Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-18-2010   #61
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Errr - a blog about radio personalities from a guy I thought stunk, was a glorified regular caller, and ended up getting fired?

(I stand corrected if I am wrong about that).

The whole sexy traffic thing has GOT to go. It has gotten way beyond creepy.
I agree on the sexy traffic...what kind of woman goes for that image...I was listening on Friday and was thinking is she a hoe? lol. But I guess that the slutty image is in now....
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #62
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I agree on the sexy traffic...what kind of woman goes for that image...I was listening on Friday and was thinking is she a hoe? lol. But I guess that the slutty image is in now....
As with my opinion of a certain Houston journalist - if sex is what lands you into your position, I will NEVER respect you (which differs from someone who did something when they were younger years before their job).

But all these creepy ass callers calling in and talking about the video of her makes me shiver. Then the hosts joke about what those guys do to themselves while watching the video *shivers more*

Wow - I am opinionated today, lol.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #63
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Errr - a blog about radio personalities from a guy I thought stunk, was a glorified regular caller, and ended up getting fired?

(I stand corrected if I am wrong about that).

*edit* I skimmed the blog. As someone who doesn't care about sport talk radio hosts opinions on most things other than sports, I certainly don't care about a bunch of regular sports show callers opinions on the same things. I'll be nice to the blog and say while not for me, I am glad you enjoy it. (A 6 page small font article on weight loss from a sports radio show caller, come on!)

Well see Craig is a close personal friend of mine. If you ever got a chance to meet him, and sit and talk with him you would see that he is a very kind hearted, and super nice guy. When my Nephew was laid up in the hospital after his car accident he came to visit him almost every day.

As far as him getting "fired" from 610 there is a lot more to the story that people don't know, but I wont go into details. Lets just say it wasn't all his fault.

Hes just a sports radio junkie, that likes to voice his opinions on how he sees the local sports talk industry in Houston.

I'm not gonna knock you for your opinion, everyone is different and has different views on things. Its all good bro.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #64
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Callers....

Freddy in Richmond. I can't stand that loser. I heard him call every show out there. All of them. I heard him on an overnight nat'l show puking up things that Rich Lord said earlier in the day.

He calls the fishin' show. I was listening to Randy Lemmon earlier today and was thinking "I bet even he won't call the gardenline" and he did!!

And I am with Ryan on the callers that beg for jobs when they call in and those that tyr to run with that status. The Block Party got canned because of ratings. Craig may be a good guy (I know he is as he tried to promote kids stuff) but there's a reason he's not on the air. And how could you ever take anyone semi-seriously that calls himself Lesbian? It's just foolish.

Brad In Spring Branch....I am trying to think of a bigger buffoon. If one comes to mind I'll post it.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #65
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Thanks for the headsup on that. I'll make sure to leave my radio off the next time I roll to SA.
Tune to ESPN 1250 The Zone. They're the official sports station of the Houston Texans in SA and the Chris and Jason show is actually pretty good. Ticket 760 with host Mike Taylor is just awful! Think of one of those annoying Cowboy fans that are beyond obnoxious....then give them a microphone and that's what it is.
Old 04-18-2010   #66
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

My list in order:

1. Josh Innes
2. John Lopez
3. Rich Lord
4. Carl Dukes
5. Brad Davies
6. Barry Warner

Notice how many are on 610? Carl Dukes would be number 2 if he were actually on a station I listened to....

I actually like Marc, despite his homerism, but I stopped listening when they brought John Lopez over and brought in Josh Innes.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #67
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Well see Craig is a close personal friend of mine. If you ever got a chance to meet him, and sit and talk with him you would see that he is a very kind hearted, and super nice guy.
I have, and he did seem really nice Doesn't mean I enjoy him on the radio, though.

In Summary, I think the ONLY Houston person NO ONE hates is CP
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2010   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have, and he did seem really nice Doesn't mean I enjoy him on the radio, though.

Well Yankee ................

Old 04-18-2010   #69
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Tune to ESPN 1250 The Zone. They're the official sports station of the Houston Texans in SA and the Chris and Jason show is actually pretty good. Ticket 760 with host Mike Taylor is just awful! Think of one of those annoying Cowboy fans that are beyond obnoxious....then give them a microphone and that's what it is.
+2 man!MT is the suck of suck!Him and this dude named Jim Bob are Cowboy knob polishers.He calls himself a Spurs fan but,you can tell he pulls for the Mavs.He also flip flops back and forth being a Stros fan and a Rangers fan.Anyway the C&J show is a helluva lot better,they are Cowboy fans but,they do talk about the Texans.In fact they will be at Reliant for the second day of the draft.

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #70
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, I gotcha bro. Different strokes for different folks.

Count me in, not much of a fan of "Mr. Google" CP.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #71
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how you can not like Pallilo. The guy really doesn't strike me as a hater (like Gwinn does) but he does, very often, present the viewpoint of somebody who doesn't root for the Texans, but in a non-childish way. He's also ridiculously respectful to his callers.

Josh Innes is ridiculous and so is Gwinn. Almost everything on 1560 is on the bad side, and it's pretty sad that the best show on 610 is Jim Rome by far.
Old 04-18-2010   #72
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't see how you can not like Pallilo. The guy really doesn't strike me as a hater (like Gwinn does) but he does, very often, present the viewpoint of somebody who doesn't root for the Texans, but in a non-childish way. He's also ridiculously respectful to his callers.

Josh Innes is ridiculous and so is Gwinn. Almost everything on 1560 is on the bad side, and it's pretty sad that the best show on 610 is Jim Rome by far.
Yep ... those two genuises that I've never heard of , know everything . Then to boot , all the other guys just like him start calling in . Sounds like half his audience are Titan fans , so I turn the dial .
Old 04-18-2010   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Well Yankee ................

You really have a fixation on Lady Gaga....
Old 04-19-2010   #74
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Lady Gaga?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You really have a fixation on Lady Gaga....
I'm not the one who started the Lady Gaga talk . Didn't she go to Ohio State ?
Old 04-21-2010   #75
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Sean and John on 1560 during the afternoon really are bad...no charisma, no hook, and no substance... one is on there because he's witty and won a few 'Smack Offs' on Jim Rome so I guess that makes him radio worthy, and the other is just there because he's Zierlein's homeboy from the Richmond, TX that basically peaked in high school sports and still resting on those laurels...
You've obviously never heard Sean do his Good Ol' JR impersonations Manny! Sean and John are awesome. Outside of LZ, John Harris is the most knowledgable football mind in the city. They are really good and very entertaining imo. The worst...Rich Lord, and its not even close.
Old 04-21-2010   #76
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lord doesn't even watch MNF live.

That tells you not really a football fan.

That he's the Texans sideline reporter says something.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #77
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
You've obviously never heard Sean do his Good Ol' JR impersonations Manny! Sean and John are awesome. Outside of LZ, John Harris is the most knowledgable football mind in the city. They are really good and very entertaining imo. The worst...Rich Lord, and its not even close.
I agree. Harris knows sports than most people out there. The guy lives to watch film and breaks down college and pro football as good as anyone. I also like Sean's takes on things. Both knowledgeable guys. Many must have listened once.
Old 04-22-2010   #78
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

That he's the Texans sideline reporter says something.
Because he's sexy? (LMAO)
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 04-22-2010   #79
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I agree. Harris knows sports than most people out there. The guy lives to watch film and breaks down college and pro football as good as anyone. I also like Sean's takes on things. Both knowledgeable guys. Many must have listened once.
I listen to them often, usually off and on everyday, and I'm not the biggest fan.

They're good when they're talking sports, but they try too hard to be funny a lot of the time and those parts of the show are unbearable. They don't have the chemistry and humor that LZ and John Grant do, so I wish they'd play to their strengths more and talks sports. That's not to say I want them to be Pallilo-esque, because things like The Hatchetman are radio gold, but I think they could do well by tipping the scales back toward more sports talk. If I want to listen to people try (and fail) to be funny, I'd find 610 and make it a preset on my dial again.

Also, I must say, the more I hear the Mighty Gwen, the more awful he is. He's your classic sports shock jock, in the mold of Skip Bayless. On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is "The Monsters of the Mid-Day" and 10 is LZ and JG, Gwen is a 0.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #80
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Dukes
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read