Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2010   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New HOF Inductees

These will be the newest members. Two were a lock... All well deserving.

1. Jerry Rice
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Russ Grimm
4. John Randle
5. Rickey Jackson
6. Dick Lebeau
7. Floyd Little

Cortez kennedy, Richard Dent, Dermontii Dawson, Shannon Sharpe, Andre Reed, Charles Haley, Roger Craig and Cris Carter did not get in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New HOF Inductees

Good to see John Randle in there.

Of the list not to make it Dent stands out in my mind and I was a huge fan of Chris Carter's although I am not sure he is HoF worthy.
Old 02-06-2010   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Cortez kennedy, Richard Dent, Dermontii Dawson, Shannon Sharpe, Andre Reed, Charles Haley, Roger Craig and Cris Carter did not get in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

...and Mr. Raider himself Tim Brown, maybe next year...

Anyways, congrats to the winners .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Richard Dent should get in, IDK why he isn't being voted in by the voters but he was one heck of a player.

Where is Ray Guy and Steve Tasker, doesn't the HoF have a section for special teams players?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard someone say they wouldn't vote in a couple receivers until Jerry was in.

All in all, I like the list. Dick LeBeau was the one I was rooting for the most. I'm glad Russ Grimm finally got in.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: New HOF Inductees

How come Floyd Little (Denver, RB) made it into the Hall of Fame, what did he do that was so special? Anyone want to fill in?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Floyd Little was exceptionally good on very bad teams..ran for alot of yards and played great special teams. I'm sure he's very deserving.

Great class of inductees.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2010   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Rickey Jackson may be the most overlooked player in sports history. the dude was on par with Lawrence Taylor for a few years yet no one really knows anything about him. insane.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Rickey Jackson may be the most overlooked player in sports history. the dude was on par with Lawrence Taylor for a few years yet no one really knows anything about him. insane.
Travesty. He was a helluva linebacker, but I'm sorry, Brazile is the best LB not in the HoF and deserves to be there.
Old 02-08-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Travesty. He was a helluva linebacker, but I'm sorry, Brazile is the best LB not in the HoF and deserves to be there.
Dr. Doom is one of the most overlooked
Old 02-08-2010   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow!! I would love to go to the HOF game this year and see JR get his due! Just might have to plan that!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
These will be the newest members. Two were a lock... All well deserving.
1. Jerry Rice...the man...the myth the LEGEND!

2. Emmitt Smith...Vugg 'em. Maybe NOW he'll learn to speak English.

3. Russ Grimm

4. John Randle

5. Rickey Jackson

6. Dick LeBeau It's about time.

7. Floyd Little

Cortez kennedy,

Richard Dent...MY MAN!

, Dermontii Dawson,

Shannon Sharpe, ...Dear God. They should have let him in so he and Emmit could give their speeches at the same time. I bet It'll sound like an Amos and Andy routine.

Andre Reed, ...I would have let him in.

Charles Haley,...Was a force to be reckoned with and WILL get in.

Roger Craig Needs to be there.

and Cris Carter ...will get in.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Dr. Doom is one of the most overlooked
Yep. I'm actually sort of pissed off about it this time. I can see LT and even Derrick Thomas. But that's it. Brazile defined the position that started getting stats after he left the game, and he was a complete badass at it. He'd be a HoF player if he played today. He was and is the prototypical 3-4 OLB, in terms of physical dimension, football IQ/instincts, and production. ROY, All-Pro his first 7 seasons, and All-Decade team.

Football writers are F&^%ing morons.
Old 02-08-2010   #14
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 40321 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
this

and to hear Skip Bayless just say he wasn't even the best LB on his team might be the most ignorant thing he has ever said - and that's saying a lot. He was better than Mills, Swilling, and Johnson.

RJ was unreal - just a beast

this is long overdue and he was a victim of some off-field, personal life controversy and some New Orleans sportswriter politics - but once national writers began paying attention and looked at his play, impact, and numbers - he made it

And I plan on being in Canton the day he's inaugurated

Major props for 57
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
this

and to hear Skip Bayless just say he wasn't even the best LB on his team might be the most ignorant thing he has ever said - and that's saying a lot. He was better than Mills, Swilling, and Johnson.

RJ was unreal - just a beast

this is long overdue and he was a victim of some off-field, personal life controversy and some New Orleans sportswriter politics - but once national writers began paying attention and looked at his play, impact, and numbers - he made it

And I plan on being in Canton the day he's inaugurated

Major props for 57
While I agree with you (and hate Skip Bayless), it's not a stretch to argue for either Sam Mills or Pat Swilling... That was just an incredible linebacking corps.
Old 02-08-2010   #16
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 40321 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
While I agree with you (and hate Skip Bayless), it's not a stretch to argue for either Sam Mills or Pat Swilling... That was just an incredible linebacking corps.
Swilling benefited most from having Jackson opposite him (i.e. see his career post-RJ; see Turnbull's numbers post-RJ). Swilling's skillset was not on the same level as RJ's. I think the only argument is whether or not he was better than Vaughan Johnson, tbh

Mills was the second best LB in that group - heart of a lion. I loved the Field Mouse - dude was amazing - absolutely loved him. But he wasn't better than RJ.

But RJ made that LB corps engine run. He was fast, agile, tough. He had a knack for forcing fumbles. He covered in the passing game well. He was a terrific sack artist. He played the run on the edge exceptionally. He really didn't have a weakness. There was no other LB in his era better than him other than LT.

Some homers will argue the RJ was better than LT... I don't think so, personally.

But I'm pretty confident that he was second to LT.

Joe Montana agrees...

"If there was anyone close to Lawrence Taylor, it was Rickey. He could cover backs, rush the passer. He was one of those guys you always worried about where they were. There weren't many guys we worried about on literally every play, but we treated Rickey just like we did LT.''
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
Swilling benefited most from having Jackson opposite him (i.e. see his career post-RJ; see Turnbull's numbers post-RJ). Swilling's skillset was not on the same level as RJ's. I think the only argument is whether or not he was better than Vaughan Johnson, tbh

Mills was the second best LB in that group - heart of a lion. I loved the Field Mouse - dude was amazing - absolutely loved him. But he wasn't better than RJ.

But RJ made that LB corps engine run. He was fast, agile, tough. He had a knack for forcing fumbles. He covered in the passing game well. He was a terrific sack artist. He played the run on the edge exceptionally. He really didn't have a weakness. There was no other LB in his era better than him other than LT.

Some homers will argue the RJ was better than LT... I don't think so, personally.

But I'm pretty confident that he was second to LT.

Joe Montana agrees...

"If there was anyone close to Lawrence Taylor, it was Rickey. He could cover backs, rush the passer. He was one of those guys you always worried about where they were. There weren't many guys we worried about on literally every play, but we treated Rickey just like we did LT.''
1.) His peers said the same sorts of things about Brazile.

2.) I think Mills made the defense run, but Jackson was clearly the best playmaker there. Mills was the field general type on D, and Jackson was the playmaking OLB. Therefore, I put them on par with each other, but with very different games.

Ryans and Cushing may very well develop into that type of duo (one can hope).
Old 02-08-2010   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
1. Jerry Rice...the man...the myth the LEGEND!

2. Emmitt Smith...Vugg 'em. Maybe NOW he'll learn to speak English.

3. Russ Grimm

4. John Randle

5. Rickey Jackson

6. Dick LeBeau It's about time.

7. Floyd Little

Cortez kennedy,

Richard Dent...MY MAN!

, Dermontii Dawson,

Shannon Sharpe, ...Dear God. They should have let him in so he and Emmit could give their speeches at the same time. I bet It'll sound like an Amos and Andy routine.

Andre Reed, ...I would have let him in.

Charles Haley,...Was a force to be reckoned with and WILL get in.

Roger Craig Needs to be there.

and Cris Carter ...will get in.
I don't care if Emmitt does his acceptance speech in pig Latin..I'm proud of him and all he accomplished. He wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to his football career. I think he'll do great.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #19
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7473 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Floyd Little should not be in the HOF...yes he was a spark on those Bronco teams but he only had an average career
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read