Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-22-2010   #1
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Suh Whee. Tampa_Rams trade rumor for #1

Quote:
Such was the case Friday when a report surfaced suggesting the Bucs and St. Louis Rams, who own the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, were discussing the possibility of swapping first-round picks, and the Bucs sending quarterback Josh Johnson and their third-round selection to St. Louis for the top pick in the draft, which would be used by Tampa Bay to take Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/6741

Quote:
Foxsports.com is reporting the Bucs and Rams have discussed a deal that would send Tampa Bay's No. 3 overall pick, a third rounder and quarterback Josh Johnson to St. Louis in exchange for the No. 1 overall selection.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/...h-johnson.html
Old 02-22-2010   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh Whee. Tampa_Rams trade rumor for #1

That does not seem to make any sense for the Rams.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #3
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not? The Rams could still take Clausen with the 3rd and pick up a couple of extra pieces with a 3rd rounder and Johnson.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
That does not seem to make any sense for the Rams.
The difference in price between #1 and #3 is a LOT of money. Neither Detroit nor Tampa are a risk to take a QB (both have 1st round pick QBs), so the Rams would get their guy for a helluva lot cheaper
Old 02-22-2010   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I suppose if the Rams are definitely going for a QB, then this would work for them. I think its hard to pass on Suh though.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would the Bucs want to pay someone #1 money?

Teams dont want the #1 pick like they did 10 years ago. Not gonna happen.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams need a QB. Be it FA, trade or the draft. As much as Suh would be a major asset to any teams defense, the Rams need alot more than just Dline help. They need skill players. Josh Freeman with Steven Jackson is a pretty decent offense. You let Freeman run the offense for a year and then let Clausen learn behind him and then let them battle it out the next year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2010   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see the Rams passing on Suh. Spags is a d-first guy, and the team has such incredible needs on that side of the ball that he would be sick to his stomach over the possibility of passing on him.

I'll say this, the Lions sure as hell won't pass on him.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The Rams need a QB. Be it FA, trade or the draft. As much as Suh would be a major asset to any teams defense, the Rams need alot more than just Dline help. They need skill players. Josh Freeman with Steven Jackson is a pretty decent offense. You let Freeman run the offense for a year and then let Clausen learn behind him and then let them battle it out the next year.
It's Josh Johnson, not Josh Freeman.

What's interesting to me is that if the Rams intend to trade back for a QB, why are they asking Josh Johnson be involved in the deal? I understand why they might be hesitant to take another first round DL, but you'd think if they intend to draft a QB, Johnson would be superfluous at best.

If they did this deal, I'd expect them to try and move back again and nab someone else they might be targeting like Berry or Dez Bryant
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

What's interesting to me is that if the Rams intend to trade back for a QB, why are they asking Josh Johnson be involved in the deal? I understand why they might be hesitant to take another first round DL, but you'd think if they intend to draft a QB, Johnson would be superfluous at best.

If they did this deal, I'd expect them to try and move back again and nab someone else they might be targeting like Berry or Dez Bryant
Maybe want an athlete to run Wildcat? They seem to just want out of the #1 spt, which isn't all that dumb, if you ask me.
Old 02-22-2010   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

If they want Suh bad enough then they have to take him at #1. Cuz Detroit isn't gonna pass on him.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rams GM Billy Devaney denies he's had any contact with the Bucs about a trade involving the Nos. 1 and 3 overall picks and QB Josh Johnson.

Scout.com's Chris Steuber reported Saturday that the Rams are eying Johnson as a fall-back plan or alternative to acquiring Michael Vick. "I am being completely honest when I say I have not talked to anyone in Tampa Bay," Devaney said in an NFL.com chat Monday. "I'm not saying that won't happen at some point but to date there is absolutely nothing going on."
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx
Old 02-22-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

My bad. Thanks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I thought there was going to be a rookie salary cap in place before the draft this year?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 229246 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I thought there was going to be a rookie salary cap in place before the draft this year?
Not until they reach a new CBA.
Old 02-23-2010   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If they want Suh bad enough then they have to take him at #1. Cuz Detroit isn't gonna pass on him.
I agree with that. But taking Suh @ #1 is ALOT less costly than trading up from 3 to 1 and taking Suh @ #1.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

There's more than one scout who thinks Gerald McCoy is a better prospect than Suh, who is more versatile while the OKlahoma player is right there with Suh as a 3-Tech DT.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read