Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2005   #1
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Jamie Sharper on the Trading Block

Anyone else watching Fox 26 Sports? Berman mentioned that the Texans gave Jamie Sharper permission to seek a trade. OMG Say it ain't so!
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #2
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Anyone else watching Fox 26 Sports? Berman mentioned that the Texans gave Jamie Sharper permission to seek a trade. OMG Say it ain't so!
If it is, you can guarantee we'll be getting something real nice in return.
Old 03-03-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Giving Sharper And Foreman Permission To Seek Trade

Fox 26 just reported that after the Texans signed Greenwood, they told Sharper and Foreman they could go ahead and seek trades...

I think Greenwood will be a decent ILB, definitely better than Foreman, but nowhere near Sharper's level...

Discuss...
Old 03-03-2005   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Didnt see that one coming...
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #5
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn you for beating me to it...

*Shakes Fist And Waits For Threads To Be Merged*
Old 03-03-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Didnt see that one coming...
You and me both. I literally jumped off the couch when I heard it.
Old 03-03-2005   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

To Foreman adios, but why Sharper???????????????? Are they trying to make cap room or go at the ILB spot from scratch? Maybe go after DJ in the draft?
Old 03-03-2005   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that would explain signing Greenwood and telling Wong he is moving to the inside.
Old 03-03-2005   #9
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

There has to be someone out there they have their eyes on. Whether that be someone yet to be drafted or a free agent.
Old 03-03-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I hope this is just posturing by the Texans so that they can restructure Sharpers deal. I'm fine with Foreman getting the heave-ho, but not Sharper.
Old 03-03-2005   #11
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

There is not much we would get in return that would make me happy about involving Sharper in a trade. A first round pick or Ray Lewis are about all that wouldnt make me unhappy with the Texans for the first time in there existence.
Old 03-03-2005   #12
texansfan88
All Pro

well, I can definately say I'm not happy nor amused by this report...the only good that would come out of it is a first round pick...remember that sharper is in the final year of his contract and if it were to happen, it might not hurt
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

wow is that true D-Rek? very interesting......what a day in Houston Texans Football. there is no offseason in the NFL
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
There has to be someone out there they have their eyes on. Whether that be someone yet to be drafted or a free agent.
Bell, Hartwell, or Crowder are the only viable options I can come up with...

If we do trade him and get anything less than a high 2nd rounder, we got jipped...
Old 03-03-2005   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sharper AND Foreman are GONE .... i would assume the Texans have someone in mind to replace that depth .
Foreman i dont think is anything more than a back up type player at best .
Sharper on the other hand has been the heart of the D since their first game .
Has Pro-Bowl type talent . Removing that from the defence makes a strength a glaring weakness unless you replace talent with talent .
Only one player comes to mind via draft or free-agent and thats DJ. If this report is true i expect the Texans to trade up . The other free agents at the position are either old or will want too much cash .
This report could be false but who knows ?
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Cowboys are switching to the 3-4, they could maybe use Sharper but I can't think of anything the Cowboys have that we would want besides picks off the top of my head...
Old 03-03-2005   #17
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Sharper? I don't see how we could do that without trading up for DJ ... but then again, maybe that's part of the trade condition.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its always better to get rid of a player a year early rather than a year late .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I really don't want to see Sharper go. There's not much we could get in return for him that would leave me feeling we got a good deal. He's the heart and soul of our defense.
Old 03-03-2005   #20
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

As I noted in the other thread, the only way I can see the Texans letting Sharper go would be if they could guarantee landing a DJ.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read