becomes a concern.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read