Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2010   #1
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover
Default LaDanian Tomlinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar54 View Post
According to NFL.com, Tomlinson says that he expects to be released by the chargers sooner rather than later.

I believe its upsetting to see that one of the best players in recent history have to move on from his original franchise.

I read a few of the comments that were listed and alot of people think he wants to come back home to finish his career since he played for TCU. I think Dallas would be an interesting fit since they are already stacked at the running back position.

A few comments were made that he would come to a young, promising Houston team because of our "poor" running back situation.

Although I wouldn't mind him in the backfield and maybe a redzone or goal line back, I'm afraid it would end up like another Ahman Green situation. I'll say pass but it took a while for me....thoughts?

LT on the Texans would be a good thing in my opinion. He can help develop other running backs possibly Slaton? And he is not a bad running back he had a bad year but it was better than any of the running backs we have. I think he would immediatly upgrade the team if he was signed. Not saying that we still shouldnt draft a running back in the draft somewhere. Atleast the option of taking a running back in the first would be gone. Hopefully he isnt worried about money and they can get a deal done.

Maybe he will come workout for Houston when he gets cut. I doubt he expects much and he does not need money. He was one of the highest paid players for years. It seems like he really just wants a team that wants him.

Picture hearing this every sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdBjHc-6WE

Last edited by theanswer000; 02-05-2010 at 03:46 PM.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #2
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LaDanian Tomlinson

Wait for it.......wait for it........
Old 02-05-2010   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that can be said about LT is he is a proven short yardage/goal line RB. In a bad year he had 12 TDs this last season.
Old 02-05-2010   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
One thing that can be said about LT is he is a proven short yardage/goal line RB. In a bad year he had 12 TDs this last season.
Yep, he also seems to disappear or get injured when it comes playoff time. So yeah, he'd fit right in here considering we're never there.

I kid......or at least I hope I am
Old 02-05-2010   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

No No No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on the money, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni. Especially if he's got a chip on his shoulder. We play the AFC West next season, so he's familiar with the teams, plus he might have something to prove to his old team. The money has to be right for us, though, and I think he'll probably ask to much.
Old 02-05-2010   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We could use a 30 year old kid, he is better than what we have in the stable currently.
Old 02-05-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

My friend that is a Chargers fan noted that once they left LT as a single back with no FB his numbers started to decline. What if he gets put with a guy like Leach? His numbers were low but it's better than anything our guys put up last year.

The only thing that bothers me is LT's injuries always seem to be a team distraction.

On the other hand, if he's looking for a team that wants him and he's got a chip on his shoulder, he might be ready to prove everyone wrong.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #9
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
On the other hand, if he's looking for a team that wants him and he's got a chip on his shoulder, he might be ready to prove everyone wrong.
"Someday you'll meet your rocking chair
Cos that's where we're spinning
There's no point to wanna comb your hair
When it's grey and thinning"

- the Clash "Bankrobber"
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
"Someday you'll meet your rocking chair
Cos that's where we're spinning
There's no point to wanna comb your hair
When it's grey and thinning"

- the Clash "Bankrobber"
That's funny
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I would love LT to come to the Texans.

It would be inviting....Dallas does not need a running back...he's from South of Waco...would be close enough for his mother and family to watch games...and he would play against the Chargers this year.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #12
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover

haha that is funny.

I would not be surprised though to see him in a Texans uni this year. He is nothing like Ahman Green or Stacy Mack. Signing LT and drafting Blount would be a smart idea. We have a back better than what we had in LT and we are not giving up completely on Arian or Stevey yet. Then next season we will really see if Slaton is back. If LT played here it would probably only be about a 2 year deal and a 3rd year option.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet he is going to want 8 million a year. No thanks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
If thats the case I'd have to pass on him ....

But if he could be had for a reasonable sum I'd take a shot .... especially considering Slaton's recent surgery - the RB position just has to be upgraded.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

They interviewed Shaun Alexander on Sirius NFL Radio a couple days ago and he said he would give it a try if a team would call him...

Anybody..Anybody
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
He's going to be in for a very rude awakening in free agency if that's the number he's going to demand. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni either but it has to be at the right price.
Old 02-06-2010   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Herschel Walker is still in great shape. Just sayin...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read