Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-13-2010   #101
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Just sent this to Vandyqueer and JLO

100th post.
[edit] nevermind 101'st.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 02-14-2010 at 01:06 PM.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010   #102
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Yeah but it was better than what I was going to say... nicer too my friend
Ditto
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010   #103
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Houston Sports radio is in a big funk...period.

We should start a poll on who is Houston's worst personality. It will be close since Craig Roberts isn't on the air (Praise God) anymore.
True

LOL
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010   #104
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

We could have the Texans Talk radio station .

6:00 - 10:00 am ... Cak and Vinny
10:00 - 2:00 pm ... DieHard Chris and Texans Chick ( the kids will be in school ) .
2:00 - 6:00 pm ... Hookem ( it's his game ) and Herv
6:00- 10:00 pm ... Double Barrell and Kaiser Toro
10:00 - 2:00 am ... This is my show but I'll need a co-host maybe Thorn , Hou-Tex , badboy , rmartin , beerlover , dsaacks , we'll do a mock a week
2:00 - 6:00 am ... Texas Bill and Joe Texan with sports and club reviews

Then on weekends we can have the Red Jen political hour .

This is just an example .
Old 02-15-2010   #105
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

10:00 - 2:00 pm ... DieHard Chris and Texans Chick ( the kids will be in school ) .
10:00 - 2:00 am ... This is my show but I'll need a co-host maybe Thorn , Hou-Tex , badboy , rmartin , beerlover , dsaacks , we'll do a mock a week

I'm waaaaaay to drunk by 2:00am to host a show. Maybe HOU-TEX and I could do an afternoon show. There would certainly be a lot of puh ce and dumpster references.
Old 02-15-2010   #106
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm waaaaaay to drunk by 2:00am to host a show. Maybe HOU-TEX and I could do an afternoon show. There would certainly be a lot of puh ce and dumpster references.
That'd be a blast. Although, I'm not sure we'd last long before being sued or fired due to vulgar and politically incorrect content. Satellite radio might be our best bet.

We'd have to add 'employer to supply kegerator with endless supply of kegs' to our contracts.
Old 02-15-2010   #107
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That'd be a blast. Although, I'm not sure we'd last long before being sued or fired due to vulgar and politically incorrect content. Satellite radio might be our best bet.

We'd have to add 'employer to supply kegerator with endless supply of kegs' to our contracts.
HA!! Right on! The 'kegerator' perk is nice. You're probably correct in that satellite radio would be the way to go since the asshats at the FCC would be all over our asses.
Old 02-15-2010   #108
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HA!! Right on! The 'kegerator' perk is nice. You're probably correct in that satellite radio would be the way to go since the asshats at the FCC would be all over our asses.
A radio version of the Man Show .
Old 02-15-2010   #109
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
A radio version of the Man Show .
Sucks for our listeners since they wouldn't be able to see the "Juggies" in studio.
Old 02-15-2010   #110
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Sucks for our listeners since they wouldn't be able to see the "Juggies" in studio.
You'll have to do lot of shows on location .
Old 02-15-2010   #111
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Marc,

Reach down between the Legs and Grab the Marbles Dude, Your the morning show on the Station REPRESENTING THE HOUSTON TEXANS and you are letting the Talking Heads of American Radio Crack your eggs and fry them. When Knucklehead comes up and treats the Texans Like a Joke Beat his ass into the ground. Why do you have the Job if you cannot bring some fire to the kitchen. I cannot Believe 610 sent two "oh" wait maybe all Bozo's to the Superbowl to stand up for Houston and yall lay Down like a sick Puppy. HOUSTON TEXANS ARE THE TOUGHEST TEAM IN THE NFL, WE GOT THE BEST QB, BEST RECIEVER, BEST DEFENSIVE LINBACKERS AND END AND YOU KNOW WHAT, WE WILL BEAT YOUR ASS IF YOU STEP IN OUR WAY. DO NOT CALL MY TEAM A JOKE CAUSE I TELL YOU WHAT THE JOKES ON YOU BUTTHEAD. WHO IS COMING TO DALLAS TO SEE US, YEA THE HOUSTON TEXANS IN DALLAS NEXT FEBRUARY, WHO, I SAY WHO IS COMING TO GET UNDER OUR FOOT SO WE CAN STOMP YOU INTO NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have 610 call me, I will stand up for my team, I bet you guys are too lame to even read this on the air, do not worry I will be listening.

............ this is what i don't get as a houston sports fan..we as a fan base have to get this ginormous chip off of our shoulder.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #112
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is written in english so if you cannot understand it then why comment.

I will try to explain it to you.

Marc V. and J-Lo let the Texan Haters bash the Texans and did nothing to back up the Texans. For a Radio Host and Houston Texan Announcer to just lay down like a sick dog instead of standing up for the Team is just unacceptable in my Book. So I let them know how I felt and frome the responce I got from showing you guys it probably hit home So I am Satisfied.
Old 02-15-2010   #113
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's a lost art but to me if you treat people with respect and dignity you will get that back.

Marc is a huge homer but he has a responsibility to his audience and certainly anybody he interviews to listen to them with respect whether he agrees or not.

He didn't like what Brian or Peter said I am sure but he asked them questions and they would have laughed him off if he jumped down their throats with some kind of chest thumping Texans are great speech...

I bet it hurt his feelings what they said..Vandermeer is just that big of a fan.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #114
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I completely support Joe Texan. Its about time our fan base got some balls and I don't see anything wrong with that. This is football, not cricket. This is a sport based and fueled off emotion and passion.

And we do have the best QB (His 4700+ yards was 6th best in NFL HISTORY and not to mention he won the probowl for the AFC and earned MVP honors.), the best wide receiver, and the best linebacker tandem.

I would disagree with us being the toughest, for that you have to have your trenches mean and nasty and they are not. But I see the point.

I also disagree with Joe Texan about being the #1 fan cus that is sooooooo me!!!!!

Now if we can get someone to make a Green soap that says Support Joe Texan Club!!!

My avatar is a little out dated.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #115
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the Red hop Onto the Pedestal and Hold On cause this ride to Dallas is gonna be rough and Fun, Me and Shetexan cannot do this all by our selves,
Old 02-15-2010   #116
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is the greatest post in the history of message boards!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #117
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Well the Red hop Onto the Pedestal and Hold On cause this ride to Dallas is gonna be rough and Fun, Me and Shetexan cannot do this all by our selves,
I don't think we have too Joe!! Lots of diehards on this board, and they are with us all the way to Dallas!! I intend to BELIEVE it until it is no longer possible!! Right now, on this day in Feb, I have NO reason not to believe our boys will take us to the big show!! Believing in our team is just part of the fun of being a fan. Do or die, we hang in there with um!!!! NOW, all we need is our boys to believe in themselves as much as we believe in them!! Keep that nasty streak going we saw off and on during this past season, show PM that he really is NOT God, and take our house back from VY and the meatballs!! Show him it belongs to TEXANS and he sure as hell is NOT one!!! In other words, cop an attitude, just like all us diehards!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #118
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I guess it's a lost art but to me if you treat people with respect and dignity you will get that back.

Marc is a huge homer but he has a responsibility to his audience and certainly anybody he interviews to listen to them with respect whether he agrees or not.

He didn't like what Brian or Peter said I am sure but he asked them questions and they would have laughed him off if he jumped down their throats with some kind of chest thumping Texans are great speech...

I bet it hurt his feelings what they said..Vandermeer is just that big of a fan.
Well said. As I said earlier, being a great fan doesn't excuse treating people like dirt and not showing some reserved dignity at times(talking radio guys). I find it funny that other fan bases are hicks, backwards, assholes, classless, etc, etc for this same behavior but here it is considered passionate by some. If that is the train of thought then all fans who are talking noise and supporting their team are just passionate. Just saying.
Old 02-16-2010   #119
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Just sent this to Vandyqueer and JLO

Hey - Jamie Dukes said today he is picking the Texans as the team to make the leap next year. But this is also the last consecutive year he is picking them
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #120
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is everybodys last year to pick the texans, If we dont win there is going to be some changes and we can all grab a snickers, cuz its going to be a while!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read