Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2005   #321
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, if we get nothing for him, then he might as well be released after this season. At least we would retain some stability in the LB corps.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #322
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

It's really tough to accept the fact that Sharper won't be a Texan next season, but it does make for a very interesting offseason and training camp. For all those who would love to see Peek on the field more they may jsut get their wish. He might even see time at the ILB position in training camp, although I must confess I'd rather see him outside rushing the QB. This is really leaving a lot of spots up in the air, and it will be very interesting to see what happens. I just hope having players in new positions next season won't play out as badly as having players in new positions on the OLine played out last season.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #323
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Stupid ESPN

I just opened ESPN's home page and saw a bold text link that says Sharper cut

That would be Darren Sharper.

I need a defibrillator.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #324
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

OWNED!
Old 03-10-2005   #325
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well im not saying it is set in stone.. but when sharper started talking about it.. and the chronicle started talking about it.. and that jerkweed on ESPN started talking about it.. I have started to get a little worried that we wont get anything and will end up releasing him.

but if anyone can squeeze a pick out of someone, its Casserly.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #326
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

For sentimental reasons I am sad to see this taking place, Sharper has been the cornerstone of this defense, and it will be hard to not see him out there.

However, I do believe that this move is being done to make this defense better. We started with nothing and Sharper was a major player for us that was solid and consistent. As this team grows, the changes should be upgrades. I’m sure that as hard as this change is, it is for the best. The front office is making a move that they feel will make this team better, not worse. Sharper is good, and is the face of our defense, but does that mean we don’t go after anyone better just so our face stays the same?

We were 7-9 last year; I for one don’t want to stay the same.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005   #327
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well it will be different and sad not to see sharper out there...i'm just sorry this whole thing is ending the way it is...and i know people say it's a business and the gm's don't care what the fans think but you know what they should...the fans are the ones who pay the tickets, buy the jerseys, and support the team...without us there is no team...that being sad i understand why moving sharper on is must...peek needs to be a starter on this defense and with greenwood signing there would be no room for peek...with sharper out that moves wong inside (even though they deny it you know it's gonna happen) and peek will take over the starting ROLB position...i think if peek can stay healthy and in capers good graces he could end the season with 10+ sacks and be the pass rusher we've lacked over the past few seasons...greenwood will provide solid pass coverage...wong will be the run stopper in the middle...and babin will continue to improve and be a strong link in our linebacking corp

back ups will probably be charlie anderson who i think can be solid rotational guy for us...deshon polk proved his worth this past season...i don't see foreman being with us anymore and i can honestly say i'm not sad to see him go...shantee orr i believe will be the second back up to the OLB'ers...as for the other inside guy i believe he will come in the draft...preferably barret ruud or lance mitchell on my side of things...but i hope sharper goes to the bengals to be re-united with marvin lewis...i have nothing but respect for jamie sharper and i wish him the best
Old 03-11-2005   #328
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i almost cant wait to see what happens. i always like trade talk and rumors. it keeps me interested during the offseason. i dont care what we do or what path we take, as long as the LB group is better than last yrs. i guess its a lock that foreman will be dealt or released. as for sharper, who knows. i do wanna see peek hitting the QB more....its awesome
Old 03-11-2005   #329
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC
i almost cant wait to see what happens. i always like trade talk and rumors. it keeps me interested during the offseason. i dont care what we do or what path we take, as long as the LB group is better than last yrs. i guess its a lock that foreman will be dealt or released. as for sharper, who knows. i do wanna see peek hitting the QB more....its awesome
I still think our DL and OL are more of a problem than our LB's.

Last edited by bckey; 03-11-2005 at 02:02 AM.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #330
Negative Jesus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan
I just opened ESPN's home page and saw a bold text link that says Sharper cut

That would be Darren Sharper.

I need a defibrillator.

I saw the same thing ............ and i felt the same way .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #331
saints63213

Default Sharper Question - Saints Fan

I have heard a rumor that sharper has been traded for a 4th round pick and a player.(probably Tebucky Jones or Kenny Smith) Have you guys heard anything about this?

Thanks and good luck this year.
Old 03-11-2005   #332
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard and seen this rumor. Where did you hear it from originally? I'm trying to find out if it started in the New Orleans media or if it is just some message board thing. Help me out if you could please. We generally wipe all ridiculous rumors around here (if you state a rumor as a fact it will get hammered) but I have seen this and have been emailed about this from a couple of people so I am going ot answer it here as so it doesn't pop up multiple times.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #333
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

On the saintsreport board they said Haslett stated that he is not interested in either Sharper.

I think I found where it started....

http://whodatzone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3543
Quote:
Texans SHarper was told to look for a trade. Apparently Sharper is not getting the Texans what they want. He is demanding to be let go. It seems the Saints, Cheifs, Broncos and Cardinals are interested. According to local radio the Saints made the best trade offer. He would have to redo his current contract to get the deal done. The Saints are giving a player and a 4th round pick for him. Sharper refused to give trade talk info out. He says his agent is in charge of that.

We will have to wait and see.

WSF

------------

Everything i'm hearing is on the radio. It seems many are reporting all kinds of things. The Saints seem to be logical to some. Many radio broadcasters seem to think a trade would leave Sharper with not much choice.

As far as who the trade is, I would expect some rookie or 2nd year player because of value. The Texans love draft picks. Could it be Henderson? The Texans are looking for another speedy WR!

I will try to find some links on this...

WSF

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #334
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

ESPN's - Clayton also has a few hits on articles about Jaime for us mentioning picks and trades with Cincy or Seattle

Sharper drawing interest
There seems to be trade interest in Texans inside linebacker Jamie Sharper. The Bengals and Seahawks are among the teams most interested. It will cost a middle round choice -- possibly a fourth -- to get Sharper, who is being replaced by Morlon Greenwood.
Old 03-11-2005   #335
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you know i'm wondering if sharper can control who he is traded to because there is no doubt in my mind he wants to go to the bengals to re-join marvin lewis...if he can't i don't see a problem with a trade to the saints...right now i just want this deal done so we can move on
Old 03-11-2005   #336
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The best control he has is whether he will adjust his contract or not. If he is willing to redo his contract someone will pick him up, but if he is willing to do a reasonable contract, he would be here anyway unless he is just ticked off and wants out of Houston..

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #337
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
you know i'm wondering if sharper can control who he is traded to...
He can't, because he still has 1 year remaining on his contract. The problem is, how much will the Texans get in return from a team that Sharper won't extend with? It would amount to renting an unhappy Sharper for a season. The Texans don't want a unhappy Sharper, why would another team? He has to go to a team that he chooses to get any value in return.
Old 03-11-2005   #338
SESupergenius

Unless we off a sweet deal to Sharper he's as good as gone. So much negativity can be whiped out in a heartbeat with lucrative contract, but I feel that that is not going to happen. We are about to lose one our best defensive players so we better get something good in return. He may have spouted off at the end of the season last year, but this could be the start of a trend in the locker room. Once you start losing guys motivation to play for you it's all over. Pressure sure is mounting on this staff to succeed this year.
Old 03-11-2005   #339
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
We are about to lose one our best defensive players so we better get something good in return.
He apparently wasn't one of the best defensive players last season, as concluded in the team meetings. And they also must have concluded that he wasn't worth the cap hit this year. Since I'm on the outside looking in, I'll have to put my faith in that they know what is going on, and I don't.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005   #340
texansfan1974
Veteran

it was just stated on the dan patrick show that THE EDGE might be interested
in the TEXANS. how bout we sign little brother DARRIN SHARPER and trade
JAMIE to the colts for THE EDGE. at least we will still have a sharper on the
our team.
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read