Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-07-2010   #1
Rush23
Rookie

Rep Power: 73 Rush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First Madden 11 News/Video Blog

They released the first news on Madden 11 during halftime of the super bowl. It was a Madden 11 Development Video blog by the guys who make the game. Check it out

http://www.virtualsportsnet.com/2010...11-video-blog/
Rush23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010   #2
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Madden 11 News/Video Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush23 View Post
They released the first news on Madden 11 during halftime of the super bowl. It was a Madden 11 Development Video blog by the guys who make the game. Check it out

http://www.virtualsportsnet.com/2010...11-video-blog/
I will not purchase any of EA's sports games until they make one Madden game that carriers over 2-3 real seasons. I would buy a 60 dollar game and then spend money on DLC updates, but I wont shell out 60 bucks every year for minor improvements and new rosters.
Old 02-07-2010   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I will not purchase any of EA's sports games until they make one Madden game that carriers over 2-3 real seasons. I would buy a 60 dollar game and then spend money on DLC updates, but I wont shell out 60 bucks every year for minor improvements and new rosters.
it's a shame they make bushels of money doing it the way they do.
Old 02-07-2010   #4
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Madden has yet to beat ESPN NFL 2k5 (imo). Its sickening how they charge $60 for only updated rosters...and maybe some gimmick added here and there. If you guys have an xbox/xbox 360, I suggest you guys pick up 2k5 for $1 and download updated rosters for that game made by hardcore fans.

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010   #5
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Madden has yet to beat ESPN NFL 2k5 (imo). Its sickening how they charge $60 for only updated rosters...and maybe some gimmick added here and there. If you guys have an xbox/xbox 360, I suggest you guys pick up 2k5 for $1 and download updated rosters for that game made by hardcore fans.

I still play NFL2K on my Dreamcast and it was the best football experience
Old 02-07-2010   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I have that game lying around somewhere. Kinda sad that even that game is more enjoyable to play then Madden.
Old 02-07-2010   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Madden got way, way worse when it jumped from Xbox/PS2 to the 360/PS3.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2010   #8
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Yeah, and they just recently extended their contract with the NFL to 2013. So I don't see the Madden games getting any better anytime soon. Without any competition they don't have to even try anymore with their games.

You guys should checkout Backbreaker though. It looks really nice, and while it won't have NFL teams in it...I've heard the customization options will be really advanced so you'll be able to make all 32 teams.

http://www.backbreakergame.com/
Old 02-07-2010   #9
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

....LOL, that's why you wait till: the kids who buy are done or bored with it and buy it from them for 20 bucks, or Gamestop...
Old 02-07-2010   #10
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you know how to get Roster update on ps3?
Old 02-08-2010   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

I'm not all too familiar with how it is done on the ps3. All these roster updates are done by people who are passionate about the game. Most of the support has been geared towards the 360 simply because its easier to do. But I do remember reading about a method to update rosters for the playstation version of 2k5.

Check out these forums, you may be able to find out how to do it there. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-2k5-rosters/

*EDIT* The 2k5 roster site also has a ps2/ps3 page. I think it was recently added because I don't remember seeing it before.

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/2k5playstationrosters.html
Old 02-08-2010   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The steps seem kinda difficult.

How to transfer rosters onto 360....
*IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED NFL 2K5 ON YOUR 360 BEFORE:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF NFL 2K5 GAMESAVE ON YOUR XBOX360 HD (ex. save your VIP or settings just so you have the nfl2k5
folder on your harddrive that you can open later on when you transfer roster to your harddrive)*
1) hook up hard drive to your computer using transfer cable
2) download roster file
3) click Open roster file
4) unzip file ( to do this click "extract all files" in folder tasks which is on left side of window. extraction wizard will pop up. hit next, next, then finish. A
new window will open up with the unzipped files. You will use these extracted files to drag and drop)
5) double click to open UDATA folder
6) double click to open next folder (should say something like "53450030")
7) there you will see a single folder labeled with numbers and letters and 4 .xbx files. ALL YOU NEED IS THE NUMBERED FOLDER. NOT THE .xbx
FILES. THAT FOLDER IS THE ONLY THING YOU WILL DRAG onto the 360 hard drive....
8) Open the "xport 360/xplorer360" or w.e program you have, depending on what transfer cable your using.
9) A window will come up and you will select your HDD (it will most likely come up as "Device 1: XBox 360 Hard Disk Drive Size 20.00 GB) and then
click "OK" or "OPEN"
10) Now select "Xbox 360 Devices Connected to My Computer"
11) then select "device 1:xbox 360 hard disk drive size 20.00 gb"
12) select: partition 3> compatability> xbox1> UDATA> 53450030 (this is why you needed a gamesave, that is the nfl 2k5 gamesave)
13)Finally drag the folder mentioned in step 6 to the right side of the window with all the other gamesaves listed. (It should automatically drop in
and copy into the HD)
Put the harddrive back on you 360, load the game, go to settings, and load the new save. Enjoy!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

It seems difficult at first, but when your actually doing it its really simple. The only "hard" part is getting the cable to connect the xbox harddrive to your pc.

You can get it for free if you call up Microsoft.

Quote:
The third cable is the Microsoft HDD transfer cable which is free. In order to get this you will need to call 1800-4my-xbox and ask them to send you the cable through mail. I know many people have had a hard time getting xbox to send it to them because the purpose of these cables are to transfer your files from the 20gb HDD to the 120gb HDD. Sometimes they ask for proof of purchase but i know people that have gotten it sent to them no problem. People who purchase a bigger HDD for their 360 are the ones who need this cable.
When I called them up, I told them I bought a larger hard-drive on ebay and the person didn't include the transfer cable. They bought the story and within a week or so I had the cable .

Download either Xplorer360 or Xport360 , both are pretty similar, Xport360 is just better supported while Xplorer is more simple to use. The steps you posted will become MUCH more clear once you have one of those two programs installed.
Old 03-10-2010   #14
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

For the love of God, please end EA's exclusive contract with the NFL. Biggest load of horse shite.
Old 03-10-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I proudly hacked my Xbox to play the EA rubber stamp games each year they come out. NFL 2007-10 have nearly no difference at all. NCAA 2007-10 have almost no differences, but in 2010 I did learn who Erin Andrews was. Never heard of her before and I still don't care, but they must have paid her a lot to do all those movies talking about your star player.

I can't give money to EA games because I don't like encouraging them to monopolize the gaming markets. I still can't believe they got an exclusive contract with the NFL. Those 2K games were fun.
Old 03-10-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

2K5 was an awesome game. Loved to bull doze people with power backs. It doesn't have the same effect on Madden. Was a crock when the exclusive right were signed.
Old 03-10-2010   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
For the love of God, please end EA's exclusive contract with the NFL. Biggest load of horse shite.
No doubt. I wish they would bring back MVP Baseball too.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
You know EA almost had the exclusive rights to the NBA, till the NBA realized how much more money they would make by letting more then one developer make basketball games.
Old 03-10-2010   #19
Blake
MMQB

If you are lookin to get Madden 11 but only wanna pay $40. This might be the deal for you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Madden-11-...x-360/13437625
Old 03-10-2010   #20
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Kind of off topic, but a contest is going on right now sponsored by Doritos. Basically vote each day for who you want on the cover of Madden 11 (will be Brees for sure) and you get a chance to win some EA games or a ticket to go to the NFL Draft.

Good luck everyone .

http://doritoschangethegame.com/index.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read