Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-11-2010   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just sent this to Vandyqueer and JLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Marc,

Seems that you did decided to not air something that might make you look a bit Weak in the drivers seat of Houston Texans Radio. After Review of my last message It may have been a bit strong in more ways than one. That being said it is hard on my ears to listen to local radio Hosts who will let The BSPNers dance on your tounges while the locales just agree without any rebuttal for the accomplishments of OUR TEAM. This is Houston, City of 4+million and it would be nice to have Radio Hosts that actually Liked the home Team.
I am not saying Love the team Like I do I am saying show some Respect for the team that gives you a Job. When Baldinger says we suck, Ride him on it.
When Someone else says we suck Stand up and tell him "So do you".
It is embarrassing to hear how you Bowed down in Miami When you could have at least saved some face. I can argue all day with facts when someone says the Texans are Mediocre. You can Too. We have players on the virge of greatness yet you let the Nats step all over you. Man Up and Support the Team that pays you.

Alright I am thinking of sending this as a responce to his email BUT first I will let you guys critic it. I am :
critique it.
Old 02-11-2010   #62
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodness...don't know quite where to start but I won't be a spelling Nazi although I am compelled...but naaa.

Marc is a total homer. IF he invited national sports types over to their booth during SB week then he has to KNOW he will get a national take on things and well just maybe this IS the national take on the Texans.

Like I said Baldinger would have smashed him like a bug if he got in his face Joe..even you must know that...and he is entitled to his opinion and obviously he gave it.

It's really silly to think these guys are going to get all warm and fuzzy over the Texans.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #63
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post

got a weird feeling this is going to be a LONG off-season
You too? It feels like we are comming off of a 3-13 year with old players and no upside.
Old 02-11-2010   #64
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You Yahoos I know who you are and if your going to be on Houston Radio letting national Radio Jocks rip you and do not stand up for the team your representing then you turn into the one and only "SECOND HONEYMOON".

I am the #1 Fan and if I want to jump on Houston Sports radio then I will do it. I do not do it so you will like me, I do not do it to look good in your eyes.
I do it Because I have a Deep Love for my team and you boneheads can say whatever you want you will never have the Desire I have for this team. I am entitled to my opinions just like the troll Second Honeymoon. The only difference is that I Stand up for my team and believe in my team. I do not bag on the head coach for improving every year, I do not let others bag on the team when it is not necessarywithout throwing it back in thier face. I do not think it is classless to let these Bozo Radio personel that think they own Houston Radio know that we listen and we will correct thier innabilities when we see them falter. If your refering to the comments about the "man in you" I apologize Grandma but sometimes you got to kick em where it counts. Football is a mans game and the Bozos I am refering too are Men, or at least i thought they were till I heard how they wimpered down for the National Jocks.
Well said sir.
Old 02-11-2010   #65
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
You too? It feels like we are comming off of a 3-13 year with old players and no upside.
When did we go 3-13?

4-12
5-7
7-8
2-14
6-10
8-8
8-8
9-7

Old 02-11-2010   #66
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Marc,

Seems that you did decided to not air something that might make you look a bit Weak in the drivers seat of Houston Texans Radio. After Review of my last message It may have been a bit strong in more ways than one. That being said it is hard on my ears to listen to local radio Hosts who will let The BSPNers dance on your tounges while the locales just agree without any rebuttal for the accomplishments of OUR TEAM. This is Houston, City of 4+million and it would be nice to have Radio Hosts that actually Liked the home Team.
I am not saying Love the team Like I do I am saying show some Respect for the team that gives you a Job. When Baldinger says we suck, Ride him on it.
When Someone else says we suck Stand up and tell him "So do you".
It is embarrassing to hear how you Bowed down in Miami When you could have at least saved some face. I can argue all day with facts when someone says the Texans are Mediocre. You can Too. We have players on the virge of greatness yet you let the Nats step all over you. Man Up and Support the Team that pays you.

Alright I am thinking of sending this as a responce to his email BUT first I will let you guys critic it. I am :
Honestly, Vandermeer is one of the biggest homers I have ever heard. So he is right along with your thinking. If you want to write something, say you are sorry for coming on so strong but you love your team and just feel the need to stick up for them sometimes...the end. They'll respect that more.
Old 02-11-2010   #67
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And you're so freakin' brilliant that you couldn't figure out that Joe was referring to Super Bowl XLV... Where is Super Bowl XLV going to be held?? Dallas Cowboy Stadium!!

As usual, your opinion is wrong. Just look in the Texans Talk forum and it's quite obvious who the laughingstock is.
whatever, TB. i don't know what happened to you, but you used to be cool even when we disagreed, but then you started having your head so far up Kubiak's ass that you lost sight of reality and started being a prick to me....whatever, I am not trying to change your opinion. I am just pointing out brutal truths that people have a hard time digesting.

as for me being a laughingstock, you couldn't be more wrong. i am more in tune with where this team actually is but if being real and not being a homer makes me a laughingstock to the homers and sheeple, so be it.

i have been posting on this forum since it started and have been called lots of names...who the f cares? i know i have been right, i know i am right and i have been proven right time and time again. i am not on this forum to make friends or to play footsie with the sheeple. i am here to talk football and let people know the truth...not the spin doctoring or the ignorant homering that you get everyday in this city.

if you don't like me fine, but calling me a laughingstock is a stretch at best. i get props daily for my posts and i know lots of people agree that this organization has been mired in a funk for too long. its time to get things going.

as for you, TB. i am not going to resort to calling you names. your just a bit too optimistic for me especially based on what you have seen. i don't know how .500 makes people's panties so wet around here but I guess that is just the curse of low expectations. your opinion is your opinion but a fact is a fact. you champion a .500 coach and defend him with excuse after excuse. just like another guy everyone around here used to make excuses for. I guess its enough for you that Kubiak can beat the Lions, Raiders, and Rams of the world but gets worked over by everyone else and has never met a big game he couldn't lose.

as for you, Joe Texan. I am not even going to waste my time making fun of you. you do a good enough job making a fool of yourself with your youtube videos. and just remember, for every negative rep you (and the rest of Sheepleland) give me, I get 5 or more giving me positive rep for telling it like it is....so keep the neg rep flowing..its obviously really doing a lot to my rep power and self esteem.
Old 02-11-2010   #68
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Just sent this to Vandyqueer and JLO

Quote:
and it would be nice to have Radio Hosts that actually Liked the home Team.
[I've been avoiding posting in this thread (but am going to rep the raptor flying a rapter)....]

Joe, you would be hard pressed to find a bigger homer than Marc V. I love the guy and defend him all the time, but he does nothing BUT defend the home team.

*edit* Frog beat me to this
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
whatever, TB. i don't know what happened to you, but you used to be cool even when we disagreed, but then you started having your head so far up Kubiak's ass that you lost sight of reality and started being a prick to me....whatever, I am not trying to change your opinion. I am just pointing out brutal truths that people have a hard time digesting.

as for me being a laughingstock, you couldn't be more wrong. i am more in tune with where this team actually is but if being real and not being a homer makes me a laughingstock to the homers and sheeple, so be it.

i have been posting on this forum since it started and have been called lots of names...who the f cares? i know i have been right, i know i am right and i have been proven right time and time again. i am not on this forum to make friends or to play footsie with the sheeple. i am here to talk football and let people know the truth...not the spin doctoring or the ignorant homering that you get everyday in this city.

if you don't like me fine, but calling me a laughingstock is a stretch at best. i get props daily for my posts and i know lots of people agree that this organization has been mired in a funk for too long. its time to get things going.

as for you, TB. i am not going to resort to calling you names. your just a bit too optimistic for me especially based on what you have seen. i don't know how .500 makes people's panties so wet around here but I guess that is just the curse of low expectations. your opinion is your opinion but a fact is a fact. you champion a .500 coach and defend him with excuse after excuse. just like another guy everyone around here used to make excuses for. I guess its enough for you that Kubiak can beat the Lions, Raiders, and Rams of the world but gets worked over by everyone else and has never met a big game he couldn't lose.

as for you, Joe Texan. I am not even going to waste my time making fun of you. you do a good enough job making a fool of yourself with your youtube videos. and just remember, for every negative rep you (and the rest of Sheepleland) give me, I get 5 or more giving me positive rep for telling it like it is....so keep the neg rep flowing..its obviously really doing a lot to my rep power and self esteem.
Read my sig (the quote I borrowed from DB). How does that make my "head up Kubiaks ass" or "a homer"? Do I like Kubiak? Yes. Can I admit his faults and **** ups? YES

What I get sick and tired of is posters like you that are self proclaimed 'experts' going around attacking other posters in which you disagree with. Opinion is not fact. Saying Gary Kubiak sucks is an opinion, not a fact. BTW, I get plenty of props for my takes too, so what does that prove? Nada!

Here's a fact that you continually ignore, the Texans weren't .500.
Old 02-11-2010   #70
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Just sent this to Vandyqueer and JLO

Quote:
When did we go 3-13?

4-12
5-7
7-8
2-14
6-10
8-8
8-8
9-7

Saints fan? Didn't they hit 3-13 a few years back?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #71
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

you said I so many times you could actually be OBAMA
Old 02-11-2010   #72
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you said I so many times you could actually be OBAMA
Ha, I'm sure he roughs up his suspect looking at Obama and Carr posters.
Old 02-11-2010   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Saints fan? Didn't they hit 3-13 a few years back?
Ha! Just for sh*ts and giggles I looked it up. The Saints went 3-13 in 2005.
Old 02-11-2010   #74
JT
Justin Tripper

Rep Power: 63 JT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Frog you need to check yourself before you start insinuating that I take up your bad habbits, I sent what I said to a man and showed you guys, Then out come the Army against Joe Texan So I put them in thier place. You must fall into that catagory since it pulls you panties in a wad. And By the way when did you become my therapist, So Sorry your Barking up a dead tree
cause I do not need no Cowboy lovin educate police trying to anylize how much I drank while defending My Team. I said some of you and you would know who you were so if it hit home, Oh Well.

When I get wait a second, Drink Drink glug glug glug. Alright when I have an opinion about something and it ruffles your feathers there is a bunch of you pink soapers and Joe Texan Haters who cannot wait to jump all over me so Here have something for your pink soapism and Hatred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSf8own4b9M
Can we get a week ban on this guy? He's offended pretty much every walk of life, because "that's what he do"?
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #75
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should set up a special tent on the 20th for a round-table discussion.

$5 to argue for 15 mins and $1 to be a spectator.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #76
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha! Just for sh*ts and giggles I looked it up. The Saints went 3-13 in 2005.
That's how they got Reggie .
Old 02-11-2010   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
That's how they got Reggie .
Right!! Leave me alone, I've slept since then.
Old 02-11-2010   #78
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

so... Not to change the subject or anything but, who all is going to the chilli cookoff next weekend?
Old 02-11-2010   #79
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
so... Not to change the subject or anything but, who all is going to the chilli cookoff next weekend?
What is your fan ranking ?
Old 02-11-2010   #80
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we ask the Tailgating officials if we can bring in a boxing ring to the Platinum lot and all this can be settled in there?
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read