Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-08-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ:Texans draft watch: RB Joique Bell

Quote:
Continuing our draft watch series, let's take a look at senior running back Joique Bell from Wayne State (Detroit).

The Texans primary needs entering the 2010 draft are at running back, free safety, interior offensive lineman, defensive tackle and cornerback assuming Dunta Robinson leaves in free agency.

Bell's draft ranking may not settle down until after the scouting combine. Current projections have him going anywhere from third to seventh round with a current 'most likely' estimate centered around the fourth round.

From most reports, Bell had a good week at Senior Bowl practice. He had a relatively quiet 8 carries for 22 yards in the game, with his highlight play being an 11 yard run off tackle right on the game's first drive. Bell took a hard shot from Taylor Mays at the end of the run, but he hung on to the ball and managed to spin for a few extra yards. Bell also had a good extra-effort play later in the game when he took a screen pass, eluded a tackle for loss and made a first down.

One obvious concern about Bell is the level of competition in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. There are no Mercyhursts, Findlays, Ashlands or Tiffins in the NFL, although Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News points out that Titans WR Nate Washington came from Tiffin and Chargers standout WR Vincent Jackson came from D-II Northern Colorado. Plus, our own Jacoby Jones came from Div-II Lane College.

But fair or not, Bell carries that element of risk and to expect him to come into the NFL and carry the load (or at least a major part of the load) during his rookie season may be expecting too much.
http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Housto...RB-Joique-Bell
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ:Texans draft watch: RB Joique Bell

this is an interesting guy....he fits. Never seen him play. Don't know if he can block. But I wouldn't be surprised Saturday morning if we don't pick him. His numbers match. And the descriptions I've seen of him ( all everything, great hands, over 210 ) makes me believe he could work in our offense. Always the question: how bad does he want it ?
Old 02-12-2010   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
this is an interesting guy....he fits. Never seen him play. Don't know if he can block. But I wouldn't be surprised Saturday morning if we don't pick him. His numbers match. And the descriptions I've seen of him ( all everything, great hands, over 210 ) makes me believe he could work in our offense. Always the question: how bad does he want it ?
Agreed and had him on an earlier mock late rounds. Not sure if I'd gamble on anything higher than a 5th. If I get a power back like I want, probably would go no higher than a 6 as Gerhart (or Dwyer,Dixon) and Foster are enough.
Old 02-22-2010   #4
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover

Steal of the draft.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...wski?id=497240

Might want to add one on this guy. With two in the bank from last year I doubt we'd take him. Good thing Kubes is not there in person is all I'll say about that. Chucky collected QBs. I believe Kubes has an appetite for TE's. This guy passes the eye ball test. Don't know if he can play at the next level. But he passes Tarzan 101.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read