Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many primetime games will we get next year?
0 2 1.49%
1 22 16.42%
2 71 52.99%
3 36 26.87%
4+ 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2010   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How many primetime games will we get next year?

The Schedule:

Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Ravens
Jets
Jaguars
Jaguars
Titans
Titans
Colts
Colts

The networks:

NBC Sunday Night Football
ESPN Monday Night Football
NFL Network Thursdays
A Thanksgiving/Christmas game
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How many primetime games will we get next year?

Cowboys on SNF. Titans and/or Colts on MNF.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it'll be these 3:

Redskins on NFL Network Thursday game (Shanahan-Kubiak storyline)

Cowboys on ESPN Monday Night (obvious storyline)

A Sunday Night game flexed into primetime, I'd guess Colts, Titans, Chargers, Jets-anyone in contention on our schedule around then
Old 02-09-2010   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Cowboys on SNF. Titans and/or Colts on MNF.
Exactly what I thought when I looked at the schedule

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect 4+ counting some playoff wins

on a serious note I could see 3

I would be very surprised if the Texans were on a Thanksgiving game
, very surprised
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I would be very surprised if the Texans were on a Thanksgiving game
, very surprised
Can't be worse than the Lions.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I always love these threads!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see the Texans/Cowgirls in prime time, and one of our division rivals also.

I don't know about the Houston Broncos - Washington Texans game though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can see the Texans/Cowgirls in prime time, and one of our division rivals also.

I don't know about the Houston Broncos - Washington Texans game though.
Hey NFLN picked up Texans-Broncos a few years back... they always seem to pick up the storyline games and not necessarily the big primetime matchups (which they get outbid for by the bigger networks I'm sure).

I'd love to see the Texans/Cowboys on Thanksgiving... if the Raiders Bucs and Seahawks can get that game the past few years why not us? I think it would guarantee a way more competitive game too as its in Houston and we rarely get blown out of games. Also networks like to flock to warm climates during the cold autumn/winters. I'm just sayin its not completely out of the questions. Nor is a Christmas night game.
Old 02-09-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans-Cowboys can't play on Thanksgiving. Would be nice though.
Old 02-09-2010   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Texans-Cowboys can't play on Thanksgiving. Would be nice though.
Right it has to be at Jerryville. We can still hold out hope for Christmas night though.
Old 02-10-2010   #12
StevieWonder
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 StevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performer

I hope the Texans-Cowboys game is on Sunday so I won't have to skip too many classes the next day. That's assuming I can afford tickets at all...
StevieWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing:

Dallas
@Indy
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Skins on Monday night. Titans and Cowboys on Sunday. Or one of the SUnday games also on Monday/Thursday. Also, we will get flex scheduled.
Old 02-10-2010   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I'm guessing:

Dallas
@Indy
Yeah, pretty much. Dallas as the SNF and Indy as the MNF. Titans at home as a maybe on MNF (the game this year got good ratings). I can see the Redskins on a Thursday night, too.
Old 02-10-2010   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I see 1 game unless the Texans are blowing people away and get flexed later on in the season.
Old 02-10-2010   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

There's enough national buzz about the Texans being an up-and-coming team that I could see three, but after the way they performed in '09 on national TV, I say two.
Old 02-10-2010   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
There's enough national buzz about the Texans being an up-and-coming team that I could see three, but after the way they performed in '09 on national TV, I say two.
Huh? Every game they played in '09, week one against the Jets excepted, was close. The MNF game against the Titans sucked for us Texans fans, but it certainly did not suck for ESPN. That was a good game.

The schedule next season is very tough on paper, but it should increase the Texans' national exposure because there are a lot of enticing games for NBC, ESPN, and NFLN to choose from.

I voted two, but I think it could actually be three.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably none

Unless we get one early in the year.

The Texans record wont be good enough to get a prime time game late in the year. IMO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say three. I could see the Dallas game, a divisional game (probably Indy), and possibly a third game against one of Eagles/Giants/Chargers/Ravens/Jets/Broncos. Houston has one of the toughest schedules next year which means they will have a lot of games that could get national attention.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read