Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2010   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default [Schefter] Raiders Shopping Roster

Adam Schefter from ESPN posted this on his Twitter:
Quote:
Raiders been shopping much of their roster, including CB Nnamdi Asomugha. But his contract makes him untradeable. More details at ESPN.com.
Man, would I love to make a run at Michael Bush or Darren McFadden...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Schefter] Raiders Shopping Roster

Bush for President.
Old 02-23-2010   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to bring in Aso, but at 29 you can't justify the picks Oakland would demand for him.

I'm not sure what they mean about his contract. This would be the year where it would actually be doable since there is no cap penalty.

I wonder what they would be asking for guys like Bush, Huff and Kelly.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Forget the RBs, CB Nnamdi Asomugha would be the guy I'm targeting. I don't care about the contract.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I would love to bring in Aso, but at 29 you can't justify the picks Oakland would demand for him.

I'm not sure what they mean about his contract. This would be the year where it would actually be doable since there is no cap penalty.

I wonder what they would be asking for guys like Bush, Huff and Kelly.
I think Schefter has this one wrong. He is talking about 2011 and Aso has a clause that he has to be paid the average of the top 5 QB's or $16 mil whichever is higher. Schefter is saying that is guaranteed but rotoworld has that as a team option. So if rotoworld is correct you are getting a 1 year deal for $14 mil and you can't franchise him because if the 2011 option is not picked up the contract says no franchise tag. He isn't untradeable but pretty close to it.
Old 02-23-2010   #6
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Could you trade for him and then negotiate a 'normal' contract?
Old 02-23-2010   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Could you trade for him and then negotiate a 'normal' contract?
Sure but your bargaining position is crap. Better to get permission from the Raiders to see if a new deal can be reached before a trade.
Old 02-23-2010   #8
Section516 
Warrior

So, It'd be kind of like what you do when you franchise a player and then trade him?
Old 02-23-2010   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
So, It'd be kind of like what you do when you franchise a player and then trade him?
Yes, that would be the only smart route to take.
Old 02-23-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting Aso would make Andre Johnson a happy camper. Another good corner he doesn't have to face and they are pretty good friends.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #11
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Getting Aso would make Andre Johnson a happy camper. Another good corner he doesn't have to face and they are pretty good friends.
Getting Aso would make many a Texan fan a happy camper, too.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we hear this about the Raiders every off-season. Weird Al's nothing but a joke
Old 02-23-2010   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So McNair is going to spend 14-16 mil on ASO? LOL

I would try to trade Mario for ASO and Bush.

That would make the salay thing doable for McNair.

Not going to happen though, McNair would never sign off on it.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #14
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Davis is smart enough to keep Bush, I could care less about McFadden. He just doesn't work in our system, he will definitely be of use to another team though.

If we got Mario for Aso and McFadden, I wouldn't be too sad .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I hope Davis is smart enough to keep Bush, I could care less about McFadden. He just doesn't work in our system, he will definitely be of use to another team though.
So as a Raider fan you're saying McFadden is not a bust, he's just not very effective in your teams offense ? So what issues of compatibility are there with McFadden and the Raiders system ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #16
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
Adam Schefter from ESPN posted this on his Twitter:

Man, would I love to make a run at Michael Bush or Darren McFadden...
Michael Bush would be sweet, i was yellling at the TV to pick him up 3 years ago, raiders got him right at pick 100 i believe, solid at louisville. I still think Louisville wins it all that year if he healthy..... lost to rutgers i think then got put in 1 loss bowl game....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #17
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

With Dumbta gone, Stanford Routt looks like a good option for the Texans as a low risk, high reward pick-up for the Texans. Texas born, U of H product, good size, great speed. Wouldn't hurt!
Old 02-24-2010   #18
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
So what issues of compatibility are there with McFadden and the Raiders system ?
The Raiders

Seriously though, we have one of the worst o-lines in the league, and to add to that we just don't use him correctly. I like to compare him to Slaton, since I believe McFadden would shine if he was used the way Slaton was. He has some pretty decent hands so he can play wideout (he has done it before w/ JaLardAss throwing it to him), and I've seen him throw the ball in college as well.

Honestly, a lot of players on the Raiders would shine if they were somewhere else...the whole "commitment to excellence" has long left the Raiders organization.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #19
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

If we got Mario for Aso and McFadden, I wouldn't be too sad .

LOL...keep dreaming! I feel bad for the Raiders because if it weren't for Al David they would have a decent team. I think the Raiders have one of the best linebacker corps in the league in Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard (forgot the other guys name).
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #20
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Forget the RBs, CB Nnamdi Asomugha would be the guy I'm targeting. I don't care about the contract.
totally agree asomugha is awsomough!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read