Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-04-2010   #1
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default San Diego Trade Rumor

Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice is a rumor coming from Shaun Phillips

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Acc...artiebuzz.html
Old 02-05-2010   #2
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: San Diego Trade Rumor

Antonio is over-rated big time.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard the Choice talk alot. I like their DBs though..especially Jenkins and Scandrick and I think if Barber eventually leaves a Jones and Choice backfield works. With injuries they have needed him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

Quote:
The Chargers' most pressing offseason need is in the offensive backfield. Tomlinson declared shortly after the season that he believed his nine-year career with the Chargers is finished. He expects to be released shortly. Sproles is a pending restricted free agent who would be due $7.3 million in 2010 if the Chargers tender him a contract, a 10 percent increase over his 2009 franchise-tag salary of $6.67 million. Sproles has said he intends to test the market but expressed a preference to remain in San Diego.

Among the teams that have running back depth are the Dallas Cowboys with Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice at the position. Several teams are looking for cornerback depth, including the Green Bay Packers, sources said.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 02-17-2010 at 10:12 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
p, I've heard the Choice talk alot. I like their DBs though..especially Jwenkins and Scandrick and I think if Barber evebtually leaves a Jones and Choice backfield works. With injuries they have needed him

I would not do that. Barber I would consider.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #5
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is straight up then Dallas is just dumb. Choice is a great option at RB and Cromartie is overrated as a CB. If they don't get picks out of this too then they are just screwing themselves over.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I agree here. Choice has been solid for the most part. Especially as a 3rd down back.
Old 02-17-2010   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Yup, keep Choice. He has fresh legs still too and the burst that we saw Barber lacking in Minny.
Old 02-17-2010   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, I would keep Choice and Jones. I have no clue why Barber was still starting towards the end of the year, I would have EASILY gone with Jones for awhile now. Either Barber has a nagging injury or has just too much wear but he didn't look like the same RB last year.
Old 02-17-2010   #9
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

more power to the Cowboys

Not much more I'd like to see an NFC rival do to themselves than hurt their RB depth to pick up an overrated CB
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand why the Cowboys need another CB. I thought they had a few good ones already. Is this for depth, or will he become a starter?
Old 02-17-2010   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't understand why the Cowboys need another CB. I thought they had a few good ones already. Is this for depth, or will he become a starter?
I'm assuming this is because they think Newman is slipping because Jenkins is a young stud and Scandrick has been good and growing too. Unless they wanted him to move to free safety since they have had problems there. That or they move Scandrick or someone. I don't get it if we move Choice.
Old 02-17-2010   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm assuming this is because they think Newman is slipping because Jenkins is a young stud and Scandrick has been good and growing too. Unless they wanted him to move to free safety since they have had problems there. That or they move Scandrick or someone. I don't get it if we move Choice.
There has been talk of trying to see if Newman could play safety.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade for Cromartie?

Antonio Cromartie appears to be on the trading block.

According to the article, San Diego would take a 3rd rounder for him. That probably means a 2nd rounder at the least. Would you give a 2nd rounder for Cromartie? Cromartie, Quin, and Reeves would be a pretty respectable group of corners. Cromartie is going to be only 26 in April.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade for Cromartie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Antonio Cromartie appears to be on the trading block.

According to the article, San Diego would take a 3rd rounder for him. That probably means a 2nd rounder at the least. Would you give a 2nd rounder for Cromartie? Cromartie, Quin, and Reeves would be a pretty respectable group of corners. Cromartie is only going to be 26 in April.
It should of already been offered.
Old 02-17-2010   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

nah

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=...35&page=1&pc=4

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I would do a 3 for Cro. He's a sissy who doesn't like to tackle, but he's an above average starter. Pair him with the Bone Krusher to hide his pansy nature and he'll be fine.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69351
Old 02-18-2010   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I would do a 3 for Cro. He's a sissy who doesn't like to tackle, but he's an above average starter. Pair him with the Bone Krusher to hide his pansy nature and he'll be fine.
Guy has 7 kids with 6 different women in 5 different states. He's a weak tackler and is not a very good coverage guy. He's basically an interception headhunter because he knows guys that get picks get paid. However, I don't want him on my team and I'm not giving up anything before a 5th for him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Guy has 7 kids with 6 different women in 5 different states. He's a weak tackler and is not a very good coverage guy. He's basically an interception headhunter because he knows guys that get picks get paid. However, I don't want him on my team and I'm not giving up anything before a 5th for him.
And with all that the QB rating for throwing at him last year was 70.9. Compare to Dunta at 99.4.
Old 02-18-2010   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've heard the Choice talk alot. I like their DBs though..especially Jenkins and Scandrick and I think if Barber eventually leaves a Jones and Choice backfield works. With injuries they have needed him

I like Choice. He and Jones are really good two back tandem. I like Barber as well. Dallas has the RB's covered.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read