Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-20-2010   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2010 RB Prospects Video

Football Gameplan's RB Prospects

Here's our list of the top RBs in the Draft.. There's plenty from you guys to choose from!
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 49552 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 RB Prospects Video

Nice! But I hate your mock....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Very incisive. You packed a lot of info in a short video clip.

Though he has a lot of fans on this forum, I'm concerned about Gerhart's running style. I think he's going to take some big hits in the NFL, and he doesn't really run behind his pads.

The one thing that's missing from the Texans offense is a physicality that a big back could bring. The Texans have never really had a thumper in the backfield (Ron Dayne was a 265 lb finesse back). Which is why I also like Blount out of Oregon, though I would compare him more to a Chris Warren type. Like the former Seahawk, Blount has the power to run inside and the agility to make a play on the outside.
Old 02-21-2010   #4
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Nice! But I hate your mock....
LOL!! Thanks homie!! But that's my co-host's mock... We filmed my mock yesterday and I'm getting it edited right now..

Thanks for the feedback on the prospects video to!!
Old 02-21-2010   #5
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Very incisive. You packed a lot of info in a short video clip.

Though he has a lot of fans on this forum, I'm concerned about Gerhart's running style. I think he's going to take some big hits in the NFL, and he doesn't really run behind his pads.

The one thing that's missing from the Texans offense is a physicality that a big back could bring. The Texans have never really had a thumper in the backfield (Ron Dayne was a 265 lb finesse back). Which is why I also like Blount out of Oregon, though I would compare him more to a Chris Warren type. Like the former Seahawk, Blount has the power to run inside and the agility to make a play on the outside.

Thanks for the feedback chief!! Hey..that's a good comparison of Blount to Chris Warren! Warren was a very underrated back! If ya'll don't go RB in the 1st round.. Then Blount would be a GREAT pickup! I'm telling you man...you guys are thisclose..
Old 02-21-2010   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Mathews seems like a perfect fit for the Texans.
Old 02-21-2010   #7
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I also agree with that... He's probably the closest to a complete back in this draft (Running, Receiving, Pass Blocking) And he PROTECTS the football!
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2010   #8
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I would love spiller in a Texans uniform!
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010   #9
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Man I would love spiller in a Texans uniform!
Dude...I'm the BIGGEST Spiller fan.. That is Marshall Faulk reincarnated! Except FASTER! That would instantly make your offense one of the most dangerous in the league!
Old 02-21-2010   #10
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Dude...I'm the BIGGEST Spiller fan.. That is Marshall Faulk reincarnated! Except FASTER! That would instantly make your offense one of the most dangerous in the league!
Yeah that was nice comparison you made there. But I highly doubt we would be able to get him. He'd be gone before the 20th pick and even if he is still available we wouldnt pick him. You see Texans have a problem picking 1st round RBs. I say it'll be a OL or a Defensive player (CB, DT,FS)
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
You see Texans have a problem picking 1st round RBs.
Where does this myth come from? One of Kubiak's first attempted moves was to try to get into the 1st to draft DeAngelo Williams. Thankfully it didn't work out because it would have meant giving up DeMeco and OD.
Old 02-21-2010   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is he the fastest back in this Draft or will someone else turn in a quicker 40 time at Indy this week ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010   #13
EmDiggy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Is he the fastest back in this Draft or will someone else turn in a quicker 40 time at Indy this week ?
I think he's going to be the fastest back this week.. Im guessing 4.35-4.39 range...
Old 02-21-2010   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Concerning the fastest back, it depends who you consider as a back. As a pure RB, Spiller is probably the fastest. But hybrid players like McCluster and Holliday will be faster.

Concerning the video, I have most of the same players, but in varying order.
1) Spiller
2) Gerhart- I like the power and vision he shows.
3) Matthews
4) Blount
5) Dwyer
6) Tate
7) Dixon
8) Bell
9) Scott
10) Best

I really dislike Best. I feel that he is too small to be a every down runner in the pros, and too much of an injury concern to play special teams.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Concerning the fastest back, it depends who you consider as a back. As a pure RB, Spiller is probably the fastest. But hybrid players like McCluster and Holliday will be faster.

Concerning the video, I have most of the same players, but in varying order.
1) Spiller
2) Gerhart- I like the power and vision he shows.
3) Matthews
4) Blount
5) Dwyer
6) Tate
7) Dixon
8) Bell
9) Scott
10) Best

I really dislike Best. I feel that he is too small to be a every down runner in the pros, and too much of an injury concern to play special teams.
I can't say for sure, but I think the Texans will probably be going after a bigger back like Dwyer, Matthews, and Gerhart. If Spiller runs a "sick" 40 and is still there at 19/20 they may be tempted, but I think they pass. Blount would've been in the picture too except for that bad decision he made at the Boise St. game. I don't think the Texans touch him with a ten foot pole, no matter how good he looks at the Combine. It's to bad too, he looks just like what we need. A punishing runner for those goal-line TD's! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010   #16
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#4 overall offense in the league last year, 10th overall in scoring, I think they're pretty dangerous as is, but I would love to see top three scoring and Spiller might help there.
Old 02-21-2010   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Blount would've been in the picture too except for that bad decision he made at the Boise St. game. I don't think the Texans touch him with a ten foot pole, no matter how good he looks at the Combine.
I would hope that the Texans wouldn't pass on Blount for this one blunder. They didn't cut Pollard after he went after Steven Jackson. Nor should they have. That was a very emotional game for the Ducks, and Blount was taunted. Hopefully, he's learned from his mistake. Which is why one goes to college. To learn.
Old 02-22-2010   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I agree with that. Would love to see it happen.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice video, man.

I don't watch much college football so I learn about these guys by listening to the guys who DO watch a lot of football arguiing about them. So, I'm still learning about everyone. Can't wait for the combine.

The guys we've been talking about most are:

Early Prospects:
*** Spiller - No way he lasts to 20. If he does, I can't see us passing on him.
*** Dwyer - Don't know how he's going to grade out, yet. Our first round pick might be too early for him and our second round pick will probably be too late. I'd love to see Smith trade back again like he did a couple of years ago. But if there's a great safety or corner available at our 1st round pick, I can't see how we'd trade back. So I don't think we go for this guy.
*** Gerhart - lots of argument about whether we should get this guy or not. Maybe in the second if he lasts that long.

Middle Round Prospects appear to be Blount and Matthews... if they last that long.

The late round prospects I've seen people talking about for us are Dixon, Tate, and Bell.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Both Matthews and Blount would be great values in the middle rounds, I think.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read