Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2010   #1
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans to win 12 games in 2010?

NFL Scout Daniel Jeremiah of movethesticks.com had this to say on his Twitter page today:

I believe this next season will be the breakthrough year for the Texans... Experience will catch up to their talent and they win 12 games

And his rebuttal to the rebuttal:

RT @BBSFLcommish: Everyone says the same thing every year about the Texans.>> not me, I said they would win 8 or 9 this year

Source: http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

Jeremiah knows his stuff, and his predictions have always been insightful and reasonable.

So what do guys think? Owen Daniels will be back. Things will start clicking. Do we win 12 games against the hardest schedule in the NFL?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #2
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to win 12 games in 2010?

I think that it is quite possible, but it will be largely dependent on the players we add through FA and the draft. We have a couple of holes to fill still, like RB, the O-line and the secondary. If we can get at least some adequate players in those positions then I think we could be tough to beat.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

We wouldve won atleast 10 or 11 if it wasnt for OD breaking his knee. We were 5-3 with him (and we were playing our best football with him) and went on that ugly 4 game loosing streak. I think we had learned how to use him very well thats why we won 3 in a row. After he was gone, it was like they were almost confused and lost the next four. If we can just get A.J, J.J, O.D, and Matt at 100% I don't know what can stop us. Hopefully our run game will be patched up so that we could hold on to a 21-0 lead >.>
Old 02-08-2010   #4
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Do we win 12 games against the hardest schedule in the NFL?
I'm going with no. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll improve upon our 9-7 record and get a wild card spot next year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #6
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We'll improve upon our 9-7 record and get a wild card spot next year.
Our division games are always close. I think we can win it.

Our needs also include a kicker. If we had one that could perform under pressure this season, we'd be in the playoffs.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #7
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Texans should set 9-7 as the baseline next year (although I'll predict 10-6 next year depending on the results of the draft and free agency)
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2010   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll be somewhere around 8-8 next season. But with that schedule we'll be the best 8-8 team in the league (where have I heard that before)

This past season was the year to make the playoffs, Houston blew it. Next season we're playing just about every dominant DT/NT in the league and Schaub could very well end up missing games again if things don't get better up front.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Texans are a very similar team to the Saints last year, not as explosive as that offense (I blame the interior OL!!!) but a better defense. Lost a lot of close games but maybe that's a good experience for us moving towards next year?
Old 02-08-2010   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think we'll be somewhere around 8-8 next season. But with that schedule we'll be the best 8-8 team in the league (where have I heard that before)

This past season was the year to make the playoffs, Houston blew it. Next season we're playing just about every dominant DT/NT in the league and Schaub could very well end up missing games again if things don't get better up front.
I agree with this sentiment, this team has to get tough on the interiors on both sides of the ball if they're going to win games against all those tough teams on the schedule.

However I think if we do upgrade our interiors we'll be on the same level of competitiveness with the NFC East, Chargers, Jets, Ravens etc. We have an explosive offense even with a week interior and our defense over-compensated for having poor DT play well enough to be an above average unit this year.

We're right on the cusp but I agree if we ignore these spots we're looking at many more 8-8's.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I agree with this sentiment, this team has to get tough on the interiors on both sides of the ball if they're going to win games against all those tough teams on the schedule.

However I think if we do upgrade our interiors we'll be on the same level of competitiveness with the NFC East, Chargers, Jets, Ravens etc. We have an explosive offense even with a week interior and our defense over-compensated for having poor DT play well enough to be an above average unit this year.

We're right on the cusp but I agree if we ignore these spots we're looking at many more 8-8's.
MK5,

Co-sign.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

True. I think we will get better though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #13
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

It will probably be more like 11-7 or 7-11!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Our division games are always close. I think we can win it.

Our needs also include a kicker. If we had one that could perform under pressure this season, we'd be in the playoffs.
I think this hurt us more than anything. Wish we had a kicker like Hartley. Right down the middle on all of his FGs since the NFC Championship game winner.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

When Manning threw that interception he sent a message. The Texan Era...begins NOW.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

A 12 win prediction already? Welp! It looks like we're going to be cursed again in '10.
Old 02-09-2010   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
A 12 win prediction already? Welp! It looks like we're going to be cursed again in '10.
Take it easy. It was brought up by someonelse not anyone here.

I do wonder what this dude would've had to say about our record and what he thinks about our coaching staff though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

If that prediction were to come true, then you might as well pencil in the Texans as next year's Lombardi Trophy winners because 12-4 with that schedule is something only a championship team could pull off.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just going to start agreeing with everything I read here for the rest of the offseason, even though that means I will contradict myself on a consistent basis.

It's just easier that way. So, yep, sure we will 12 games.
Old 02-09-2010   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think our schedule next year is as bad as some people make out. And you never really know when some team is going to break out and have a great year or when a supposedly good team is going to collapse.

I don't think the NFC East is as tough as a lot of people may think. Every team in that division was 2-2 against non-conference opponents and their non-conference opponents were the AFC West (Chargers, Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs.)

The Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles are all good teams but they're all beatable. The Redskins? Who knows. Shanahan may be able to turn them around or they could be a total freakshow next season as they try to re-tool for a ZBS offense. I think we at least win 2 of those games, possibly 3.

We're also going to be going against the AFC West and I think we're better than at least 3 of those teams.

I think we do better in our division next year and go at least 3-3.

That's 9 wins right there. I think our team is going to be improved next year and I think we'll be able to split with the Ravens/Jets. That gives us 10 wins.

So, I expect 10 wins. If we get some bad bounces of the balls, I'll go 9. If we have multiple injuries to star players, we could do worse. If some of the teams we're playing have injuries to star players, we could do better. But 10 is what I'm expecting.

I don't know if that will be good enough to get into the playoffs but I think it will be.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read