Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-09-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default The SB Was The Most Fairly Called Game I Saw All Season

It is to me. How about about you? I did not see many bad clls or noncalls.
Old 02-09-2010   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The SB Was The Most Fairly Called Game I Saw All Season

I thought the same thing. It was a very well-reffed game, IMO.
Old 02-09-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No star calls for either QB and the two point call was great.
Old 02-09-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt that the referees just let them play football and the teams responded by playing clean yet hard hitting all the way. It was refreshing.
Old 02-09-2010   #5
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

agree totally

I loved the way that game was officiated and wish they would all be officiated as such - it's football. Let em play it...
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #6
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree well reffed now can we get those refs for a couple of games
Old 02-10-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I felt that the referees just let them play football and the teams responded by playing clean yet hard hitting all the way. It was refreshing.
I agree. They kept their flags in their pockets for the most part. I like the crew's that just let'em play without being nit-picky.
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2010   #8
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so used to getting screwed by refs that I thought getting a PI call everytime jughead throws the ball was normal.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I said this in the game thread here and elsewhere. They let them play. The refs were non-factors, the way it should be. It also made the game quicker.
Old 02-10-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
I'm so used to getting screwed by refs that I thought getting a PI call everytime jughead throws the ball was normal.
Ha Ha Ha! I agree.

At work I have a friend that is a Cowboy fan. We brought up the Colts from time to time and I would always tell him about how it seems as if the NFL does everything to help their poster child Peyton Manning. He started watching their games and when we played them he said he could see what I was talking about especially after that bogus 35 yard PI penalty against Jacques Reeves in our first matchup.

When they lost the Super Bowl the first thing he tells me when we walk into work is that it was funny how Indy looked the most vulnerable as they have all season when the game was called fairly and there were no bogus PI penalties that bailed them out of bad 3rd downs.

We both started talking about how the NFL may have been a little ticked at Indy for throwing their final two games and not going for an undefeated season so they decided they would call the game fair.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

It seems like there is a plan in place to have the best of to best teams make it to the game and then call the SB fair and sqare.
Old 02-10-2010   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I said this in the game thread here and elsewhere. They let them play. The refs were non-factors, the way it should be. It also made the game quicker.
The only call that stuck out to me was the review of the 2 point conversion. The Saints WR had the ball for less than 2 seconds, yet they reversed the call on the field to give him possession across the goal line. I didn't understand that call at all.
Old 02-10-2010   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The only call that stuck out to me was the review of the 2 point conversion. The Saints WR had the ball for less than 2 seconds, yet they reversed the call on the field to give him possession across the goal line. I didn't understand that call at all.
I think once the nose of the football crosses the goal line and a limb/body part is done then the play is over. He probably holds onto the football if it had not been kicked out of his hand anyway.
Old 02-10-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think once the nose of the football crosses the goal line and a limb/body part is done then the play is over. He probably holds onto the football if it had not been kicked out of his hand anyway.
Yeah, but he didn't have control. That means he should not have be awarded the forward progress beyond the line.

I know I've seen a lot of plays where WRs are falling to the ground in the end zone and they can't hang onto it, which isn't awarded as a TD.

Here's the play, you be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0l9VqG1NM

----Edit-----

There's a topic on this already:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69447
Old 02-10-2010   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, but he didn't have control. That means he should not have be awarded the forward progress beyond the line.

I know I've seen a lot of plays where WRs are falling to the ground in the end zone and they can't hang onto it, which isn't awarded as a TD.

Here's the play, you be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0l9VqG1NM

----Edit-----

There's a topic on this already:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69447
There was a juggle I agree but no part of the football touched the ground and then on the second act he had full control by NFL rule that is a catch only because of the second act.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read