Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-09-2010   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Video from a N.O. bar during Porter's game-clinching pick six

This was on PFT but I didn't see it posted here. Apologies if it already is.

(I guess we can't embed video?)

Here's the link.

Amazing. Man, I'm so, so jealous.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Video from a N.O. bar during Porter's game-clinching pick six

Wow.

Holy cow.

Excited much? LOL.

May we feel this same feeling in the near future.
Old 02-09-2010   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW! My whole body got goose bumps watching that video.

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be a fan whose team is winning the big game. 43 years in Houston, the majority of them as a football fan of hometown teams, and I just can't even create the imagination of what the experience must be like.

I'm still a bit shocked as a casual bystander, to be honest. I mean, the Saints won the Super Bowl. The New Orleans Saints just won a world championship. It's mind-boggling (in a good way), because I always felt a sort of kinship with Saints fans since both of our cities were always on the outside looking in. My whole life the Saints were pretty much "that team" until only recently, and now it's just surreal.

I'm happy for them. That was an awesome win and it's got to feel good after 40+ years of futility. They deserve it and it was a long time coming.

I just hope I get to feel it in my lifetime. Sometimes it seems like it ain't ever gonna' happen, though, but I keep hope alive. Anything is possible any given season....right?
Old 02-09-2010   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

That was freaking amazing.. That is what it's all about.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

... and not one single drop of alcohol was dropped in the video. Those are professionals, folks.

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

At the party I was at, someone spilled a fresh new glass of wine all over the floor. No one cared to pick it up for a good couple of minutes (this was during the Porter TD).
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I've only had one time where i've experienced something even close to what they just experienced, and that was when the stros won the pennant in 2005. I was never around for the luv ya blue days, and wasn't a cowgirl fan growing up either, so football wise, hopefully my time and our time as Texans fans is coming.
Old 02-10-2010   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I've only had one time where i've experienced something even close to what they just experienced, and that was when the stros won the pennant in 2005. I was never around for the luv ya blue days, and wasn't a cowgirl fan growing up either, so football wise, hopefully my time and our time as Texans fans is coming.
That was the only time I was going to say that I experienced that as well. When the Stros won against the Cards to go to the World Series, I remember being down town at Zula and we were out on the streets high fiving every single car that went by. Then as I walked down the street I entered a Mosh Pit and had a blast. That was a night I'll never forget, but boy did that parade end quickly.

In those Rockets years, I had a blast and all, but I was only in Junior High, so I wasn't able to go out and party in those days.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was fortunate enough to be in Houston for two weeks during the Rockets first Championship. A time I will never forget. The Astros in St. louis was personally more gratifying but here in Austin there was no party to speak of that I knew. We are due.

I can't top the first vid that started this thread but this one got me smiling.....and jealous. I saw this the night of the SB. Apparenty this was when Thomas got in the end zone for the Saints first lead.

http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=83772792&sec=554827

Can't watch that stuff without a smile.
Old 02-10-2010   #10
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

One day...it'll happen here I hope. We sure know how it feels the other way though that's for sure.
Old 02-10-2010   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That was the only time I was going to say that I experienced that as well. When the Stros won against the Cards to go to the World Series, I remember being down town at Zula and we were out on the streets high fiving every single car that went by. Then as I walked down the street I entered a Mosh Pit and had a blast. That was a night I'll never forget, but boy did that parade end quickly.

In those Rockets years, I had a blast and all, but I was only in Junior High, so I wasn't able to go out and party in those days.
Yeah, with the Astros, I was at home and couldn't do the partying thing (I was in 9th grade). Hopefully the Texans win it all soon. Can't wait to experience that in Houston.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be a fan whose team is winning the big game. 43 years in Houston, the majority of them as a football fan of hometown teams, and I just can't even create the imagination of what the experience must be like.

I'm still a bit shocked as a casual bystander, to be honest. I mean, the Saints won the Super Bowl. The New Orleans Saints just won a world championship. It's mind-boggling (in a good way), because I always felt a sort of kinship with Saints fans since both of our cities were always on the outside looking in. My whole life the Saints were pretty much "that team" until only recently, and now it's just surreal.

I'm happy for them. That was an awesome win and it's got to feel good after 40+ years of futility. They deserve it and it was a long time coming.

I just hope I get to feel it in my lifetime. Sometimes it seems like it ain't ever gonna' happen, though, but I keep hope alive. Anything is possible any given season....right?
The closest I could get to it is imagining the feeling I had during the Rockets first championship. It's not that second one was any less enjoyable, just that it seemed possible before it happened. The first one didn't really. I just remember being filled with this feeling of "YESSSSSS" and then I just couldn't stop smiling. I'm only about 1/16th as interested or passionate about basketball (or baseball) as I am about football so I doubt that's a good comparison but (as I'm sure you well know) that's all I've got to go on. Hopefully someday we'll all know what it feels like to win the Super Bowl.

I've got a co-worker who's a huge Saints fan. He had taken Monday off anyway but he showed up here at 7AM anyway having not slept all night and dressed in full Saints fan-gear. He walked the entire floor from one end to the other screaming "NEW ORLEANS SAINTS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!" in all the Texans and Cowboys fans faces and then went right out the door and home to crash.
Hervoyel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I was fortunate enough to be in Houston for two weeks during the Rockets first Championship. A time I will never forget. The Astros in St. louis was personally more gratifying but here in Austin there was no party to speak of that I knew. We are due.

I can't top the first vid that started this thread but this one got me smiling.....and jealous. I saw this the night of the SB. Apparenty this was when Thomas got in the end zone for the Saints first lead.

http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=83772792&sec=554827

Can't watch that stuff without a smile.
Yup. Being a Cowboy fan I have been that excited for a SB win as a kid and been at parties when great stuff happened. Some of my best times have been during those games, especially the 92-93 win...patchy memory loss the second half of that Bills game..lol

But I also moved here in 93 and my first 2 years here were Clutch City days. The city used to shut down on playoff game days and everyone found a bar. When the Kiss of Death happened with Junkyard Dog it was nuts. I also remember after the first championship being at Volcanos and people pouring beer on each others head. The streets were nuts and cops just basically let evertything go.
Old 02-10-2010   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nick Anderson bricking 4 free-throws in a row got pretty damn hectic at my parents house. I wasn't old enough to drink but I was heavily invested in the Rockets at the time.

OJ running during game 5 of the Knicks/Rockets finals just really put a damper on the whole mood during that game.
Old 02-10-2010   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Couldn't have said it better, DB. There have been times I truly think this town is cursed when comes to NFL football.
Old 02-10-2010   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Yup. Being a Cowboy fan I have been that excited for a SB win as a kid and been at parties when great stuff happened.
I was in San Francisco in school when the Cowboys went in '92. They hated the Cowboys almost as much as folks around here so everyone was cheering for the Bills. They were ecstatic after the Bills went up by 7 on that special teams play and then it was all downhill for them from there. True joy being in a room of haters watching your team win.
Old 02-10-2010   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I was in San Francisco in school when the Cowboys went in '92. They hated the Cowboys almost as much as folks around here so everyone was cheering for the Bills. They were ecstatic after the Bills went up by 7 on that special teams play and then it was all downhill for them from there. True joy being in a room of haters watching your team win.
That must have been great. I must say, despite the loss, being at that Minny playoff game this year was a fun experience. I'd like to see a win in enemy territory like that. It was a heightened experience being the enemy there. Those first 2 Bills SBs, as I said, were experienced at parties with massive amounts of Cowboy fans...Ft. Worth and Houston and some of them were blurs by the 4th but incredible days with cookouts and beer.
Old 02-10-2010   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Nick Anderson bricking 4 free-throws in a row got pretty damn hectic at my parents house. I wasn't old enough to drink but I was heavily invested in the Rockets at the time.

OJ running during game 5 of the Knicks/Rockets finals just really put a damper on the whole mood during that game.
I would have imagined that the Rockets and Knicks game 7 was similar to what was seen in that bar footage when Maxwell his that big 3 pointer to ice the game. That pretty much put the dagger in the heart of the Knicks. I was at Rice basketball camp when that happened and watched that one. It was great and all, but it would have been nothing like being at a bar as an adult.

I remember the next season running down the street around the neighborhood with our brooms in hand after we swept the Magic. Man, that was a great feeling!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #19
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would have imagined that the Rockets and Knicks game 7 was similar to what was seen in that bar footage when Maxwell his that big 3 pointer to ice the game. That pretty much put the dagger in the heart of the Knicks. I was at Rice basketball camp when that happened and watched that one. It was great and all, but it would have been nothing like being at a bar as an adult.

I remember the next season running down the street around the neighborhood with our brooms in hand after we swept the Magic. Man, that was a great feeling!
I remember watching that game at Big Woodrow's and then walking to Richmond Ave with everyone else with our brooms...man good memories.
Old 02-12-2010   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

didn't Kenny Smith hit the big three pointer at the end? I could be wrong, just seem to recall him hitting a big shot. May have been in the Orlando series though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read