Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-02-2005   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts release tight end Marcus Pollard and four other starters

Link

"INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Indianapolis Colts released veteran tight end Marcus Pollard on Wednesday, saving the team an immediate $2.65 million against the NFL salary cap.

Colts President Bill Polian said the team hoped eventually to get Pollard back under a new contract and would welcome him next season if he does not sign with another team in the meantime.

Other Colts starters who became free agents Wednesday included guard Rick DeMulling, safety Idrees Bashir, cornerback Nick Harper and middle linebacker Rob Morris."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I didnt think their D could get any worse. But here is proof. Well actually it was pretty good at the 2nd half of last season. But I though they were trying to make it even better.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well Bashir became expendable now that they have two good young safeties. Rob Morris never really fit into Dungy's system, and they'll probably look to address the defense in the draft. Harper is a loss, but then again any loss of any CB of the Colts is a loss. They don't really have any CB on the team that is a 'shut down' corner. When your offense is scoring so many points it's not as much of a concern I guess unless you face NE.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pollard

Any interest from the Texans in this news?

Quote:
Colts | Pollard Released - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:24:34 -0800

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports the Indianapolis Colts have released TE Marcus Pollard. He was due a roster bonus of $750,000 and would have counted $4.85 million against this season's salary cap. Pollard will still count $2.2 million in "dead money" against the Colts' 2005 salary cap.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #5
Chawky1
Veteran

Pollard would be awesome for you guys! Big, strong, physical, fast, excellent hands and can actually block. What a huge pick up he could be for you. As for Dungy, I watched him on NFL network over the weekend at the scouting combine and Rich Eisen had something to the effect of "coach is it ok that we are talking to you now, prospects are doing their drills"...and he returned with something to the effect of "well Rich, those guys play offense." I think we obviously know which direction the Colts will be going in the draft. I'd wager a good 5 picks on the D side of the ball, barring some amazingly awesome O kid falling and them resorting to the best player available thing. They are hurting for D, and can see reaching for it on picks because they need some talent on that side of the ball so badly.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #6
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Yeah, but if we got Pollard, then Plaxico would not be considered. I for one would like to have Plaxico.
Old 03-03-2005   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it's a choice betweent Pollard or Plaxico, Plaxico wins hands down as far as I am concerend. If Jopprue makes it back, and the coaching staff seems to believe this, we will be "OK" at TE.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2005   #8
Dionysus22
Veteran

Default Did someone say Pollard?

What are ya'lls thoughts on Marcus Pollard coming here? It seems our only real option is Miller. Other than that we have someone who hasn't played in two years and someone who can only block, with no hands (yet we keep sending out on routes). It might be a little costly but I'd feel more comfortable with Pollard and Miller that with those other guys.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
If it's a choice betweent Pollard or Plaxico, Plaxico wins hands down as far as I am concerend. If Jopprue makes it back, and the coaching staff seems to believe this, we will be "OK" at TE.

Plaxico may be a good reciever but he's not in the same class as AJ , he also is somewhat of a whiner , he'll just cry about not getting the ball enough . I think the Texans will address the WR position early to mid draft (rounds 2-4).
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #10
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Plax is a big whiner and not a team guy. The first thing he said after the loss to NE was "I need more passes" He never mentioned he dropped a sure TD.

I'm gonna miss Pollard, he is a great clubhouse guy. But don't count on him going all out to destroy the colts. He always plays hard, plus the organization has said they would like to bring him back down the road to retire as a colt. There's no revenge factor there.
Old 03-04-2005   #11
Houston_Fan2005

Default Will Texans sign Marcus Pollard.

Will Texans sign Marcus Pollard from the Indianapolis Colts released veteran tight end Marcus Pollard on Wednesday.
Old 03-04-2005   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fan2005
Will Texans sign Marcus Pollard from the Indianapolis Colts released veteran tight end Marcus Pollard on Wednesday.
Welcome to the board.

No. Pollard is too old, and I'm sure asking for way too much money. Miller is good, and hopefully Joppru will be injury free to give us a good recieving tight end.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #13
Chawky1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Plax is a big whiner and not a team guy. The first thing he said after the loss to NE was "I need more passes" He never mentioned he dropped a sure TD.

I'm gonna miss Pollard, he is a great clubhouse guy. But don't count on him going all out to destroy the colts. He always plays hard, plus the organization has said they would like to bring him back down the road to retire as a colt. There's no revenge factor there.
And you have Dallas Clark who I thought looked pretty darn good last year.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005   #14
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawky1
And you have Dallas Clark who I thought looked pretty darn good last year.
most definately. He eases the pain of losing Marcus, but I love good clubhouse guys.
Old 03-04-2005   #15
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

In stead of pollard, why don't we go after Milli from the seahawks, I think he owns all the TE records for the Hawks and is a decent blocker.
Old 03-07-2005   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Signed with the Lions today...3 year deal....

Good deal by DET...

funny thing is...Bradford is going to visit them and he wants to be a big part of an offense....LMFAO!!!
Old 03-07-2005   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I hope to hell we don't sign Bradford

I can tell you that NO ONE in Lion Land saw that Pollard thing comming.

I am just glad we have a Real TE for the first time in ....well since I have been watching football.
Too bad he won't be around too much longer.
Old 03-07-2005   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard looks to be a good fit with you guys. But I will get a good laugh if Bradford signs with the Lions.
Old 03-07-2005   #19
Rosusu
All Pro

Pollard is a great TE, I am glad that Manning has one less target!
Old 03-07-2005   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
Pollard is a great TE, I am glad that Manning has one less target!
Now we'll see the emergence of Hartsock

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read