Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2005   #381
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

And the cap situation?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #382
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

And can the Cards afford to lose a Tackle????
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #383
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd like to know how we'll possibly improve on defense by losing sharper.

sharper > wong
sharper > greenwood
sharper > 3rd (or worse) draft pick
DJ might be a future upgrade or he might be a bust (dont read too far into it, i'd love to have DJ, he's yet to even see a nfl practice squad is my point)

we play a 3-4 defense and losing our best lb doesnt make much sense to me, nomatter the reason. if it is posturing to assist in negotiations, fine. if we're looking to dump salaries, get rid of foreman & wong. both of whom have been average at best over the past 3 seasons. dont drop the defensive mvp for our entire existance.

"he's on the downside of his career" ... and still leads the texans defense in nearly every category.

"he costs too much" ... maybe, but we can afford it. the last year of a veteran's contract is always big, that's nothing new.

"he angered management with his comments" ... he said what fans have been saying for 3 years. play to win a game instead of keeping it close til the end. vinny you said his comments showed lack of leadership and i'm not sure i see how. how is he supposed to lead to wins? he's not much of a quarterback, i doubt he's calling the plays from the booth, & i really dont think he'd accomplish much on our lethargic o-line. he does lead with his play though sporting first in tackles, stops for loss, forced fumbles (t), & defensive td's (t) ... had we actually blitzed and used him on the rare occasion that we did he'd probably have atleast 2 more sacks putting him on top there also. i'd actually commend him on his restraint for saying only the blatently obvious.
Old 03-23-2005   #384
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
I have been encouraging the fans of the 2nd best NFL team in Texas to give us that extra #1 as they will only waste it, if they going 3-4 who better to help other players get accustomed to it then our trade bait Jamie Sharper.
Pipe dream. We will be LUCKY to get a 3rd rounder for him.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #385
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
vinny you said his comments showed lack of leadership and i'm not sure i see how. how is he supposed to lead to wins?
Most of the people around me knew I was critical of Sharper's play long before this was announced (the Texans moving him on). I just thought that the comment was weak because leaders don't beg to be led. He could lead by example or by word, but he was doing neither with those comments and his poor play. Not much more to my comment than that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #386
wildcat45
Rookie

whos in line to pick up dj in the draft and is it possible for that big a jump down with a trade involving sharper
wildcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #387
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat45
whos in line to pick up dj in the draft and is it possible for that big a jump down with a trade involving sharper
Another lets get DJ fan huh? Sharper likely wouldn't move us up much in the draft IF we found a taker. If we moved from 13 to say 6 (Tennessee), the proper term is "moving up" not "jump down".
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2005   #388
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

sharper > wong
sharper > greenwood
DJ might be a future upgrade or he might be a bust (dont read too far into it, i'd love to have DJ, he's yet to even see a nfl practice squad is my point)

we play a 3-4 defense and losing our best lb doesnt make much sense to me, nomatter the reason. if it is posturing to assist in negotiations, fine. if we're looking to dump salaries, get rid of foreman & wong. both of whom have been average at best over the past 3 seasons. dont drop the defensive mvp for our entire existance.

"he's on the downside of his career" ... and still leads the texans defense in nearly every category.

"he costs too much" ... maybe, but we can afford it. the last year of a veteran's contract is always big, that's nothing new.

"he angered management with his comments" ... he said what fans have been saying for 3 years. play to win a game instead of keeping it close til the end. vinny you said his comments showed lack of leadership and i'm not sure i see how. how is he supposed to lead to wins? he's not much of a quarterback, i doubt he's calling the plays from the booth, & i really dont think he'd accomplish much on our lethargic o-line. he does lead with his play though sporting first in tackles, stops for loss, forced fumbles (t), & defensive td's (t) ... had we actually blitzed and used him on the rare occasion that we did he'd probably have atleast 2 more sacks putting him on top there also. i'd actually commend him on his restraint for saying only the blatently obvious.
GREAT post!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #389
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

sharper > wong
sharper > greenwood

"he angered management with his comments" ... he said what fans have been saying for 3 years. play to win a game instead of keeping it close til the end. vinny you said his comments showed lack of leadership and i'm not sure i see how. how is he supposed to lead to wins? he's not much of a quarterback, i doubt he's calling the plays from the booth, & i really dont think he'd accomplish much on our lethargic o-line. he does lead with his play though sporting first in tackles, stops for loss, forced fumbles (t), & defensive td's (t) ... had we actually blitzed and used him on the rare occasion that we did he'd probably have atleast 2 more sacks putting him on top there also. i'd actually commend him on his restraint for saying only the blatently
obvious.

Stating the obvious > j00

We can wish they keep the Sharper Image...BUT IT AINT HAPPENIN'! Trust me, I want predator back here, but the wrong things were said..sadly, he wont be back.
Old 03-24-2005   #390
Mr Shush
Veteran

The Cards could use both a linebacker and an injection of experience. They still have plenty of cap room. Shelton is out of favour with Green, basically because he's a lazy sod, and I don't want him here for the same reason. If they just want to throw us their third, that might be ok by me.
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005   #391
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
And can the Cards afford to lose a Tackle????
"Shelton, a first-round pick in 1999, has started 77 games. Falling out of favor with Cardinals' first-year coach Dennis Green last season, Shelton had only nine starts and missed the final three games with a left knee injury.

Shelton, who has the Cardinals permission to seek a trade, visited the Bills last month. "

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BUF/8316634

<<EDIT>>

I'm not too familiar with linemen but in that article i read that he had quality

Last edited by z0rpAn; 03-24-2005 at 09:28 AM.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005   #392
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The nine starts he did get last year came at RT not LT by the way.
Old 03-24-2005   #393
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
We can wish they keep the Sharper Image...BUT IT AINT HAPPENIN'! Trust me, I want predator back here, but the wrong things were said..sadly, he wont be back.
You are probably right. Reality has finally set in for me. It was fun while it lasted!
Jamie gave us some exciting football, especially the first two years.

Wonder if we'll see all the #55 jerseys in the stadium this year? I plan to wear mine.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005   #394
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i really feel letting sharper go will come back to bite this organization in the rear end. I only hope Green wood can be half as productive as Sharper has been for us the 3 years he has been here.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #395
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans | Could Hold Onto Sharper Beyond Draft - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:26:10 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans may hold onto LB Jamie Sharper until after the NFL Draft if they are not able to work out a trade before then. While they are looking to part ways with him, they are not simply going to give him away.
Old 03-25-2005   #396
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Texans | Could Hold Onto Sharper Beyond Draft - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:26:10 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans may hold onto LB Jamie Sharper until after the NFL Draft if they are not able to work out a trade before then. While they are looking to part ways with him, they are not simply going to give him away.
That's what I like to see...We have all the leverage in this situation, and it's good to see the front office at least trying to get something for him...
Old 03-25-2005   #397
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i agree we should atleast try to get something for our leading tackler ! Itd be dumb not to !
Old 03-27-2005   #398
ThOrNy
Rookie

im fine with a third rd pick! we are keeping the roster young and restructuring or giving him a new deal next year would be pointless (in this regard i aggree with CC). he is a solid player but if we can get pro bowl caliber players at most positions and all of them be young by building in the drsft the way we are than there is a bright future. hhmmmm dynasty??
ThOrNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #399
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThOrNy
im fine with a third rd pick! we are keeping the roster young and restructuring or giving him a new deal next year would be pointless (in this regard i aggree with CC). he is a solid player but if we can get pro bowl caliber players at most positions and all of them be young by building in the drsft the way we are than there is a bright future. hhmmmm dynasty??

haha that is the first time i have ever heard someone say dynasty is the same sentence as the texans, well lets win 1-2 superbowls and then we can have that kinda thread, or more fire D.D or Capers threads, cause noone will ever be 100% happy !
Old 03-27-2005   #400
ThOrNy
Rookie

hehe, im tryin to project it into reality. lets make the playoffs first hey
ThOrNy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read