Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2005   #161
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Remember that scrap known as Steve Foley? No one knew who that was until the Chargers signed him simply from spot-duty with the Texans, and look what he's done in San Diego.

Before SD, he never had more than 4 sacks in a season, no more than 1 interception in like 5 seasons overall, and only 6 forced fumbles in that timespan.

Last season: 10 sacks, 2 interceptions, 5 forced fumbles.

Last edited by ledzeppelin229; 03-06-2005 at 10:19 PM.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #162
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa, C.Bradford as a 3 star Free Agent????

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9...lnid=83&pid=16
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #163
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i dont know much about morlon greenwood, but if casserly thinks he is good enough to start over jay foreman, then thats all i care about. i think this signing really makes things complicated. if we trade sharper, our linebacking core would be peek, wong, greenwood, and babin. thats really not that bad. in fact, it makes up much faster, and thats what capers has commented about. sharper is a heck of a tackler, but not very fast. we are a better pass rushing team without him. im just optimistic bc of what we could potentially get in return for a foreman or sharper.
Old 03-07-2005   #164
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Remember that scrap known as Steve Foley? No one knew who that was until the Chargers signed him simply from spot-duty with the Texans, and look what he's done in San Diego.

Before SD, he never had more than 4 sacks in a season, no more than 1 interception in like 5 seasons overall, and only 6 forced fumbles in that timespan.

Last season: 10 sacks, 2 interceptions, 5 forced fumbles.
i know dude that is incredible. it reminds me of jeff posey. a guy that could have been a major weapon goes off to kill us with their new team. we could have been a playoff team if we had foley's 10 sacks and 5 forced fumbles.
Old 03-07-2005   #165
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGRICK
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS PAGE http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9...lnid=83&pid=27 LOOK AT WHERE GREENWOOD IS LISTED DOES THIS SCARE ANYONE
Not when you see such brilliant scouting that they have Jarrod Baxter rated higher than Moran Norris and Greg Comella rated over both of them.
Old 03-07-2005   #166
jagualex
Rookie

I have heard many say that the jags overpaid Hayward and the money is almost similar to greenwoods. How is it that we overpaid on him, and no one will say the same about greenood?
jagualex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #167
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagualex
I have heard many say that the jags overpaid Hayward and the money is almost similar to greenwoods. How is it that we overpaid on him, and no one will say the same about greenood?
People in the media have said that we overpaid for Greenwood. Prisco said it in one of his articles off www.sportsline.com

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2005   #168
jagualex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
People in the media have said that we overpaid for Greenwood. Prisco said it in one of his articles off www.sportsline.com
I was interested in what you thought. Do you think that he was worth the money?

He is a talented LB and has plent of exp. playing with those LB's he played with down in Miami. But how do you guys feel about him?
Old 03-07-2005   #169
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I trust Casserly and Capers. He adds much needed speed to the LB corps and is an instant improvement over Foreman. I think if we did overpay for him then Capers wanted to make sure they got him cause he can do big things for us.

I have nothing against the signning

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 03-07-2005   #170
jagualex
Rookie

Ok, I like your thoughts. It was just bothering me how people were saying that we overpaid for a DE who has had 18 sacks the past two years. Then a guy who didnt make any "plays" last year besides tackles gets about the same deal Hayward got.

But i realize that you pay more for a guy when you really need him. He will be a great player for the texans and he is a very speedy LB that WILL make plays for you guys.
Old 03-07-2005   #171
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok, I like your thoughts. It was just bothering me how people were saying that we overpaid for a DE who has had 18 sacks the past two years. Then a guy who didnt make any "plays" last year besides tackles gets about the same deal Hayward got.
Yeah, I dont think yall overpaid for Hayward. He had double digits sacks last year and he wont get many double teams with the Jags cause Stroud and Henderson are in the middle.

Old 03-07-2005   #172
jagualex
Rookie

I just hope that with this new addition our defense will finaly have the pressure on the quarterback it has so desperately needed. We get a decent corner opposite of Rashean and we will have a nice 'lil defense.

I cant really see any hole on your defense. But I do see some on offense. The o-line is what concerns me about the texans. With a good line, Carr can be a very, very good quarterback. And with that DD can put up some good numbers. So are the texans dedicated to DD as the starter or has there been any whispers of him being replaced?

Sorry for the interrigation its just im curious.
Old 03-07-2005   #173
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I cant really see any hole on your defense. But I do see some on offense. The o-line is what concerns me about the texans. With a good line, Carr can be a very, very good quarterback. And with that DD can put up some good numbers. So are the texans dedicated to DD as the starter or has there been any whispers of him being replaced?

Sorry for the interrigation its just im curious.
The hole on defense may be the D-line.

I think the O-line will do fine this year. Last year they had 3 out of 5 positions with new people. Wand came from i think Division II football to starting at LT. Pitts moved from LT to G, which he never played before. Wade just got here. And to add onto that, we had a new blocking scheme. The only place on the O-line I would like to see improved is center.

I cant give you an straight answer on the Davis question. The Texans seem to want a RB to share the load with Davis because Davis isnt the 30 carry a game pounder that Capers likes, although Capers uses him as one. He bought himself another year as the starter because of the last few games of last season. Timing is everything. (I cant say anymore because if I did I would come off as a Davis hater and be prosecuted)

Old 03-07-2005   #174
jagualex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The hole on defense may be the D-line.

I think the O-line will do fine this year. Last year they had 3 out of 5 positions with new people. Wand came from i think Division II football to starting at LT. Pitts moved from LT to G, which he never played before. Wade just got here. And to add onto that, we had a new blocking scheme. The only place on the O-line I would like to see improved is center.

I cant give you an straight answer on the Davis question. The Texans seem to want a RB to share the load with Davis because Davis isnt the 30 carry a game pounder that Capers likes, although Capers uses him as one. He bought himself another year as the starter because of the last few games of last season. Timing is everything. (I cant say anymore because if I did I would come off as a Davis hater and be prosecuted)
Well, your right, with all that lack of experience that they had last year on the ling. They cant do anything but get better. Never knew that about the texans line.
Old 03-07-2005   #175
THEFUTURE
All Pro

our linebackers are deep... greenwood, peek, sharper, babin, foreman, wong, cheatwood, anderson, polk are the notable ones... that is a pretty good rotation of young and veteran players
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #176
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

at least one of the linebackers wont be on this team more than likely. Foreman and/or sharper may be gone according to the rumors so its early to judge what the rotation is going to be and who will even be at what position. I would say that the OLB rotation will be good, but then again this team doesnt really rotate the LB corp to much, as seen last year with no subs except for an occasional Peek appearance. However, i think starting Babin and Peek on the outside with the occasional sub of Cheatwood, Anderson, and Wong will be good. Wong probably will be moving mostly inside though.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #177
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i think sharper will rework his contract, i hope, but foreman is ok... if greenwood is playing outside, then peek might not be starting... the 4 OLB i see having a big impact are Peek, Babin, Cheatwood, and Greenwood... since wong will be playing inside now
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #178
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The team has already stated that Greenwood is playing inside, and have denied that Wong is moving inside.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005   #179
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The team has already stated that Greenwood is playing inside, and have denied that Wong is moving inside.
That kinda got me wondering. I think Cak may be right about the Sharper trade being a case of finding his market value for an extension. Dump Foreman, and we have Babin, Sharper, Greenwood, and Wong. Sounds good to me, because I am fine with Wong at OLB.
Old 03-07-2005   #180
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Here's what the Dophins fans have to say:

Huh?

Greenwood has'nt made a meaningful play in four years. Yes he made some tackles when Zach got hurt but in our system a traffic cone would get some tackles...it is about PLAYS...and Morlon has'nt made one in four years.
---------------
He's a very solid player. I don't know if I'd say "playmaker". But I'll be interested in seeing what he can do in a more aggressive scheme (such as Houston's 3-4).
---------------
MG is indeed a sold LB who I believe will improve over the next few years as he is still young, but when you look up Playmaker in the dictionary your def not going to find a picture of Morlon Greenwood
---------------

It's funny how his named is never heard in a game.
---------------
Kinda boring wasn't he...at least he wasn't a big penalty maker..
---------------
If Morlon Greenwood was so solid ..... Can anyone name or place one big play he made over the last four years?? Like turnover,cause a fumble or big sack or INT!! You can't because in 4 years he never had an INT, a fumble recovery,forced fumble!! I mean we are talking about linebacker and four years!! NO BIG TIME PLAYS IN 4 YEARS!! NOTTA!!The price we paid for this clown rapper was way too much! He was a bust! I mean you sometimes luck out and even cause a turnover or even recover a fumble,especially at linebacker.Morlon had ZERO in four years!He's a ZERO! Trust me, The Texans did us a huge favor!
----------------
Greenwood was the same way here at Syracuse...tons of athletic ability, but he never made any plays here either. When we drafted MG, I was still giving Wanny the benefit of the doubt, but it seriously made me question why we gave up a 2nd round pick the next year for a guy who never made any plays in college.
----------------
He's a solid starter, but nothing special. Texans definitly overpaid. I don't see how he fits into the 3-4 either.
----------------
the texans problem with there D is there so slow in the linebacker area...jamie sharper is fast but everyone else is slow...jason babin is fast and so is morlon greenwood...will help them more than it did us
----------------
Texans need an inside linebacker more than anything, not sure why they went for Greenwood
-----------------
Their GM must be asking Ricky for advice. Morlon Greenwood is an ok player, they're paying him like if he was a game changer. They're on crack, they overpaid big time.
-----------------
I still don't get it. He doesn't fit their scheme at all. They should have at least looked at Ed Hartwell or Kendrell Bell. I would be pissed if I was a Texans fan.
-----------------
alot are saying it was a great signing because of his upside, and because he can play both outside and inside(not my words from the Texans message board on nfl.com) I'm cotemplating registering and telling them that in the course of 1 month, Moore, Pope, AND Ayo made more meaningful plays than Morlon did in 4 years here.
[
I can assure you that CC knows what he is doing.
southtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read