Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-04-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tebow-to-Jags talk isn't sitting well with at least one Jag player

Uche Nwaneri posted on the Jaguars’ Web site that, while cashing a check, a bank teller started talking about how Tebow will save the Jaguars.

So Nwaneri posted his five points on Tebow, with capital letters:

"1. He can't throw, PERIOD.

2. He can't read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man.

3. The QB Wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD.

4. He doesn’t know how to take a snap from center.

5. HE CAN’T THROW, and that’s really something you either have or not.

Nwaneri then urged fans to buy tickets because he doesn’t want to come out "for pregame warmups to a COMPLETELY EMPTY STADIUM ANYMORE."

The funny thing is this is one of the guys that would be "blocking" for Tebow if he were there.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,217616
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow-to-Jags talk isn't sitting well with at least one Jag player

Too bad the Jags traded their 2nd round pick to NE for NE's 3rd round pick to take Derek Cox out of William and Mary.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they are going to pick him. Not with the 1st at least. Nobody seems very interested in him at all, so Jville does have a chance to select him in the later rounds. I think he will fall very far.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I don't think they are going to pick him. Not with the 1st at least. Nobody seems very interested in him at all, so Jville does have a chance to select him in the later rounds. I think he will fall very far.
I really don't see many people rating him higher than a 3rd rounder at best. I don't know how much farther than that he will fall as a few coaches have come out and said that he is very coachable and is an extremely hard worker.
Old 02-04-2010   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Might make a really good TE.
Old 02-04-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow would be a great 3rd round pick for the Jags to please the fans... much like VY would have been, here.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I must be in the minority, but I still believe Tebow will be a winning NFL QB. I don't know why either - I know his arm is iffy, he played in a messed up college system that NFL defenses would crush etc.

He just has enough intangibles that I would risk a 2nd or 3rd round pick, especially if QB was a need position. Buffalo to me is a great spot for him, because lord knows they need a QB, and their fans, who are the most tortured in the league, need a reason to believe a 'messiah' is coming. Its a calculated gamble that can't prove worse than their experiments with Trent Edwards, JP Losman or Rob Johnson.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2010   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I must be in the minority, but I still believe Tebow will be a winning NFL QB. I don't know why either - I know his arm is iffy, he played in a messed up college system that NFL defenses would crush etc.

He just has enough intangibles that I would risk a 2nd or 3rd round pick, especially if QB was a need position. Buffalo to me is a great spot for him, because lord knows they need a QB, and their fans, who are the most tortured in the league, need a reason to believe a 'messiah' is coming. Its a calculated gamble that can't prove worse than their experiments with Trent Edwards, JP Losman or Rob Johnson.
Sounds like someone trying to convince themselves VY will be a good NFL QB. j/k - mostly.
Old 02-04-2010   #9
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sounds like someone trying to convince themselves VY will be a good NFL QB. j/k - mostly.
I wouldn't ever compare these two QBs. I am going to guess Tebow knew how to spell his own name on the Wonderlic.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

Good post. I think he's worth picking where you said.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Good post. I think he's worth picking where you said.
I agree also. I just think that 2nd rounder is still too high for him. If I'm Jville, you have to take him if he's still available in the 3rd. Not because he's a great QB but because he's someone that will draw interest of the media which will then help the cause of the stadium being sold out.

As a Texan fan I have to think that Jville selecting Tebow is a good thing too. Eventually the team will be divided between him and Gerrard and thus the crumbling of this team will begin...again. MWAHHAAHAAAHAAA!
Old 02-04-2010   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I agree also. I just think that 2nd rounder is still too high for him. If I'm Jville, you have to take him if he's still available in the 3rd. Not because he's a great QB but because he's someone that will draw interest of the media which will then help the cause of the stadium being sold out.

As a Texan fan I have to think that Jville selecting Tebow is a good thing too. Eventually the team will be divided between him and Gerrard and thus the crumbling of this team will begin...again. MWAHHAAHAAAHAAA!
I really don't think it would cause the Jags to crumble as you said..you just do what most teams do. You have your starter and the heir apparent. Let Tebow play in the preseason and in mop up duty (if that ever happens for them) and then maybe in a few years you make the change. IF he can be a starter.

Tebow never struck me as anything but a good teammate. I don't think he'll go in anywhere and be disruptive in any way. IF anything he's the kind of kid you want on your team as far as demeanor, etc.

But who knows? He might be snatched up before the Jags even get a chance.
Old 02-04-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I really don't think it would cause the Jags to crumble as you said..you just do what most teams do. You have your starter and the heir apparent. Let Tebow play in the preseason and in mop up duty (if that ever happens for them) and then maybe in a few years you make the change. IF he can be a starter.

Tebow never struck me as anything but a good teammate. I don't think he'll go in anywhere and be disruptive in any way. IF anything he's the kind of kid you want on your team as far as demeanor, etc.

But who knows? He might be snatched up before the Jags even get a chance.
Well I don't think Tebow would instigate anything. He has been a good teammate. I'm just thinking about how it was around here fan wise when you know who didn't get drafted by us.

Let Gerrard throw one int or lose a game and see what the fans start to do. Trust me, things would get really crazy.
Old 02-04-2010   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

It will be interesting to see how his stock rises or falls this offseason. He is such an accomplished college player. I'm interested in seeing how/if he can prove people wrong and how he would do in the NFL.
Old 02-05-2010   #15
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Too bad the Jags traded their 2nd round pick to NE for NE's 3rd round pick to take Derek Cox out of William and Mary.
Why? Cox has been played great this season. He is one of the few defensive players that are good on the Jags defense.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #16
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on the fence on this issue. I'll support the Jags either way.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Like most other's have said, I definitely don't think he's worth a 1st rounder. I'd be hard-pressed not to take a flyer on him mid-second or early third. I think we can all agree the dude's a great athlete. It's just about finding the right job for him in the NFL.
Old 02-05-2010   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Like most other's have said, I definitely don't think he's worth a 1st rounder. I'd be hard-pressed not to take a flyer on him mid-second or early third. I think we can all agree the dude's a great athlete. It's just about finding the right job for him in the NFL.
Very true..where and how will he fit on an NFL squad?
Old 02-05-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Very true..where and how will he fit on an NFL squad?
Ha, that's the million dollar question. I'm not going to pretend I know where and how he'll fit with a team in the NFL. To me, he seems like a Dallas Clark type TE/H back....depending on his hands, of course.
Old 02-05-2010   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Poor Tim..they'll probably have him at one of those little backstage tables..just sitting waiting for his name to be called. And with every pick selected they'll pan in on him. They do that every year with somebody.

Ah..he's a good kid. Good luck to him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read