Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-09-2010   #41
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
BTW, is Jim Lord the DWI attorney???..........or is it John Lopez???

Its Gary Trichter.... lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality

John Lopez for stating that he believed that odds makers looked beyond things like popularity and hype. Really? That's their JOB - to get play on both sides of the line.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #43
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I don't really like anyone atm. I can't get 1560 most of the time.
i have trouble getting the signal in the city of bellaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Barry Warner. Not even close.
ah yes... warner. he sounds like he's trying desperately to come across as cool and better than most folks.. doesn't work half the time
Old 02-09-2010   #44
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i have trouble getting the signal in the city of bellaire.
It's spotty. Sometimes I can get it in Spring at 7:30 p.m. and sometimes I can't get get it at I45/I10 at 8a.m.

If it's bad enough that I only get to listen 2-3 days a week driving in during the week, and bad enough that numerous people mention on numerous forums that they don't get a signal, that the station needs to do something about it if they want to maximize their listenership.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #45
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I'll go with Josh Innes. I just can't stand him for some reason.
+1

That guy needs a clue. He is nothing but talk, and no substance.
Old 04-04-2010   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Sports Radio 610, All of the nutless wonders they have hired or kept.
Not one word of support out of any of them in Miami.

Saints Coach has Big Balls, they should take lessons.
Did I hear Joe on a 610 spot saying he loved Rich and Marc? Or was that a guy that sounded like Joe?

:stirpot
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 04-04-2010   #47
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't see this thread the first time around but one I can't stand that hasn't been mentioned is John Granato. LZ is awesome, but when Granato constantly talks over him it makes the show unlistenable at times.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2010   #48
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm ineligible to vote...

Old 04-04-2010   #49
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to listen to 610 since it's the only AM station that gets good reception. I can't stand Lopez or the afternoon show with "sexy traffic."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #50
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I think I'm ineligible to vote...

You ain't missing much

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I cringe when I turn on my truck and hear Vandamere and Lopez in the morning blathering on about chick flicks or hair gel or Lady Gaga or whatever other non-sports spewage that seems to occupy their minds. That's not sports talk radio. That's some kind of lame metrosexual gayfest, and for that, they get my vote as Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality.
Old 04-09-2010   #52
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I cringe when I turn on my truck and hear Vandamere and Lopez in the morning blathering on about chick flicks or hair gel or Lady Gaga or whatever other non-sports spewage that seems to occupy their minds. That's not sports talk radio. That's some kind of lame metrosexual gayfest, and for that, they get my vote as Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality.
Yep ... I'm getting back into music .
Old 04-12-2010   #53
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yep ... I'm getting back into music .
Lady Gaga?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 04-12-2010   #54
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Lady Gaga?
Yep ... Poker Face is my fav .
Old 04-16-2010   #55
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klg6...eature=popular
Old 04-16-2010   #56
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Lady Gaga?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klg6...eature=popular
Old 04-16-2010   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lady Gaga?
Quote:
Quote:
Earl!
Old 04-18-2010   #58
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
You guys should tune into Ticket 760 in San Antonio and then you will know what horrible sports radio is
Thanks for the headsup on that. I'll make sure to leave my radio off the next time I roll to SA.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #59
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

For all you sports radio fans you should check out Craig Shelton's (Lesbian Craig) blog here.

Its called Houston Media Watch, they analyze and give their opinions on all the local sports talk personalities, as well as sports in general, and music. Its a great site.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #60
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
For all you sports radio fans you should check out Craig Shelton's (Lesbian Craig) blog here.

Its called Houston Media Watch, they analyze and give their opinions on all the local sports talk personalities, as well as sports in general, and music. Its a great site.
Errr - a blog about radio personalities from a guy I thought stunk, was a glorified regular caller, and ended up getting fired?

(I stand corrected if I am wrong about that).

*edit* I skimmed the blog. As someone who doesn't care about sport talk radio hosts opinions on most things other than sports, I certainly don't care about a bunch of regular sports show callers opinions on the same things. I'll be nice to the blog and say while not for me, I am glad you enjoy it. (A 6 page small font article on weight loss from a sports radio show caller, come on!)

The whole sexy traffic thing has GOT to go. It has gotten way beyond creepy.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read