Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-08-2010   #21
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality

Lopez.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #22
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Houston's Worst Sports Radio Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Just out of curiosity, I tuned in to the "Mighty Gwinn" show today to see if he would relate the Saints SB win to the Texans, and he did. He is just a Texans hater, and seems to get his kicks out of ragging on them. The guy needs to make like an Italian and "get the fluck outta here"
Yeah his schtick is old already. "I'm going to get ratings by connecting every world and sporting event to the fact that I believe the Texans suck."
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #23
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Yeah his schtick is old already. "I'm going to get ratings by connecting every world and sporting event to the fact that I believe the Texans suck."
So your saying he's also a poster on this board?
Old 02-08-2010   #24
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
'Oh, and I will tell everyone I am doing them a favor and that I am a Texans prophet.'
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-08-2010   #25
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His schtick is successful only because 610 keeps opposing opinions regarding
the Texans off the air. Peter King and Baldinger's opinions regarding this team
are the ones 610 screens out. So, if they want Gwynn's show to fail, they need
to allow callers like Lamont to speak their minds.

It's not "Texans Hate." It's more of a venue to vent the anger caused by
juxtaposing the successful coaches hired during the tenure of Kubiak, with
Gary's annual falling "just short."

610 glosses over it. 790 doesn't. Tomayto, Tomahto.
Old 02-08-2010   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Quote:
'Oh, and I will tell everyone I am doing them a favor and that I am a Texans prophet.'
Sounds like a couple of posters around here.
Old 02-08-2010   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Except every time I've had his show on that's all he freakin' talks about. He bashes the Texans and then the callers call in and bash 610. Not riveting talk raido to my ears
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2010   #28
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Everybody in Austin radio (sorry, I had to throw it in). I haven't listened to Austin sportstalk in years and one guy on the radio is a good personal friend.
I actually like Erin Hogan and Dan Neal in the morning on the FM ESPN affilliate. It's nice to hear the opinion and insight of a real NFLer.

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #29
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL...the gwinn guy is that vocal tiny minority. The 95% with a clue just roll their eyes. I have thought about calling in on rain days just to jack with him He'd prolly hang up when I made sense.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #30
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, I tuned in to the "Mighty Gwinn" show today to see if he would relate the Saints SB win to the Texans, and he did. He is just a Texans hater, and seems to get his kicks out of ragging on them. The guy needs to make like an Italian and "get the fluck outta here"
Shocker. I listened to his show once and thats all I could stand. I want peole who are objective, who don't always side with the team, but he is far from that. He is just a blind hater who takes every shot he can. Jackson and Wexler were bad for the post game show, cause they made every game sound like a loss. I get being upset that a team didn't play all that well, but you can't say wins are all that matter when they play well and lose, then say it was sloppy bad football when they win.
Old 02-08-2010   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
LOL...the gwinn guy is that vocal tiny minority. The 95% with a clue just roll their eyes. I have thought about calling in on rain days just to jack with him He'd prolly hang up when I made sense.
If you can refute what Gwinn is saying you should give him a call.

Otherwise sit down relax and take a big ole sipp of the McNair Koolaid.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #32
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
His schtick is successful only because 610 keeps opposing opinions regarding
the Texans off the air. Peter King and Baldinger's opinions regarding this team
are the ones 610 screens out. So, if they want Gwynn's show to fail, they need
to allow callers like Lamont to speak their minds.

610 glosses over it. 790 doesn't. Tomayto, Tomahto.
Nah, you can disagree with a teams line all you want, but he looks for reasons to hate the team. That's not a guy who calls it like he sees it. It's a hater. There is a BIG difference. We just don't have anyone in Houston worth a warm **** to listen to.
Old 02-08-2010   #33
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If you can refute what Gwinn is saying you should give him a call.

Otherwise sit down relax and take a big ole sipp of the McNair Koolaid.
While I agree Kubes has been slow on the learning curve and 9-7 may have been a peak for him in Houston, I don't see how Tebo's pro life ad indicates that Houston, as a franchise, sucks.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-08-2010   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While I agree Kubes has been slow on the learning curve and 9-7 may have been a peak for him in Houston, I don't see how Tebo's pro life ad indicates that Houston, as a franchise, sucks.
Well ya see, Roe v. Wade originated here in Texas. Houston was once the Capitol of Texas and........... nevermind. No matter how I try to tie it all together, I can't.
Old 02-08-2010   #35
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never really understood the hate for him; he's a little tough on the Texans, probably more for shock-value than anything, but that's par for the course really, so it doesn't bother me. But, I caught a segment of his today and he was going on about the Saints' free agents. He mentions Bushrod and immediately dismisses him as "obviously untouchable," and then moves on to Jahri Evans and says, "Now there's a guy who's a guard who would do pretty good for you. You could get him for maybe a second and a fifth."

lol

I guess I never really disliked the guy because I didn't listen to him enough. Now I see why it's there.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #36
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well ya see, Roe v. Wade originated here in Texas. Houston was once the Capitol of Texas and........... nevermind. No matter how I try to tie it all together, I can't.
And that's why you don't have a radio show
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-08-2010   #37
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover

J lo
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #38
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Barry Warner. Not even close.
Old 02-08-2010   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

All of those stations/programs are so filled up with advertising time, I can hardly remember the names of all the in-between "blip" morons that most of the time aren't even talking about sports. BTW, is Jim Lord the DWI attorney???..........or is it John Lopez???
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't listen to sports talk radio very often but I guess I must be pretty forgiving about it. I don't really mind any of these guys too much. Frankly the worst part of all of their shows is listening to the stupid callers for me.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read