Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-19-2010   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans maybe interested in Lendale White?

Saw this on ESPN, thought it was interesting...

Quote:
LenDale starting over in Houston?
Paul Kuharsky
LenDale would make sense for the Texans

"White worked well in tandem with Chris Johnson before Johnson took over in 2009. The Texans need a bigger back who can handle short-yardage and goal line situations to pair with Steve Slaton."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors
Old 02-19-2010   #2
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: Texans maybe interested in Lendale White?

Well I know some people will be happy, he is worth a look for sure, but I wouldn't be comfortable giving him more than short-yardage and goal-line carries at this point. We still need a home run threat like 08 Slaton.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I call it speculation at this point.

Insert a running back *Lendale White* and add teams looking to improve their running game *insert Texans* and there's a story.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, crap. There will be nothing left on any lunch buffets if this happens.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 02-19-2010   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there is some Titan/Reggie Bust stink on Lendale White but he is effective moving the ball in the situations we have been poor in.

I'm hoping '10 Slaton bounces back to '08 Slaton form myself or a draft pick can help out but I for one would like to see White in a Texans uniform.... or perhaps one and a half Texans uniforms.
Old 02-19-2010   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

No way I'm giving up a second round pick for a poor man's Ron Dayne.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2010   #8
JWarren14
Beer Me

Would you trade our first round pick for DeAngelo Williams?

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers have the luxury of two potentially dominant running backs on the roster, in spite of the fact that both battled injuries in 2009. So is it time to cash one of them in to try and move back into the first round of the draft?

In addition to the Julius Peppers saga, that's the top offseason question they must address, according to Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders. Barnwell thinks they might move DeAngelo Williams to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for the Chargers' top pick (No. 28 overall). In the same vein, it's possible the Panthers might give the Houston Texans a call, since they need a top RB, and could return a slightly higher pick (either No. 19 or 20, depending on a coin flip).
Old 02-19-2010   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
kubiak wanted him coming out. we got demeco & winston/spencer instead thanks to the bills.. personally i think hes too injury prone to invest that much in. good player though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Nope. Running backs careers are way too short to justify trading a first round pick for one, especially one who is injury prone.
Old 02-19-2010   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
kubiak wanted him coming out. we got demeco & winston/spencer instead thanks to the bills.. personally i think hes too injury prone to invest that much in. good player though
Yeah. He could be great but those feet really worry me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 79870 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If he were to sign on here, they would have one one the sideline.....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a scene in E.T. that gave me a great idea on how to use LenDale White in the red zone. So I used that inspiration to conjure up a photoshop image here:

Old 02-19-2010   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 50492 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

He had 7 TD's as a rookie and 15 TD's in his second year. He only had 2 last year due to CJ has a stoopid year.

I would sign him. I think he could very well be a Bettis reincarnate. (The Rams gave up on him early, big fat bastard of a back. Bettis didn't tear it up early in his career either.)

White is no way like Dane the one yard train. White actually hits the hole plus he brings a much needed attitude to this team.

But thats my opinion.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #15
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he would make a good addition to this team. He definately has fresh legs. We just need someone to actually block for him. It would be our 3rd ex-titan rb.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
He had 7 TD's as a rookie and 15 TD's in his second year. He only had 2 last year due to CJ has a stoopid year.

I would sign him. I think he could very well be a Bettis reincarnate. (The Rams gave up on him early, big fat bastard of a back. Bettis didn't tear it up early in his career either.)

White is no way like Dane the one yard train. White actually hits the hole plus he brings a much needed attitude to this team.

But thats my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I think he would make a good addition to this team. He definately has fresh legs. We just need someone to actually block for him. It would be our 3rd ex-titan rb.

Quote:
The Houston Texans star rookie running back Steve Slaton from a season ago seemed to lose his step in the 2009 season.

He went from a 1200 yard season to 400 yards in 2009. Even though there was apparently a problem with Slaton's arm this season, the Texans will probably look to pick up a running back to help their great air attack.

This is where LenDale White comes in.

Even though he isn't going to light up defenses, he can still pick up three to four yards on a first down carry. Also due to the Texans below average O-line White's powerful running style could come in handy.

The Texans have a great duo in Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, Imagine if defenses had to prepare for a rushing attack too. He has the ability to shake of defenders and has the size to push for that extra yardage.
LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #17
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 16 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover

Living in Tennessee the past few years I had the chance or misfortune to catch alot of Titans games on TV and I can say that there were times White seemed to be lazy but most of the time he worked his butt off and was a solid back. I think he would be a great addition as a short yardage and 2nd half with the lead back and it's always good to have multiple backs. Look at the Titans for example, They haven't had 1 single great back since Eddie George and still managed to win alot of games with medium to little talent at QB.

I'd love to see White in Houston. My personal opinion though.
TexanFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #18
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21536 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ah geez, had Lendale come to Houston earlier we might have been able to see what Travis Johnson could have been since he wouldn't have been able to eat himself in to crappiness. (Of course he could have just sucked just as much 30 pounds lighter.)
Old 02-19-2010   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

we already have Chris Henry
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to sign White, he has been on FA wish list all season. He was a solid college RB who I predicted would be a very good Pro. Better than he more famous teammate, Heisman Trophy Winner Bush, well at least a better RB.

White has not had a lot of miles put on him, he should have a chip on his shoulder, and he can show the Titan twice a year they made a mistake.

He also appears to be a good team player, having shared the ball in college, and in the pros. In the games I saw CJ blowing up, i always saw White being one of the first ones on the sideline to chest bump him. Takes a real team player to be that way.

As for the question of trading a 1st round pick for DeAngelo Williams? I don't. Not even a third rounder. He seems to always be hurt.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read